Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are one of our families favorite summer strawberry desserts. This strawberry bars recipe is made with fresh strawberries and baked in the oven. It is so easy to make and serve for a dessert, snack, breakfast or brunch. Hello, tasty spring or summer dessert ideas. Now, get in my belly!
If this isn’t the dessert recipe you are looking for you might like to try our other strawberry recipes. Find a few we enjoy at the bottom of this post. Or try any of our other baking recipes.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Looking for other recipes to try? Strawberry Recipes
- White Whole Wheat Flour (or a mix of 1:1 white flour and whole wheat flour)
- Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened slightly)
- 1-1/2 cup Oatmeal (I like using Quaker Oats)
- Brown Sugar
- Honey (alternative for crust and crumb topping)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice (I like freshly squeezed lemon juice or you can buy lemon juice)
- Vanilla Extract
- Corn Starch
How To Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Start by washing, hulling and cutting your strawberries. Combine, lemon, vanilla, granulated sugar, and corn starch. Set the bowl to the side until needed.
- Mix your dry flour mixture for the crust and crumble in a large bowl. (Whole Wheat Flour, a dash of salt, baking powder, oatmeal, light or golden brown sugar, and softened butter. Adding a little bit of vanilla or honey until crumbly, not wet!)
- After it is mixed remove one cup and reserve for the crumb topping. (just add it to a small bowl)
- Press the flour mixture (minus 1 cup for the crumb topping) into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. (You can either spray it with Pam or line it with parchment paper and spray it with Pam).
- Next, add your strawberry mixture onto the pressed crust in the baking dish.
- Spread the strawberries over the top of the crust evenly.
- Lastly, add the reserved crumb topping over the strawberries. Make sure to cover the entire top of the strawberries all the way to the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool, cut and serve. If you used parchment paper, let cool slightly, pull out and cool then cut.
Summer Strawberry Dessert
An optional way to serve your oatmeal bars and make them fancier. Add whip cream or ice cream with additional strawberries next to the strawberry bars on a dessert plate.
Easy to make, bake and delicious!
- Are you new here? Subscribe (Bonus, you get free stuff! Including our free recipe binder pages and resources.)
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- No-Bake Icebox Cakes and Recipes Pinterest
- More Icebox Cakes, Icebox Pies and No-Bake Recipes (here)
- Strawberry Recipes Pinterest
- Strawberry Recipes
Strawberry recipes you might enjoy making!
- No Pectin Strawberry Jam Recipes
- Strawberry Peach Jam Recipe
- Homemade Peach Strawberry Lemonade
- Easy Strawberry Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries
- 20+ Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Banana Bread
- No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Pie
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake (mini)
- Strawberry Fudge
- No-Bake Patriotic Dessert (with strawberries and blueberries)
- Strawberry Strifle Icebox Cake (mini)