I found a great Strawberry Banana Bread recipe and adapted it slightly. It was such a good baking recipe, I don’t even think this recipe for Strawberry Banana Bread lasted a week in our house. It’s a sweet bread recipe that is perfect for serving with coffee or tea for breakfast, a brunch, snacking or as a dessert recipe.
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
I also tried a strawberry muffins recipe too but, it didn’t turn out quite right. Although that one tasted amazing, they turned out a little flat, and sunken in. I’m not sure what went wrong. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.
You don’t see all the fails that we have when trying recipes to share with you. Only the hits, like this No Bake Strawberry Icebox Pie or our other sweet bread baking recipes, like our:
- Easy Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Rustic Banana Bread With Crumble Topping
- Banana Bread With Blueberries And Pecans
Let’s get baking this easy quick bread recipe with strawberries in it.
Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
In separate bowls; mash your bananas, wash and chop your strawberries. Set them to the side. Then you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees. You’ll cream the butter and sugar in your mixing bowl, next adding your vanilla, eggs and then mashed bananas. I really am enjoying my new Kitchen Aid mixer I invested in. It’s the first time I’ve ever owned own.
In a separate bowl you’ll add all your dry ingredients together. Then slowly combine and dry ingredients to your wet ingredients. Don’t over mix or stir. Lastly fold in your strawberries.
Then dump your batter into your baking dish and smooth out top. I also lightly tap the baking dish on the counter to ensure all the air bubbles get out of the banana strawberry bread batter. If you have a glass dish you can use a towel under it, but do it gently.
Bake until your bread comes out clean when checked with a clean knife. Check during last minutes of bake and adjust as needed. If top is browning too fast you can always tent foil over top loosely while finishing bake time for the inside.
Bake time will vary with altitude and ovens, bake time approximately 45 minutes – 60 minutes.
This strawberry bread is so good. It has a moist inside and slightly browned outside. Eat it as is or spread softened butter.
The next day we enjoyed this strawberry banana bread with coffee for breakfast. It tastes great with hot coffee or tea.
Printable Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe
- Strawberries 1-1-1/2 cups
- 4 bananas (I used 1 cup bananas + one banana)
- butter- half cup
- Sugar-one cup
- Vanilla 1 tsp.
- eggs- 2
- flour- 2 cups
- baking soda- one teaspoon
- salt 1/2 tsp.
- Peel and mash bananas in a bowl.
- Wash, chop strawberries and put into another bowl.
- Prep your baking dish ( pre spray with Pam and lightly coat with flour, shake out excess)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs and bananas to creamed ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add all your dry ingredients together and lightly mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into your creamed ingredients.
- Next fold in your strawberries.
- Then add your strawberry banana bread batter into your prepared bowl and bake until done.
- Let your bread cool before slicing.
- Bake times will vary. Check often at the end of the baking time. Bake until the bread comes clean by testing with a clean knife. About 45 minutes to one hour. Tent with foil if top starts to get overly brown, but do not enclose. Serve at room temperature or warm with or without butter. Store in fridge.
Be sure to subscribe subscribe, bonus you get a free printable recipe binder.