Grilled Chicken Salad – This salad is made with fresh green salad, grilled chicken, and strawberries. Then mixed with a homemade ginger dressing. There is nothing I love more than grilling season and grilled recipes.
Are you ready to make a salad recipe topped with grilled chicken? Do you like salads with fruit? Then try this grilled chicken recipe along with the ginger dressing. And top it with fresh seasonal fruits such as strawberries and peaches. Of course, if the fruits are out of season use fruits like blueberries or even dried fruits like cranberries. Using the latter is perfect for fall or winter salads with chicken.
Green Salad With Grilled Chicken
The homemade green salad is tossed with freshly grilled chicken and ginger dressing. Don’t you just love sweet and savory? This was a very easy recipe to make. Today I will share my spin on the recipe and where to find the original.
Hubby is great at grilling steak, tri-tip, and sausages but, claims he can’t grill chicken. What? Grilling chicken is quite easy.
If you need a few tips on grilling chicken, see this post How to grill chicken perfectly ( chicken grilling tips).
Then you can make this recipe in no time flat!
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
PRO TIP: It is best to prepare your salad and dressing first, then put it in the refrigerator. That way when the grilled chicken is cooked you can just chop it to add it in.
Looking for a different grilling recipe? Here are all our Grilled Recipes
If you don’t want to grill and are looking for something else to cook? Try making any of our 30-Minute Meals. Perfect for busy families.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Salad
Ingredients for Homemade Ginger Dressing
- Fresh ginger (Which will be grated or minced)
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt, and pepper.
- Optional crushed garlic
Measure out your ingredients. The exact measurements in the printable recipe and mix up the salad dressing in a bottle or bowl. Reserve dressing until ready to serve! Keep it chilled in the refrigerator.
Next, get the salad prepped! You will need a chopping board and knife.
- Gather all your fresh veggies and fruits.
- Wash, dry, and chop all the salad greens.
- Wash and cut up the fruits.
- Add the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Toss gently and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Add saran wrap to the bowl, covering the salad and fruit.
- Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
Grilling The Chicken
Next, grill your chicken the perfect minimum internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees F*.
- Try not to overcook your chicken as you don’t want your chicken to end up dry.
- When completely cooked about 15-20 minutes. The grilling time depends on the thickness of the chicken breasts and the temperature of the grill.
- Adjust cook time as needed.
- When it’s fully reached the proper temperature let the chicken cool a bit.
- Just enough to handle while chopping it up into bite-size pieces.
In a hurry? You can use pre-grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken from the store.
Cut up your chicken and add it to the pre-prepped salad (remember to take off the damp paper towel). Toss the salad gently mixing the grilled chicken into your pre-mixed salad! Serve it on plates. We used the ginger dressing and let the kids use whatever their favorite dressing was. Can you guess what they picked? Sammie’s favorite is Italian dressing or Ranch dressing. I don’t judge. You know how it is with kids. As long as they eat healthy, right?!
Add it to your Meal Plan Monday Recipes! This is a recipe we love making all year long. But, especially in the spring, summer, and fall months.
Grilled Chicken Salad With Ginger Dressing
- 1 bag spinach 3 cups
- iceberg lettuce
- 1 red onion
- pkg. strawberries
- 1-2 nectarines or peaches
- 1/2-1 tsp. fresh ginger grated
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic optional
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder or Garlic Salt
For the dressing: Grate fresh ginger into a bowl then add into measuring a cup of pre-measured olive oil and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Set to the side
Wash, dry and chop your greens, fruit, and onion.
Put into a bowl and cover with damp paper towel set into the fridge until needed. Do not add the dressing until serving.
Grill boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts until done. Spice with Garlic, Salt and Pepper. Grill on Medium heat until no pink is showing inside. Cook to internal Temp of 165* http://www.foodsafety.gov/keep/charts/mintemp.html
Serves 3-4. Increase ingredients for larger families. Enjoy the refreshing salad with grilled chicken!
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe! Grab our free printable recipe binder and cooking resources.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Recipes – Salads Pinterest
- Recipes – Grilling Pinterest
Related Recipes you may enjoy
- Meal Plan Monday Recipes
- Grilled Recipes
- 30 Minute Recipes
- See all our easy recipes in our Recipe Index.