I have the easiest patriotic dessert for you today. Anyone can make this easy treat recipe. Use it for a Memorial Day dessert, 4th of July dessert, or no-bake summer dessert. This quick to assemble in mini mason jars or serve on a plate. Which makes it great for when you are busy but, still entertaining guests. And perfect for last-minute desserts.
When you are done you might like to see all our no-bake icebox cakes, pies and dessert recipes.
We used strawberries and blueberries but, you can also use the combination of strawberries and blackberries. Or all three of the berries to create a red, white and blue dessert.
For this recipe, you will need only a few ingredients to make the dessert.
- 1 large container Blueberries
- 1 large container Strawberries
- Sponge Cake (store bought or make your own with this sponge cake recipe) You can even use a white cake if you prefer, or shortcake. NOTE: The sponge or shortcake will hold up longer.
- Whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar (whip cream recipe)(OR) A whip cream topping like Cool Whip.
If you are serving a larger group (over 4-6) double all ingredients.
Assemble your ingredients
- Start with clean dry mini mason jars or a parfait – trifle dish or other serving large-sized serving dish. Or serve it on individual plates.
Directions for the Patriotic red, white and blue dessert
- Rinse your blueberries and strawberries with water in a colander and let them drip dry.
- Take the tops off the strawberries and slice them
- Cut your sponge cake into big bite-size pieces
- Make your whipping cream or take out your Cool Whip, Tru Whip, or Coconut Whip Cream
- Begin to assemble your dessert
How to assemble the red, white and blue dessert – No-bake Summer Dessert
- Add your whip cream to the bottom of a clean wide mouth mini mason jar
- Next, add a layer of the sponge cake (or other white cake)
- Add sliced strawberries and blueberries
- Then add more sponge cake
- Top with more whip cream
- If you use a larger jar you keep layering until the jar is full but, leave room to top with whip cream.
Should you decide to lid your jar make sure to leave enough closing space at the top. Adjusting the final layers as needed.
Alternative ways to serve the dessert would be to slice a cake and layer the fruit and whipped topping on the dessert.
Don’t you love it when you can put together a tasty dessert so easily when you are in a hurry?
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- No-Bake Desserts Pinterest
- Patriotic desserts, crafts, and ideas Pinterest
- Baking Recipes
- Treat Recipes
- Icebox Cake Recipes
Patriotic Chex Mix Recipe
You might like this Patriotic Snack Chex Mix Recipe too.
Strawberry Shortcake recipe. Easy to make biscuit-style shortcake with strawberries and whip cream. Add blueberries to make this a red, white and blue dessert.
Strawberry Trifle recipe make this a Patriotic dessert by adding blueberries.
Patriotic Desserts and Crafts