Suppliers and Resources for art and crafts, photography that I highly recommend and use myself! There are a few here for sewing but, to see them all see the Sewing page.
I will earn a small commission if you decide to purchase from these suppliers. There is no additional charge to you! I only recommend products, suppliers and workshops I have or would use myself! Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep this site running.
The camera I shoot with right now is a Cannon 60D This camera does have both auto / manual modes. I love my camera and am saving up for the next level. It’s important to start with one that is a good fit for your skill level. My starter camera is listed below. 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 5.3 frames per second continuous shooting
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- 3.0 inch articulated Clear View LCD with 1,040,000 dots
- 9-point AF system (all cross-type)
- Wireless flash control
This is the Canon Power Shot that I started with when I first started blogging. Here’s is the newer version of the Canon Power Shot. (visit to see it’s specs) But, one thing that’s upgraded is that it has Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows wireless transferring of images and video and so much more!
- Bright 2.8-inch Vari-angle LCD with 461,000 dots plus electronic viewfinder
- 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 image processor
- 50x optical zoom (24-1200mm) and 24mm wide-angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer
- apture stunning 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button
- I own a Cricut Explore Air 2 cutting machine to see projects I’ve used it for search paper crafts and Cricut crafts.
What I love about it is being able to use the online studio.
- In the online studio you can easily purchase your cutting designs.
- And even design your own. Visit them to find out more, and to see their new Maker cutting machine. Works cutting patterns for sewers, and many materials.
- Want to learn to sew? These classes are really good.
- There are online classes for every level of sewer.
- What’s great is that these are yours forever and videos kept on their site.
- DIY Your own wedding bouquet! And many other classes.
- We have done 3 DIY weddings. Have any questions just ask!
- Also be sure to see my Wedding Inspiration Boards on Pinterest.
- The editing software I use the most is PicMonkey! It’s easy to use.
- I upgraded for a small annual fee (equal to 2.33 a mo.) which gives you access to many of the best fonts, overlays and other special features!
- I highly recommend PicMonkey for any blogger or if you are a hobby photographer.
- I’ve taken several photography classes online at Craftsy. Food photography, Product photography…
- If you want to see some reviews of the online classes, just search photography.
- Craftsy not only has patterns, some patterns offered are free from designers!
- They also carry kits which you can often find on sale.
- Are you a knitter?? Knitting Supplies