Suppliers and Resources for art and crafts, photography…that I highly recommend, and use myself! There are a few here for sewing but, to see them all see the Sewing page.
I will earn a small commission if you decide to purchase from these suppliers. There is no additional charge to you! I only recommend products, suppliers, and workshops I have or would use myself! Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep this site running.
What is a good Camera? Where to get a Good Camera?
The camera I shoot with right now is a Canon 60D This camera does have both auto / manual modes. I love my camera and am saving up for the next level. It’s important to start with the one that is a good fit for your skill level. My starter camera is listed below.
Features of the Canon 60 D
- 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 5.3 frames per second continuous shooting
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls
- 3.0 inch articulated Clear View LCD with 1,040,000 dots
- 9-point AF system (all cross-type)
- Wireless flash control
This is the Canon Power Shot that I started with when I first started blogging. Here’s is the newer version of the Canon Power Shot. (visit to see it’s specs) But, one thing that’s upgraded is that it has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC allows wireless transferring of images and video and so much more!
Features of the Canon Power Shot
- Bright 2.8-inch Vari-angle LCD with 461,000 dots plus electronic viewfinder
- 12.1 megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 image processor
- 50x optical zoom (24-1200mm) and 24mm wide-angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer
- apture stunning 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button
We just got Sammie this Camera for her photography journey! As she has been learning photography. This camera Canon EOS M200 is perfect for someone who wants to video blog, create videos, and also it’s super light. We did a lot of research and this mirrorless camera was not only high quality but, the price point was affordable.
Features of the Canon EOS M200
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye-detection AF
- High-image quality with 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie along with vertical video*.
- 3.0-Inch touch panel LCD screen with tilt Option for 180° for selfies.
- Built-in Bluetooth** and Wi-Fi technology*** with auto image transfer.
We always opt to buy additional insurance for our camera, which is offered when purchasing. It has saved me a few times when I dropped my camera when traveling to other incidents. If you have read my site for any time you will know that I didn’t always have photography skills it took years to hone the skills. I highly encourage you to pick a camera that suits and one that allows for some growth.
FREE Online Photography Courses
One of my favorite places to take photography classes online is CreativeLive. They have so many to pick from!
Cricut For Crafts
- I own a Cricut Explore Air 2 cutting machine to see projects I’ve used it for search paper crafts and Cricut crafts.
What I love about it is being able to use the online studio called Cricut Design Space. It’s free with email sign up.
- In the online studio, you can easily purchase your cutting designs.
- Or even design your own. Visit them to find out more, and to see their new Cricut Maker and the latest Cricut Joy cutting machine. The Cricut Maker can cut so many materials and even patterns for sewers. The Cricut Joy is good for banners, cards, decals, and smaller projects. SHOP Cricut Machines HERE to see which machine suits your crafting style the best! I am saving for new machines and will continue to share projects for Cricut Crafts.
Online Sewing Classes
With Craftsy and BluePrint closing the best places to get online tutorials for sewing
- Want to learn to sew? These classes are really good. Some are quick and easy sewing projects. Others are for more skilled sewers.
- There are online classes for every level of sewer.
- Sign up for any of the 250+ online sewing classes here.
What comes with the sign-up to CreativeBug?
- Sign up with a 7-day free trial and cancel if you don’t like it.
- New classes from top artists released every day
- Downloadable patterns, templates, and recipes
- Access to community galleries and forums
- Exclusive discounts to JOANN
- Choose 1 class each month to keep forever
- Besides sewing classes online they offer tons of online craft classes and creative online classes!
DIY/Craft Online Classes
- DIY Your own wedding bouquet! And many other classes.
- We have done 3 DIY weddings. Have any questions just ask!
- Also, be sure to see my Wedding Inspiration Boards on Pinterest.
- online craft classes and creative online classes!
Online Photo Editing
- The editing software I use the most is PicMonkey! It’s easy to use. Even with owning Lightroom and PhotoShop, I am still learning those programs and find it easy to take those photos from the programs and add them into PicMonkey for photo editing.
- There is an app for editing the photos on the cell phone. Perfect for anyone who loves to take photos!
- I upgraded for a small annual fee, (under $4 a month) This gives you even more access to other editing perks.
- PicMonkey has access to many of the best fonts, overlays, and other special features!
- I highly recommend PicMonkey for any blogger or if you are a hobby photographer.
Building Your Brand
Tips, tools and experiences from creative professionals on how to build and elevate your creative brand! I took this course and loved it. Not only was I inspired but, it gave me ideas perfect for growing my creative and crafting business.
We will be updating these suppliers, arts, and crafts resource pages soon. Be sure to subscribe to all our posts
Looking for more savings and discounts?