Today we are sharing a Strawberry Icebox Pie recipe. Have you ever tried making icebox cakes and icebox pies? No bake desserts? These are perfect when the weather heats up.
Strawberry Icebox Pie
This is a really easy no bake icebox pie recipe. I adapted it slightly from a recipe I found in a magazine that was for another icebox pie. This strawberry icebox pie with condensed milk is tasty.
Strawberry Icebox Pie
There are six easy steps to this strawberry icebox pie.
- Make a homemade graham cracker crust (or purchase one)
- Use a food processor to smash your strawberries (or mash them with a fork)
- Cook the strawberries on the stove for 5 minutes, with the gelatin, and lemon juice
- Mixing cream cheese, and other ingredients
- Pouring into baked graham cracker pie crust
- Refrigerating Overnight or put your no bake dessert into the icebox, and then refrigerator until ready to serve
You’ll really enjoy this strawberry icebox pie no bake dessert. If you are looking for a strawberry icebox pie with cool whip you like this recipe for Strawberry Icebox Cake.
If you like your icebox pies really firm you can remove saran, cover the pie with aluminum foil, and put it in the freezer after the 24 hours chill time before serving. It will make the texture like an ice cream cake.
Strawberry Icebox Pie Recipe
- Graham Crackers (16 boards equal to 1-2 packages depending on brand)
- Sugar (3 tablespoons)
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups strawberries (for pie)
- Half cup additional strawberries or more for top
- Half cup sugar
- 1 envelope powdered gelatin(1/4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (seedless)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese Softened! (use between 4-8 oz. see notes)
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled (half for pie and half for the topping)
- Make your graham cracker pie crust or purchase one.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine graham crackers and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a food processor or plastic bag. Blend or mash until they are small crumbs.
- Add them into a bowl.
- Next add melted butter. (if using a food processor this step can be done in the processor)
- Pulse or mix until combined.
- Pour into a 9 inch pie dish with hide sides.
- Use clean hands and press the crumbs across bottom and up the sides.
- Bake 15 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Mash berries by hand or in food processor. Next add in the sugar.
- Add them to a saucepan - pot with gelatin and lemon juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a big bowl add softened cream cheese (4 ounces) and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until smooth. Next add in the strawberry mixture.
- In a separate bowl whip up 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream.
- Fold it into the strawberry mixture until well blended.
- Pour and spread onto graham cracker crust.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- If mixture seems really runny with 4 ounces of cream cheese you can add the second 4 ounces. Note:The mixture is a little runny looking, don't worry the gelatin and fridge time firms the pie.
- If your pie doesn't firm up all the way to your liking you can pop it in the freezer for a bit to make slicing easier. Serve cold. Topped with whip cream and berries.
You can always use a quality canned whip cream to top the pie when done but, you still will need the heavy whipping cream for inside your pie.
The thing I love about these no bake desserts is if there is any baking to be done it’s for a very short time. You’ll love this pie with graham cracker crust but, if it gets to be over 100 degrees where I live I head to the store for a pre made graham cracker crust. No harm, just a shortcut anyone can take and I’m sure your pie eaters won’t mind.
Looking for more strawberry icebox pie recipes?
More icebox cake recipes and No bake desserts
- Lemon Icebox Pie recipe
- Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Banana Icebox Cake
- Step by Step How To Make Graham Cracker Crust (without food processor) * note the recipe is slightly different that the crust in this recipe. But, good reference for anyone who has never made a graham cracker pie crust.
New here? Don’t forget to subscribe, bonus you get a free printable recipe binder for all your recipes.