Hello, I am so glad you are here! I can’t wait to get to know you better here’s a little about me. I am Theresa, the voice and writer behind Dear Creatives. I am an artist/crafter and photographer who is a mom to 5 with one left in the nest. I love DIY, crafts and enjoy sharing what I make along with tutorials for my readers. We currently live on the Central Coast of CA.
Dear Creatives is a daily lifestyle site
- The best way to get to know me and what we are making is to follow along various social media channels (found in navbar header), and subscribe.
I started blogging after the loss of my mom. She always encouraged me to follow my passions, but it wasn’t until her loss, along with deciding to leave the corporate job I had, that I decided to take the leap of faith to take my own creative journey. You’ll find me nurturing my arts and crafts while trying to take my photography to the next level and sharing tips along the way.
- What I didn’t know is how much blogging would bring to me. Friendships, business relationships, and opportunities. Not to mention, the gratitude I feel when you stop by.
- We love sharing things to help bring more creativity and style to your life, along with sharing things we love.
- We hope you enjoy all we share, here and on our social media channels, follow us on Pinterest. Right now we get 3.3 million views a month, join us to follow our favorite pinned ideas, and shopping picks.
- Follow Dear Creatives Bloglovin if that’s where you read your blogs
- To connect with us, talk to us on social media, our Facebook fan page, Instagram and Twitter. It’s the best place to hold conversations, let me know how you liked a craft or recipe.
- I am in the process of updating old recipes but, on the newer ones, you can try cooking or baking with the recipe, or adapting it and rate them right on the recipe card.
- We have an Amazon Shop (AmazonShopDearCreatives) We share our favorite products, finds, and lists! We earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Inspiring you to get creative in, and out of the kitchen. Make every day a creative adventure.
Here’s our brand new DEAR CREATIVES YouTube Channel be sure to subscribe! Another way we share our tutorials, crafts, easy recipes, lifestyle, and reviews.
- Read below to get to know us better.
Dear Creatives Lifestyle
- I blog about creativity, crafting and daily inspired living, but here’s a little bit more about us.
- We’ve been on sites such as; BuzzFeed, Joann Fabric and Craft Stores, DecoArt, ModerMom, CraftGawker, Smart&Final, Walmart, SkinnyGirl, BrightTech, and more.
- We have been a brand ambassador for Starbucks Coffee Company, DecorArt, and other great companies!
- I’ve received various awards for art and crafts, plus media awards for Crafting and DIY projects.
- Our social media is always growing and we value every follower we have! It’s a great way to connect too.
- You might like our 2014 year in review at a throwback to how it all began. Our 2014 recap! (which includes favorite posts, bloopers and more) This was from way back. Wow! We have grown, and so have my photography skills. I promise a more recent recap this year! Plus, updating my photo. Until then, stay tuned!
- My passions are arts/crafts, DIY, photography, nature and supporting a good cause.
- We love nature.
- Things I enjoy besides my passions are reading, movies and travel.
- We are remodeling our home, it’s a slow process when you have a big fixer-upper, and a modest budget so we are doing all the work. (we hope to share more behind the scenes of our remodel, as we go room to room.)
- I enjoy baking over cooking but, love sharing my favorite recipes
- Once a sewing project is done you’ll find me starting another one.
- I love cameras, computers and all things techy.
- Yes, I do guest posting and love having guest bloggers here if you are interested just email me.
- I have worked with, many companies both large (corp.) and small (Etsy) to individual artists. I do promote products I believe in and use.
- I am professional, flexible and have good working relationships with a number of PR companies and companies. Want to work with me? Email me.
- To see my full disclosure, blogging with integrity, more site information… Here is my (disclosure)
- There are way too many spam comments. So your comments have to be approved. When you leave comments here I respond to comments right here on the post where you commented, along with a visit as soon as I can.
- Email me at DearCreatives @gmail dot com
Sammie is almost headed to college, this is her way back. Just see how far this teen of mine has come!
This was Sammie way back. She still feels you should always be yourself and be kind to others. She still loves to draw, plays the piano and enjoys drama. Can you imagine what her hat collection looks like now?
Here is Sammie in high school (I’ll have to update with more photos but, you can see how much she has grown by reading our posts. This is when we adopted our dog Luna. (Her dad says you guys need to stop adopting pets. lol) She enjoys helping behind the scenes, occasionally will write a post and is learning photography when she has time. You’ll see her helping with makeup and fashion posts. Occasionally with crafts, and DIY. She enjoys learning about photography and my backup camera person.
Sam put away the basketball in high school, picked up the camera and a tennis racket, then and got on the tennis team. By senior year she achieved the Eagle Award on her varsity team and even placed for Central Coast Tennis Regionals two years in a row. Here is Sammie in her prom dress. She does occasionally model for me when she has time and is still my backup camera person when I need a hand. We love sharing what she wears, makeup and is up to. We still don’t know if she will get to have a senior prom, regular high school graduation due to Covid-19. But, we will go with life’s ebb and flow. We hope you all are staying safe and healthy! She’s off to college in the fall but, we are sure she will still chime in here and there. Plus, help when she’s home from college.
Whenever I get a chance I love photographing nature. Helping keep earth green! Remember to recycle, do beach clean-ups, reduce waste, and use reusable containers! You can check out our favorites in our Amazon Shop.