Who is ready for a homemade “ORANGE JULIUS“? I remember when my older kids were small taking them to Orange Julius at the shopping mall. We always ended up to get a blended orange or strawberry smoothie drink. One of my favorite all time refreshing smoothie recipes. This ice blended drink is perfect to sip on in the summer, or anytime your craving one! You need to try this copy cat Orange Julius smoothie recipe.
You might remember when I shared my new blender, and this yummy strawberry smoothie recipe. My version of a Strawberry Julius.
Summer is in full swing in our house. Slow-motion sweetness + Smoothies galore. Sunshine, staying up way too late, binge watching shows, with the daily must do list getting checked off early in the morning when it’s cool.
PLUS, WHOLE LOT OF BLENDING! Breakfast time, snack time, lunch time, and even when it’s too hot to have a real dinner.
Kids and teens mean eating (or drinking) non stop. Inspired by the orange smoothies I had spotted I decided to try to make my own version of my all time favorite. I like using fresh ingredients, like juicy oranges. Don’t you?
Orange Julius Recipe
- 1 orange (grate a small part of the rind or if you have a Vitamix just toss a small piece with rind on it)
- 1 banana (half)
- vanilla soy milk or vanilla almond milk (1 cup)
- vanilla flavoring (1/2 tsp. or 1 tsp. if your milk has no vanilla)
- organic honey (1/2 tsp.)
- ice (1 cup)
This recipe makes 1 large serving, or two smaller servings. You can easily double recipe if your blender’s carafe is large enough.
How to make an Orange Julius at home?
- Grab the above listed ingredients
- Wash and peel your orange
- Peel your banana and split it in half
- Add your soy, almond or milk to blender
- Now add your cup of ice
- Next add your fruits
- Then add your vanilla flavoring, honey, and ice
- Blend together until frothy, and ice is fully blended.
No eggs, no dairy, or concentrate for mine. Just a healthy dose of yummy fresh ingredients. But, if you want you can use milk, instead of soy or almond milk, that’s totally up to you.
I like to blend mine all frothy.
Pour your Orange Julius recipe with fresh oranges into a glass. Want it thicker? Add the whole banana but, it might take that orange flavor away a bit.
I think you’ll flash back to the Orange Julius you had at the mall, and all will be right with the world. Summer, kids, orange smoothies, and smiles.
Garnish for the girls (or guys), cause we like our healthy drinks looking pretty!
Printable Orange Julius Recipe
- 1 orange washed
- 1 banana half
- 1 cup of vanilla soy milk or vanilla almond milk or milk
- vanilla flavoring 1/2 tsp. or 1 tsp. if your milk has no vanilla
- organic honey 1/2 tsp.
- ice 1 cup
Wash and peel your orange- (grate a small part of the rind or if you have a Vitamix just toss a small piece with rind on it)
Peel your banana and split it in half
Add your soy, almond or milk to blender
Now add your cup of ice
Next add your fruits
Then add your vanilla flavoring, honey, and ice
Blend together until frothy, and ice is fully blended.
This recipe makes 1 large serving, or two smaller servings. You can easily double recipe if your blender's carafe is large enough. You can use milk instead of soy or almond milk.
Adapted from Vegan Orange Julius Smoothie
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe (bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder, with meal planners, and more.)
- Pin it for Later
What’s your favorite Orange Julius drink?