Are you wondering where to get the latest facts about the coronavirus? How to stay healthy and safe during the outbreak of #Covid19? Like everyone else, I have been watching the news or going online to find out facts to stay healthy and safe during the Coronavirus outbreak. I grabbed the latest CDC information to help you make smart choices for yourself and your family! I made a list of things to do and not to do during this time!
California is now one of the states with the shelter in place orders. This is too close for comfort with family and friends spread all over the country. With Coronavirus breakouts everywhere, including where we live, places shutting down temporarily and travel suspended.
Stay Healthy During The Coronavirus
Where to find Coronavirus Updates
The United States government is now recommending over the next 15 days to avoid any social gatherings of more than 10 people. These facts are always being updated and announced to the public via their website, social media, and the news. Not everyone knows where to find the real facts. So I made a list of helpful sites, resources, and information to help you on this overwhelming journey to maintain healthy living. –
- White House Guidelines (CDC.Gov/Coronavirus)
- On Facebook – Coronavirus info
- Twitter @CDCGov and @WhiteHouse
How to Stay Healthy During The Coronavirus #Covid19
- Do Not Panic! First, and foremost. (Stress can break down your immune system) (Stress and How to manage it)
- Use common sense and the (recommended guidelines) and (White House.Gov/Cornavirus Guidance) to stay healthy and safe.
- Get what you need, go home and wash your hands well with soap and water. Do you have long fingernails? Even if you don’t be sure to wash under your fingernails. (#SAFEHANDS) You might think of getting a (fingernail scrub brush).
- Social distancing is key to helping stop the virus or getting infected. So only going out when you need to is imperative. And follow the instructions of your city, county, and state. And or country. Read, listen and follow the CDC.Gov/Coronavirus recommendations. DO YOUR PART TO STOP THIS (MESSAGE from Surgeon General Jerome Adams) (the latest information you need is on there!) @CDCGov @WhiteHouse
- Keep up to date on the newest coronavirus updates and developments in your area. Household members should educate themselves about COVID-19 symptoms and preventing the spread of COVID-19 in homes.*CDC.Gov
- If you feel sick or are sick stay at home isolated away from everyone!
- Prevention and Symptoms from simple washing of your hands…
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the home!
- Avoid eating out in restaurants and bars use carry-out and drive-thru and delivery options. via @CDCGov on twitter
- Go here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Clean surfaces first with soap and water, then use the CDC recommendations of diluted bleach solutions or alcohol solutions of at least 70% for disinfecting. cdc.gov/…ov/prepare/cleaning-disinfectionExample: 1/3 cup bleach per gallon of water.
- Have you been exposed? KEY FACTS For Symptoms and testing. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
- You can also find this information in Spanish – 15 Days to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) More at Whitehouse.gov. Spanish
What is social distancing?
- Keeping away from others.
- Staying away from anyone sick.
- Limit close contact with others as much as possible (about 6 feet)
- Coronavirus Social Distancing NYT
How to stay stress-free, reduce anxiety and in balance, during the coronavirus outbreak
Things to do-
Find activities you enjoy doing; reading, crafting, painting, watching movies…
Weather permitting take a walk or walk your dog, using social distancing or spend time in your backyard, patio or porch.
Enjoy time with your kids, teens, family and or pets.
Keep you, them and your family on a schedule. Keeping daily routines is important!
Limit screen time and watch the news less but, stay informed.
Use this time as an opportunity to learn something new! Take free classes online or grab one of these deals on online classes!
(Blueprint free 14-day access for new subscribers to check it out!) Or check out their free online classes.
March is National Craft Month! Get ANY class for just $10 with coupon code “CREATE10”! Hurry, offer lasts 3/1/20-3/31/20
One of our favorite places for online learning is CreativeLive they have free daily online classes for so many subjects! (creative, crafting, photography… online classes) Make your own bath and body products. Or buy an online class at 40% off during March.
- 5 Free DIY Facemasks (With Fabric) Note this is the last resort, and or to be used for making them for nurses in the states that need them. (Read their entire post.)
- Stay healthy make these 55 immune-boosting recipes.
Can you make your own hand sanitizer? What if I can’t wash my hands?
If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and wash with soap and water as soon as you can.*
- *Hand Washing Hand Sanitizer Fact Sheet
- If you can’t find hand sanitizer to purchase The Best DIY Hand Sanitizer Recipes
- DIY Hand Sanitizer (using high proof Vodka)
Topics we’ll be covering soon. Meal planning with low ingredients and helpful recipes. Until then see our recipe index for your meal planning.
How long does the coronavirus last on surfaces?
Read this article – (how long coronavirus lasts on surfaces) but, note that more is being learned about this virus and it’s constantly being updated.
Cleaning products are being depleted the recommendations from the fire department (resource) are not to mix these chemicals-
- Do not mix together bleach and vinegar.
- Do not mix bleach and ammonia.
- Do not mix bleach and rubbing alcohol.
- Do not mix hydrogen peroxide and vinegar.
Stay tuned for more healthy living posts and healthy lifestyle posts.
Healthy Lifestyle Tips
- 5 Easy Healthy Lifestyle Tips For Your Morning Routine
- Morning Routine Tips To Try Now
- Top 10 Ways To Stay Healthy During Flu Season
- 10 Easy Tips For Destressing
- Winning Lifestyle Combo – Healthy Living Tips
- CBD Broad Spectrum Drops What Are They?
- Fish Oil For Kids
- How To Get A Good Night’s Sleep
- 7 Tips For Improving Your Gut Health
- How To Help Allergies
- Life’s Not Always Milk and Cookies (A2Milk)
- Wake Up Energized Go Natural and Smile
- How To Donate Your Hair