Do you want to have a healthy school year? We are sharing tips for being on track and healthy for back to school season, and how to keep your family healthy all year long. Our Top 10 Tips for Staying Healthy All Year Long includes taking probiotics. Have you tried probiotic supplements?
“I received Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
The good news is that trying probiotics might be able to help you with your overall health, and gut health.
I tried probiotics for the first time last year. You might remember this post, Probiotics Gut Health where I shared all about Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics, trying probiotics, and how they worked for me over a short period of time. (be sure to read it if you missed it)
I noted in my last post that you can use Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics for health benefits such as increased regularity, less bloating, more energy. Two things I didn’t know is that you can give Probiotics to kids (with your pediatricians green light) and I didn’t realize some of the products also can be chewed for immediate relief for an upset stomach or indigestion, which is good to know.
Why did I stop taking probiotics? I have to admit I am not the best at taking daily vitamins or probiotic supplements daily. Call it pure laziness or epic fail because the more I continue to read about probiotics, the more I find how it’s good for you. With fall, and back to school here I decided to try again and stick to it. But, that’s not the only reason why. I haven’t been on the go as much this summer, and I had noticed some occasional bloating happening more often. Grr
I’m happy to say with getting back to a routine of taking supplements, walking, and overall being more active I’m starting to feel better. I have a lot of making up to do for all the indoors this summer with all the bad air quality due to the fires, and lack of outdoor activity. But, that’s a story for another day.
Do you want to be healthier?
Top 10 ways to stay healthy this flu season
- Exercise and get outdoors (Nothing beats fresh air and sun even for short periods of time! Top 5 Things To Do on the Central Coast This Fall)
- Take supplements and probiotics
- Wash Your Hands Frequently (with soap) and don’t Touch Your Face
- Get a flu shot by the end of October
- Wipe down kitchen, and other surfaces, and toys with disinfecting wipes
- Keep your main living spaces, bathrooms and dining spaces clean, and germ free, mop with a disinfectant
- Wash clothes in warm or hot water with a detergent, and bleach or bleach alternative, and dry on a high heat! (Don’t forget to clean your washer!)
- Wash bedding frequently
- Wash and disinfect your kids lunch bags!
- Ensure your kids have a hand sanitizer with their lunch bag
Don’t forget to remind your kids about the restaurant cough or arm sneeze. Other areas to wipe down; Germs at the gym, at the office, cell phones, tablets, game controllers, and close the toilet when you flush (it spreads germs). Gross. I could go on but, you get the picture. When traveling we always take our travel size hand sanitizer.
Are there foods with probiotic properties?
Yes, there are foods that have probiotic properties. But, do you eat or drink fermented foods them all the time? You won’t see me running to eat fermented cabbage or drinking kumbutcha daily. Honestly, I know it’s just not going to happen even though I like kumbutcha.
Why try probiotics?
Another reason I wanted to get back to taking probiotic supplements was with back to school, meetings, travel…. it all equals more germs. It’s something we all need to consider, especially during flu season.
The digestive tract is where over 70 percent of immune system cells reside. Probiotics, the beneficial bacteria that live in the gut, help support the production and function of these immune cells.
What are probiotics and how did this scientific research all start? (probiotic) history.
What does probiotics do for your body?
- Good for Digestion and treatment of diarrhea
- Oral Health
- Mental Health
- Boosts Immunity
- Relieves Allergies and Eczema
- Learn more, *source 13 Amazing Benefits of Probiotics
Things to consider before taking probiotics *source
- If you are in great health you may not need to consult a health care provider to take supplements. But, if you’re considering a probiotic dietary supplement, it is recommended to consult your health care provider first. This is especially important if you have health problems. Anyone with a serious underlying health condition should be monitored closely while taking probiotics.
- If you’re pregnant or nursing a child, or if you’re considering giving a child a dietary supplement, such as probiotics, it’s especially important to consult your (or your child’s) health care provider.
For me, being in overall good health I did not consult my doctor first before trying probiotics. But, it never hurts to give them a quick call to get the green light. Do use the above guidelines when it comes to health issues, pregnancy, nursing or giving a child supplements.
Probiotics for kids
- Probiotics for Infants, and Kids (fact sheet)
Dr. Ohhira’s is such a small capsule containing the naturally fermented paste a child can easily swallow it in a spoonful of applesauce or yogurt. Personally, I love adding them to our morning smoothies.
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics are a blend of
• Prebiotics Culture Medium: fermented vegetables and mushrooms that nourish the probiotics*
• PRObiotics: friendly bacteria that help you digest food and support immune response
• POSTbiotics: pH balancing organic acids along with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids to support digestive function and improve whole health.
Learn more online: drohhirasprobiotics.com
- Ready to give it a try? Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics is available to purchase on amazon.com/essentialformulas
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
Have you tried taking probiotic supplements? What benefits have you seen from taking probiotics?
Grab this FREE Printable Fall Cleaning Checklist E-BOOK
- Grab this 9 page E-book! Easy sign-up, and it’s yours for free.
- Confirm email, link to downloads, and zip files are sent to you in jpg. and PDF formats!
- With easy print options.