Do you want to wake up energized? Recently I was back east to help my daughter after she had her first baby. I felt energized and excited to wake up everyday. I felt good. Why wasn’t this the case at home? I thought I would give a little insight to a few things that made a huge difference and lifestyle some changes we have made at home to increase how we are (our family) waking up, feeling more energized, going natural and improving our health. These simple changes can help you smile big.
Wake Up Energized
Besides the changes we made to feel better (listed below) another change we made is helping us look good. We tried a new natural tooth paste. But, more about that in a minute. First we all need to start with a good nights rest and a few simple things to wake up more happy and refreshed.
How to Get Proper Rest
- Start by getting enough sleep and the right amount of sleep. Go to bed when your tired.
- Keep a sleep routine (even on the weekends)
- Have a plant in your bedroom (it creates oxygen and helps you sleep better)
5 Ways To Wake Up Energized
- Let natural light into the room (Your more apt to wake up naturally with light streaming through the window)
- Do Not hit the snooze button (At home I seem to wake up when the hubby gets ready for work, then fall back asleep making it harder to get up when the alarm goes off. So I set the alarm in the bathroom. Now I have to get up to shut it off and just get going.)
- Get right up, and while in the bathroom – wash your face (with cold or tepid water) and brush your teeth (If you are feeling tired this is refreshing and wakes up your senses.)
- A quick exercise routine or walk ( I was walking my grandson to school, not only did this jump start my day it had me feeling more refreshed than when I didn’t get out.)
- Don’t skip breakfast. (At home I have coffee and don’t have breakfast until later. I found having breakfast with my coffee gave me a better boost.)
I spent a lot of time with my little grandson Henry. The only way I could get him to smile for the camera was to take selfies with him. After a few photos he relaxed enough I could capture a few great photos. You can see more on Instagram. As a mom to a teen and grandma I am always looking for natural products to improve our life and healthy lifestyle.
“I received products for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) and from (desertessence.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.”
Did you know mouth health is a big part of your over all health? Have you ever wanted to try a different brand of tooth paste? How about a natural toothpaste? I know it may seem an odd question but, sometimes I think we grab name brands when shopping without even thinking of what is in the tooth paste, and if we even need fluoride or other ingredients.
When it comes to beauty a big smile is always an asset. (smiling and laughing is essential to our mental health too) Don’t you think?
Natural Tooth Paste
Recently we had the chance to try a new line of natural toothpaste and mouthwashes.
- It’s cruelty free
- Gluten free
- No sls
- Carrageenan free
- Made in the USA with globally sourced ingredients.
One of my favorites toothpastes from the brand was this activated charcoal toothpaste. Yes, it comes out dark charcoal in color but has a mint flavor! It makes your mouth feel minty fresh and brightens your teeth. Win/win. (The activated charcoal toothpaste is for adult use only.)
I am making sure my house guests are well cared for and well rested when visiting
One thing I have done to ensure my guests get are well rested and care for in my home is set up a guest basket filled with health necessities. This is so easy to do and guests appreciate the extra touch when they visit. Especially if they have forgotten their tooth brush or toothpaste. Need an extra blanket or light to get up in the dark.
Things to have in your guest basket
- An extra throw blanket
- Fresh towels
- A new tooth brush and natural toothpaste
- Room freshener
- A night light
Benefits of the Dessert Essence Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
- The antioxidant COQ10 combined with a botanical blend of oils and extracts provides complete care for your teeth and gums.
- Baking soda and sea salt effectively but gently clean teeth while zinc citrate helps reduce buildup.
- Pure Australian Tea Tree Oil helps defend against sugar acids.
- It’s smooth, cool gray-colored formula rinses easily and provides a burst of mint to keep your breath fresh and clean.
- A full size tube of Desert Essence Activated Charcoal Toothpaste typically retails for $6.99.
Tips for better mouth health – dental health
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush, which should be changed out about every 3-4 months.
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day
- Floss to break up plaque and keep gums healthy. (You can also use a Waterpik for flossing. Our favorite is a cordless Waterpik.)
- Visit a dentist 2 times a year (*reference and more dental health tips)
Is fluoride good or bad for you?
- That has always been a big debate but, this *article or this article may help you. Since fluoride is in our water, in certain foods, and in other consumer goods it’s not needed in our tooth paste. *fluoride appears to be safe and effective when used and consumed in appropriate amounts.
- *Excessive exposure to fluoride has been linked to a number of health issues. *medicalnewstoday
Where to purchase these natural toothpastes?
Sprouts Farmers Market, Raley’s Supermarkets, The Vitamin Shoppe, Pharmaca, Earth Fare, Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Dessert Essence and Amazon.
- See our natural DIY Beauty Recipes