Are you stuck indoors right now? Are you wondering what family activities to do? Plan a family game night. We are sharing games to keep kids, teens and families entertained, and break the boredom. Being at home for weeks at a time with kids and teens indoors is the new norm with the coronavirus lockdown and shelter in place orders. But, winter weather or hot summer weather can do the same; Keeping us indoors and looking for things to do indoors.
Right now, having kids and teens home from school means entertaining them and educating them. We must do our part as parents to balance fun and learning. We all need a little downtime and distraction from what’s happening right now. We are sharing our favorite games for kids to play, games for teens to play, family games, plus a few PS4 video games to help you plan a family game night.
Have a family game night. Games, food and fun! (Hand sanitizing first!) It’s a good way to spend quality time with kids or teens. Or let them play games together…
Family Game Night
Are you looking for other kids’ activities to do indoors or in the backyard? Be sure to see our crafts for kids.
Games To Keep Kids, Teens and Families Entertained
Games for Kids to Play
- Monopoly Deal A quick and easy card game version of the board game Monopoly Ages 8+
- Double Ditto Pick a card, read it out loud, and then quickly write down 2 answers you think other players will also write… Ages 10+
- Uno A classic family card game that’s easy to learn and so much fun to play! In a race to deplete your hand. Card game for Ages 7+ (We love this card game)
- Connect 4 Play this strategic two-player game it’s so easy and fun! (a family favorite) This game can even be played with the younger kids (4-5-year-olds with supervision) by making patterns with the red/yellow discs.
- Sneaky Snacky Squirrel This game requires no reading! Best-selling Preschool game 5 years in a row! Reinforce color learning, help develop matching skills, strategic thinking, turn-taking, hand-eye coordination, and fine motor skills with this board game for kids. It’s similar to Hi-Ho Cherry Oh (if you are older you may remember this game it was a family favorite for kids Ages 3+
- SlamwichCard Game is easy to play and so much fun. (a family favorite) No reading required. Quick moving, silly sandwich making. Watch out for the munchers (or leave them out). (Slamwich Collectors Edition)
- Jenga A stacking game that takes strategy. Recommended Age 12+ but, younger kids can play this too. For 1 or more players.
- Scrabble is our all-time family favorite board game! Scrabble Junior is another option.
- Exploding Kittens This card game is for kids, teens, and adults. (Sammie’s Favorite To Play) For 2-4 players. A highly strategic, kitty-powered version of Russian roulette.
- Zingo is an awesome learning game for preschoolers to 2nd graders. It’s a game that teaches words essential to reading. I’ve played it with the grandkids and it’s super fun. They love it!
- Catan Board Game is so much fun. This is a strategic board game for ages 10+ kids, teens, and adults. The incredibly popular, multi-award-winning civilization-building board game of harvesting and trading resources. We love this game! It’s a big hit for teen game nights too.
- Apples To Apples or Apples To Apples (junior) It’s as easy as comparing apples to apples; just open the box, deal the cards and you’re ready to play. Pick the closet comparison, watch what happens hilarious comparisons…
- Sorry This classic game of luck, strategy, and determination is easy to grasp for children as young as 6 years old, yet it’s fun for adults and older siblings too. By drawing cards, players move their game pieces around the board…
- Monopoly Board Game – A family classic board game.
- Harry Potter Board Game – Is the perfect family game for any family that loves Harry Potter.
- Clue Eliminate the suspects and discover whodunit, with what and where…
- The Game of Life This was my favorite game as a pre-teen. Great family game: Do you remember playing this classic Hasbro board game from your childhood? With instant setup and easy play, this exclusive edition is great fun to play when the family is together.
- Simon Repeat the patterns: It’s the exciting electronic game of lights and sounds! Suspense builds as it starts off slow but, the light sequences get more complicated as the game continues. A family favorite. You can play this solo or in a group.
- Trouble This is the perfect family game to play with kids 5+
- (Dungeons and Dragons Players Handbook)-The Player’s Handbook is an essential reference for every Dungeons & Dragons roleplayer. It contains rules for character creation and advancement, backgrounds and skills, exploration and combat, equipment, spells, and much more. (Dungeons Master Guide)
- Dungeons and Dragons (latest edition) and Just released (March 2020) for Dungeons and Dragons (Explorers Guide To Wildemount)
Family Games For PS4
- Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy America’s Favorite Games and our favorite games too.
- Sonic Forces Three types of gameplay: Fast-paced action as Modern Sonic, thrilling platforming as Classic Sonic, and utilize powerful gadgets as your own Custom Hero Character!
- Hasbro Family Fun Pack (includes these games for the PS4 Battleship, Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk)
- Jumanji The Video Game In online or split-screen modes, work together with up to three friends or AI teammates to defeat enemies, survive deadly traps, and save the world.
- Carnival Games Like a real-life country fair, carnival games bursts with exciting mini-games that you can play over and over…
- Lego Starwars for PS4 (The Force Awakens) (Jedi Fallen Order) PRE ORDER for 12-2020 (Lego Starwars Skywalker Saga)
- Rocket League -High powered Hybrid of arcade-style soccer and cars…
- Minecraft -Play and share with friends on console, mobile and Windows 10. This has been a favorite of Sammie’s for years!
- Lego Harry Potter Collection Full of spell casting, potion-making, puzzle-solving, lessons, dueling and much more for players of all ages to enjoy with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out cooperative play…
- Little Big Planet -Explore a world filled with creativity as you explore all corners of the Imagisphere, meet the inhabitants of the mysterious planet Bunkum and face the nefarious Newton
- Kingdom of Hearts -Embark on an adventure that spans the Disney universe: Travel across Disney and Pixar worlds to protect them from the Heartless invasion, and befriend and join heroes from Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Big Hero 6, Tangled, Hercules, and more!
I hope this helps you stay entertained! Of course, you can use this for a gift list too!
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Hey mamas! Did you see our must-read booklist for spring 2020? (Books To Read- Must-Read Booklist)
Are you looking for more kids’ activities? Or arts and crafts activities for kids?
- Fun Cooperative Games
- Harry Potter Games Perfect For Family Game Night!
- Fun Stuff For The Kids -Kids Activities DIY Summer Camp, Printables…
- Easter Maze – Free Printable and Kids Activity
- 15 Easy Ways To Spark Your Kids Love of Reading
- Crafts for Kids