Do you want a good night’s sleep? Today we are sharing the benefits of sleeping with buckwheat pillows. Plus, tips for improving your sleep. Have you heard of buckwheat pillows? If you are like me you may not have heard of this type of pillow but, after getting one I am enjoying this pillow. I am all about improving my health and lifestyle. I hope this post helps you if you are having trouble sleeping.
One thing I love is a good night’s sleep! It makes all the difference in the world for how the next day goes. Lack of sleep is the worst when it comes to healthy living. Nobody has time to take forever to wake up, feeling groggy in the morning, needing endless cups of coffee and no one likes being grumpy all day from lack of sleep (well except for the grumpy cat).
I have had many pillows over the years, feather, down feathers, poly-filled, shredded foam. (I seem to need a new pillow EVERY YEAR.) But, this is the first time trying a buckwheat pillow. We have a video at the end of the post to see how easily the zipper works, see inside the pillow, and the light sound the buckwheat hulls make when moving. (This is easy to get used to and only rustles when you are moving not when resting or sleeping in a position.)
Let me share my thought’s about this complientray ( PineTales buckwheat Pillow with bamboo cover ) with you that I received, along with tips for getting a good night’s rest.
What is a buckwheat pillow?
- A buckwheat pillow is a pillow that has been filled with organic buckwheat hulls vs. feathers such as down, or fiberfill.
- These pillows are completely chemical-free! Hello, organic, eco-friendly pillow.
- The buckwheat pillow is shapeable (you can take the buckwheat hulls out of the pillow to set your desired firmness or softness)
- The buckwheat pillow is known to be long-lasting. (goodbye tossing a pillow every year or so!)
- The PineTales buckwheat pillow comes in a nice carrying case with a high-quality zipper. Travelers, you will love that. When I travel by car I love having my own pillow to use. Do you take a pillow when you travel?
- This Organic Buckwheat Hulls Pillow is 14 x 20 inches and comes with a designer bamboo pillowcase.
How to get a good night’s sleep?
- Get a good sleep routine – go to sleep and wake up at the same time.
- Don’t take cat naps in the day (unless it’s for short 15-20 periods to catch up on sleep).
- Keep your room where you sleep dark.
- Keep your home a moderate temperature (I like to sleep on the cool side. Find, that moderate temperature that works for you.)
- Avoid coffee late in the day, and drinking water too close to bedtime (avoid having to get up).
- Don’t eat late.
- Exercise during the day.
- Relax your body and mind. (avoid devices at bedtime)
- Improve where you sleep. (comfort is key)
- Use an eye mask or eye pillow and buckwheat pillows.
These pillows are great for relaxing on. My teen loves using this pillow when she is relaxing in bed or on the couch.
How to Improve your sleep environment?
- Use blackout curtains, curtains, blinds to darken your bedroom.
- Get a bed that is comfortable and supportive.
- Use a good pillow for head, neck support, and body alignment (like the buckwheat pillow).
PineTales Buckwheat Pillow with Designer Bamboo Pillowcase, Traditional Japanese Size
Benefits of Buckwheat Pillows
- The buckwheat pillow supports a cool sleep! Ladies if you are of a certain age you know that you are going to love this! Or if you live in a climate where you get hot summers this is the pillow for you!
- The buckwheat pillow can be good for neck pain, migraines, and insomnia. This type of pillow (buckwheat pillow) is helpful due to the fact the buckwheat inside the pillow can align to the shape of your head and neck for support.
- Buckwheat pillows are great for relaxing with by molding to your needs; in bed, on the couch, in the car, or by taking with you when traveling.
- You can adjust the thickness of the pillow by removing some of the buckwheat hulls to suit your sleeping preference.
- Buckwheat hulls are durable and water-resistant.
- Buckwheat hulls are long-lasting the pillows should stand the test of time, up to 10 years (Pinetales offers buckwheat refills for the pillows).
Have you given buckwheat pillows a try? If you have migraines (like I do) or need a cool night’s rest, or just haven’t found the right pillow, a buckwheat pillow may be a good choice for you.
- The Pinetales buckwheat pillow has a bamboo cover with an adjustable zipper. The adjustable zippers are on the inner and outer pillowcase. Which means you don’t have to add a pillowcase unless you wanted to. (The Pinetales buckwheat inner pillowcase is made with 100% leak-proof cotton.)
- The outer bamboo cover is so pretty with its designer, astronomical design. Plus, it’s soft.
- Both pillowcases are machine washable!
Our thoughts on PineTales Pillows
I never thought a pillow would improve my sleep but, a good pillow makes all the difference in the world. I think Sammie and I are pillow fighting over this Pinetales buckwheat pillow! You know what that means? Off to get another pillow.
Find out more about these organic buckwheat pillows by visiting their website www.pinetales.com and see their other available pillows there such as; Latex Stix, Millet Hulls and Water Pillow.
- Are you new here? Be sure to Subscribe!