Are you looking for caramel treats? I’ve been thinking of all things fall. I like to make sweet treats for my family and for our fall get-togethers. We have this tradition of sharing our latest favorite treat recipes. Maybe you think fall is only about pumpkin this or that, pumpkins recipes… But, for us, it also means apple picking, outdoor hikes, apple ciders, apple desserts, and caramel desserts.
This season is going to be full of fun. I’ve decided to try a few new apple recipes to add to the ones I’ve previously shared. Sometimes I daydream of easy dessert recipes I can try. Do you love making sweet treats? What new ones will I make? Dessert treat recipes that come to mind are caramel apple muffins, apple crisps, apple fritters, caramel apples, apple pie. Just to name a few.
You can see more fall recipes to make at the bottom of the post.
Caramel flavors take center stage for fall recipes for me! What about you? Are you a caramel lover?
Caramel Cupcake Recipe
Today’s recipes are easy. We don’t always have time to do super complicated. Like when I have to have treats for the tennis team’s end of season party or a school event.
Vanilla Cupcakes filled with apples, pecans and covered in caramel. And Sliced Apples With Caramel and Pecans. If this doesn’t scream Halloween goodies and fall treats I don’t know what does!
Something that is easy to prepare and serve is always great in my book. Let me show you how easy this is!
How to make Carmel Apple Slices
We love Honey Crisp apples if making caramel apple slices and Washington for smaller whole caramel apples.
- Grab a bag of fresh apples.
- Wash and dry the apples.
- Slice the apples and add a bamboo skewer into the bottom of the apple.
- Spoon on your Dulce de Leche over the apples.
- Next, roll them on a plate of chopped pecans.
- You could also roll them in raisins or dried cranberries…
- Place them on a serving plate or a wax paper covered tray for serving.
- If storing (overnight) place them on food trays.
How do you stuff cupcakes?
First, make the filling and then follow the directions below.
- Open and add Dulce de Leche (caramel) into a bowl
- Next, add chopped pecans (start with 1/4 cup)
- Wash, peel and chop an (apple or more if needed)
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Now it’s ready to add to your cupcakes, cakes or other desserts.
You can use homemade caramel for this recipe. Just substitute the Dulce de Leche for homemade caramel.
Video Tutorial for How To Make Homemade Caramel
How To Make Cupcakes With Caramel Filling
Caramel Stuffed Cupcakes
Instructions for Caramel Stuffed Cupcakes
- Bake vanilla cupcakes, or make a box mix of golden vanilla cupcakes or purchase vanilla cupcakes
- Let the cupcakes cool all the way
- Use a cupcake corer to take out the center of the cupcake
- Set cupcake core to the side
- In a bowl mix chopped nuts, caramel and apples. (or just add caramel to the center of the cupcakes)
- Spoon caramel or caramel mixture into the center of the cupcakes
- Press removed center core back over the cupcake’s center (cut in half if needed)
- Frost your cupcakes with caramel or frosting
The great thing is you can make caramel recipes withDulce de Leche any time of year. It doesn’t have to be fall for a caramel lover. Wink, wink.
Dulce de Leche day
Dulce de Leche is also great drizzled on fruits, yogurts, ice cream, fruit salads, coffee drinks, ciders and anything else you can think of! Did you know there is even a #DulcedeLecheDay ?? Yep, it’s October 11th!
- Visit here to see more great ideas for using La Lechera Dulce de Leche and La Lechera’s other products.
What’s your favorite caramel treat? What will you make for Dulce de Leche day?
Looking for more fall recipes to make?
- Mini apple muffins
- Apple sheet cake with caramel frosting
- Apple brown sugar upside-down cake with caramel frosting
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Carrot Apple Muffins
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow all our Pinterest boards
- Related Ideas on Pinterest snack recipes, apple recipes, pumpkin recipes. All of them are packed with ideas for fall treat recipes
- Baking Recipes
- Quick Bread Recipes
- Cupcake Recipes
- Treat Recipes