Do you like vanilla cupcakes? They are one of our favorite cupcakes to make. We are always on the hunt for a good Vanilla Cupcakes recipe and we found this cupcakes recipe we adapted slightly. It’s become one of our favorite cupcake recipes.
This winter we have been baking up a storm. I love to bake. And Sammie has been giving me plenty of reasons to bake cupcakes or cookies. She’s been hosting parties, game nights and having friends over all the time. But, really I never need an excuse to get in the kitchen and bake I just enjoy it.
I decided to share this recipe with you because I have a few cupcake decorating posts coming up. You will need vanilla cupcakes or your favorite cupcakes for decorating them. This will be perfect cupcake recipe for adding frosting and decorations to to go with your themed parties, baby showers, birthday parties, spring celebrations or holidays.
Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on our latest Easter cupcakes! You might remember the bunny butt cupcakes we made, plus our favorite baking tools. If you are new to baking you will want to read this post when you are done. Tips for baking and frosting cupcakes.
If you aren’t looking for vanilla cupcakes see our other baking recipes. You are sure to find something sweet to bake.
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- sour cream (or Greek yogurt) *substitutions for baking
How to make homemade vanilla cupcakes
- Set out your eggs and butter (it’s better if they are not cold)
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Get out your ingredients
- First take 1-1/3 cups flour, 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt and add it into a bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Next in your mixing bowl or mixer add butter and sugar
- Cream half cup of butter (softened) and 1 cup of sugar together
- Add 2 eggs, half cup of sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and 2 teaspoons vanilla to the mixture and cream until blended
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet, creamed ingredients.
- Repeat until all the flour mixture is mixed in (don’t over mix)
- Take a scoop and add the batter to lined cupcake pans
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes (watch and use a toothpick to check) Pull them out when they come clean.) Time varies by oven and altitude. A good rule of thumb is check on them the last 10 minutes of the bake time, keep checking until done)
- Let cool before frosting.
Print the cupcakes recipe
- New here? Be sure to subscribe and add us to your inbox.
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Recipes for Cupcakes on Pinterest
- Have a recipe, craft, diy or other post to share with us? SUBMIT IT HERE
- We just used a pink frosting, and added sprinkles. The original recipe has a nice frosting recipe which you can use.
- This vanilla cupcake will be able to hold up to all your frosting and decorating needs.
- We double the recipe for larger groups but, to keep the integrity of the recipe make one batch at a time.
Looking for more cupcake recipes?
- Cherry Coke Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
- Carrot Pineapple Pecan Cupcakes
- Bunny Butt Cupcakes + Cupcake Baking Tips!
- Christmas Cupcakes With Wreath Icing
Looking for more dessert ideas?