Do you love pumpkin muffins? How about moist pumpkin muffins? This will be the only pumpkin muffins recipe you’ll need this fall, trust me. Especially if you are looking for easy muffin recipes to bake. Or a breakfast muffin. Heck, you can even use these for a dessert.
Be sure to subscribe because I have a recipe for pumpkin muffins with streusel topping coming soon! Even better baking recipes to enjoy. Not a pumpkin lover? No worries we got your back with this dessert and treat recipes.
- The Best Apple Dessert Recipes
- 20+Peach Recipes You’ll Love to Make!
- See the end of the post for more muffins recipes
Right now, we have been working on our pumpkin recipes. You might remember this baking recipe we just shared?
Are you ready to mix up a batch of muffins? Get started before you know it your muffins will be in the oven.
It’s not every day I get out the mixer to make a batch muffins. But, the day before we pulled out our fresh frozen pumpkin puree to make something pumpkin. When the puree was defrosted we measured it out and decided on pumpkin muffins.
- You can make this recipe with fresh pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree. No judgment from me, and probably not from those eating your muffins either.
I know not everyone will have fresh on hand. Making fresh pumpkin puree isn’t hard it’s just messy (when you seed the pumpkin) plus, a bit time-consuming.
How to make pumpkin puree for pumpkin muffins or pumpkin pies
- First, carefully cut the pumpkin
- Pull out all seeds, and strings in the pumpkin
- Then bake with the rind on, until the pulp is soft at 350 degrees (covered with foil) *make sure your baking sheet is protected with foil or siplat
- Let cool, Peel off the rind
- Mash cooked pumpkin to make the puree (using a food processor) or old fashioned potato masher if needed
- Let puree cool before using or add to freezer bags until your ready to use them
I like using these handy freezer bag holders when putting into freezer bags for freezing the puree. Note: Cook time for pumpkin puree may vary depending on cut size, shape. Roughly 45-60 min.
The results AMAZING! Moist Muffins!
Have you used fresh pumpkin puree in your pumpkin recipes?
- If not try it sometime or be sure to use a good pumpkin puree. My grandma used to use Libby’s Pumpkin Puree. Either will work great.
How to make pumpkin muffins
- Mix all wet ingredients (plus the sugar) together in your mixer or a large mixing bowl. (eggs, oil, pumpkin puree..plus the sugar)
- Mix flour and all dry ingredients in another bowl (stir together slowly with a fork or spoon)
- Slowly add all mixed dry ingredients into the wet ingredients (little by little, and not all at once while mixing in-between)
- Blend (on low) or hand mixer until just combined well (do not over mix)
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop up the pumpkin batter adding them into lined muffin tins
- Bake according to directions (printable recipe below)
- Let cool completely
These pumpkin muffins are my success story. Plain and simple.
I have tried quite a few recipes, adapted a few and this is hands down going to be my go-to recipe for pumpkin muffins!
These are the best pumpkin muffins! We could hardly contain ourselves when the aroma was coming from the oven.
Then waiting for the muffins to cool. We are like, “Hurry pumpkin muffins cool down.” Of course, they didn’t listen to our begging, like pumpkin season it comes just at the right time and there is no rushing it.
- When they are cooled they are ready to take a big bite or serve with coffee (insert and friends) to enjoy any time of day!
- They taste like the Starbucks Pumpkin Muffins but, without the cream cheese. Give me a woot, woot! Are you ready for pumpkin lattes?
I have to admit I like muffins for breakfast, muffins for snacks and muffins for dessert. These are my kind of pumpkin muffins! I’ll take a good muffin any time. Hmm, wonder if that’s why I have a muffin top? Nothing a good pair of jeans can’t fix. Or a good walk. lol
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
Looking for other muffin recipes?
- Apple Muffins
- Apple Cider Muffins
- Blackberry Peach Muffins
- Carrot Apple Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins With Cinnamon & Sugar Crumb Topping