Broccoli Beef– This recipe is easy to make and cook on the stove. Use steak or leftover steak to make it! Recommended beef cuts below. Bonus, it’s a low ingredient recipe that you can serve with rice. I love Asian inspired dinners. Do you? Looking for something else to make for dinner? 30-minute meals.
This dinner idea is perfect any night of the week and when you can’t eat at your favorite restaurants. Add Asian inspired dinners to your home cooking!
You don’t need a Wok to cook Asain inspired foods. But, if you like cooking stir fry a lot I highly recommend getting one. Since we moved and I misplaced mine and still haven’t replaced it. I’ve been using a large frying pan.
- Steak (boneless beef rib eye, sirloin or chuck steak or flank) or any leftover cooked steak
- Baby Carrots (Or Carrots)
- Sesame Seed Oil (or) Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Homemade Chili Sauce (or) Chili Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder or 2-3 garlic cloves
- Salt and Pepper
- Corn Starch (optional) for thickening up the sauce
- You can see how to cook the steak in this post for Beef Stir Fry. Or in the video included in the recipe card. It has the step by step instructions.
- You can either slice your steak in strips or alternatively, you can use beef cut up smaller in cubes (smaller than stew meat). You can find this in the meat section of your grocery store.
- Can’t find steak for this recipe right now and meal planning? Check out all our recipes. Or if you only have chicken, you might like to try making this One Pot Chicken Fried Rice.
How To Cook Broccoli With Beef
- If you are using leftover steak take it out of the fridge, slice thinly and set to the side until needed. If you are cooking your steak when making the stir fry dinner, prepare the meat by cutting thin slices. Set to the side until needed.
- Wash and cut up your broccoli.
- Steam the broccoli (or) cook it for a few minutes with water in a pan or pot – just to parboil the broccoli, do not cook it all the way through or your broccoli will fall apart and be soggy when stir-frying. Drain it right away, after 3 minutes.
- Place your broccoli in a bowl until needed.
- Slice baby carrots in half, or large carrots thinly. Then set aside until needed.
- Add and mix the chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. (And optional corn starch with a little water.)
- Cook your beef (steak) if it isn’t cooked by following the directions linked or shown in the video. Then follow the next steps.
- If you are using pre-cooked steak, steak leftovers you will add the steak to the skillet that has already been heated with a little sesame seed oil or other vegetable oil.
- Add your carrots, soy sauce, chili sauce mixture. Stir fry only a minute or two at most to heat up steak and soften the carrots slightly.
- Next, add your broccoli, stir and heat it a minute or two.
- If you want to thicken your sauce you can add a little corn starch mixed with water with step 6. But, if you don’t have any corn starch, cooking on a high heat will reduce liquids.
- If you are serving broccoli and beef stir fry with rice. Be sure to pre-cook the rice prior to starting the beef with broccoli as it cooks quickly! OR start the rice right before you start cooking your dinner.
- We make this all the time with fresh-cut steak or leftover steak. Be sure not to overcook the meat as it can get tough.
- What I love about adding this homemade chili sauce is it gives it that sweet, spicy flavor without adding brown sugar.
Helpful Cooking Tools For Recipes
- Chef Knife
- Cutting Boards
- Large Skillet or Wok
- Wood Spoon or Spatula
- Small Bowls for prepping sauces…
Beef Broccoli Recipe
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe (bonus you get free printable recipe binder, meal planners cooking resources and more!)
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Easy Dinners Pinterest
- 30-Minute Meals
Looking for more quick, and easy recipes?
Try these 30-minute meals
- Beef Stir Fry
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Chicken Fajitas
- Turkey Hamburgers With Green Salsa and Avocado Spread
- Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Chili Mac Recipe
- Ground Beef Tacos
More recipes with Steak you might enjoy