Are you looking for a quick, and easy recipe? This beef stir fry is a 30 minute (or less) recipe. It’s perfect for when your super busy, just home from work, and need a quick meal.
What I love about this recipe is it tastes just like take-out, it’s a healthy dinner idea, and Paleo.
Beef Stir Fry
We served this stir fry beef with rice. If you serve rice use jasmine, white rice, or your favorite rice for the recipe.
Beef stir fry recipe alternatives
- Omit red bell peppers, jalapeños substitute with broccoli heads *which will make this a beef and broccoli stir fry
Groceries you’ll need for the stir fry
- Steak (we used boneless rib-eye steak)
- Red bell pepper
- Green onion
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Broccoli (optional)
- Stir Fry Soy Sauce or Soy Sauce
- Palm oil, sesame seed oil or your favorite cooking oil. (I used palm oil it’s great for high-temperature cooking)
- Rice (Jasmine, white or other)
Spices for the recipe
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Black Pepper
- Salt (just a pinch)
Directions and Tips for Beef Stir Fry
Follow directions on your rice package if you are making beef stir fry with rice. Start cooking rice prior to starting the stir fry recipe. If the rice gets done first, just keep it covered with stove off when done.
If steaming the broccoli, start it just as you are starting to cook the beef for the stir fry. Do not overcook it. Only cook it a few minutes to take the crispness out of it. Optionally if you can cook it with the beef but, I prefer adding it only at the last minute so the beef doesn’t get over-cooked. And broccoli doesn’t get overcooked.
Can you cook the broccoli in the stir fry?
Yes! If you like your broccoli a bit crunchy or barely cooked you can.
Healthy Beef Stir Fry
Prepare your vegetables
- First, wash, and cut up your veggies.
- Cut bell peppers into strips.
- Then peel and cut up onions.
- Chop green onions.
- Seed the jalapeno, and mince into tiny pieces if you are using one.
Prepare your beef by cutting it into strips
Take the steak out of the package, and cut it into strips for cooking.
- Add your oil about 2-3 tsp. to your non-stick skillet or wok.
- Add cut up beef strips, to skillet.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, ground black pepper, and a dash of salt.
- Cook on a medium-high temperature, stirring frequently.
Cook until brown on each side, 2-3 minutes. This goes by quickly, and the beef for the beef stir fry will finish it’s cook time when you cook the veggies.
- Next, add 1/4 cup soy sauce for the beef stir fry sauce
Some people add other ingredients to thicken up the sauce such as corn starch. But, if you don’t have it or want to add corn starch you don’t have to. Cooking at a high heat you get all the flavors without adding unneeded ingredients. For this recipe, I don’t use corn starch but, you can if you want to. Just follow the directions on the package.
Add vegetables on top of the beef, and stir together.
Cook until veggies are just tender. When your stir fry and rice are ready, serve dinner and enjoy! You can also have the soy sauce on the table if you wish. For this dinner we served our broccoli on the side. Stay tuned for a broccoli beef recipe another Asian inspired dinner we love cooking with steak.
This beef stir fry recipe will easily serve 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 kids. Adjust the steak and vegetable amounts to suit your family.
You can easily double the recipe but, you will need a wok or very large skillet, or cook in two batches for making your stir fry.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe! Bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder and meal planners…
- Pin it for Later
Looking for more quick, and easy recipes?
Try these 30-minute meals
Another easy stir fry recipe we love making and enjoy eating is this recipe for Broccoli Beef
Looking for more dinner ideas?
- Chicken Fajitas
- Turkey Hamburgers With Green Salsa and Avocado Spread
- Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Chili Mac Recipe
- Ground Beef Tacos