This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LegendaryTailgate #CollectiveBias
Hey, grillers just because summer is over doesn’t mean grilling season is over. It’s not time to tuck those grills away yet. Especially if you live on the west coast. We really are just about to get grilling outdoors more. With the temperatures cooling down and football season heating up it’s the perfect time to make grilled chicken.
We love to grill all year long. What about you? Plus, what’s not to love about cooking outdoors in the fall, tailgating…
Today I’m sharing my grilled recipes that are easy to make, plate, and eat. Which is a touch down for you! Whether you are grilling or tailgating this will be one winning meal! Which will leave you with one #LegendaryTailgate
We are grilling chicken thighs, legs, skewers, and a chicken slider recipe! Not to mention a yummy Sweet Potato Pineapple Salad recipe is coming down the home stretch. Hike, Hike…
Let me take you all the way to the goal line with this football fantasy meal! But, hey you can make this anytime you want chicken cooked on the grill!
Sometimes all you need to start with is a simple idea, a grill, chicken, and an easy side dish. Why wear yourself out or over complicate things? You want to be able to enjoy all the football fun too!
Start by prepping your chicken and marinating it with Stubb’s BBQ Sauces and Marinades.
I’m at the fifty-yard line and we have a ways to go. I head down to my local store, Albertson’s. Where I picked up packages of Foster Farms Chicken and Stubb’s BBQ Sauce.
I grabbed the Foster Farms chicken, Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce, to start prepping my meal.
Have you tried Stubb’s? Oh, ya this will take you to the 10-yard line quickly. Next, your wide receiver is about to catch that ball. Let’s take this meal all the way to the touchdown line! Let’s get this chicken ready to grill! This barbecue sauce is so good!
- I added my chicken thighs and legs into plastic bags. Then I added the Stubb’s Citrus & Onion marinade to my chicken.
- Then I cut up thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts, added them to skewers, and coated them with Stubb’s BBQ sauce.
- After I Covered and sealed in plastic bags, I put the chicken in the fridge for several hours. When we were ready to grill, we pulled the chicken out and discard excess marinade.
How to grill chicken
- First, put on your bigger cuts of chicken onto a grill that has had the grates brushed with oil prior to starting the grill.
- Next, I barbecued the slider’s chicken meat on skewers after grilling the chicken thighs and legs halfway first.
- Close the lid after putting chicken on the grill. This will help prevent flare-ups.
- But, stay close to monitor your chicken while it’s grilling.
Grill the chicken about 10-15 minutes depending on how hot your grill is and the thickness of the chicken meat. Mine was on medium heat to start, then lowered slightly. If using coals for grilling I like to mound the coals in the center and leave the outer edges with fewer coals to move them meat over if needed.
You want to use a meat thermometer to make sure you just hit the proper grilling temperature for chicken *165 degrees F. internal temp. When that temperature is reached take the chicken meat off the grill.
This ensures your meat is fully cooked but, not overcooked. The thighs were so juicy good! Drumsticks 8-12 min. each side, thighs 10-15 minutes each side. (cooking guidelines grilling USDA Food Safety)
We made sauteed onions, glazed with honey and Dijon mustard for the sliders.
The sliders are so easy to make and tasty! Take my play by play, how to image for sautéed honey mustard it will take you to the goal line! Topped with a delicious gorgonzola crumbled cheese. See the recipe below. Football flavor for days or should I say you’ll have the opposing team in a daze?!
Recipe for chicken sliders
There is nothing like good BBQ chicken! Drumsticks, thighs, sliders, or skewers!
Football lover and tailgating lovers you’ll be hitting the goal line before you know it! How? With these hero’s Foster Farms drumsticks and thighs, along with Stubb’s grilling marinades and BBQ sauces.
Grab the side dish for grilled chicken
Be sure to subscribe to our RSS Dear Creatives and when you are done with this post grab the Sweet Potato Pineapple Salad Recipe! It’s super yummy! You can make this sweet potato salad a day ahead of time or on the same day. It has a sweet-spicy flavor that says fall football party! I served it in little clear cups wrapped up for easy prep and serving. But you can make it and serve it from one bowl.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe to our newsletter. The bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder and cooking resources…
- Pin it for Later
- Follow Us on Pinterest
Where to find the products we used
You’ll find your Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken and Stubb’s BBQ Sauces, marinades, and rubs at your local stores. I found mine at Albertsons. The Foster Farm Chicken in the meat section and you’ll find all Stubb’s products in the BBQ sauce aisle.
And you can shop for Stubb’s Sauces on Amazon.
- Be sure to visit here for more recipes and information.
Here’s the product information to why I love cooking and grilling with these products
Foster Farm’s Chicken *Fresh & Natural
- 100% Natural
- No added hormones or steroids
- American Humane Certified
- Stubb’s Sauces are high quality, Certified Gluten-Free, and verified Non-GMO
- Free of high-fructose corn syrup
- No artificial preservatives
Connect with these brands on Social Media here:
What types of foods do you like to make and serve for game days?