Do you enjoy making your own desserts? If you are just learning to tackle a pie crusts this recipe is easier than you think! Today I’m sharing how to make a graham cracker pie crust. But, at the end of the post I also share where to master the traditional pastry pie crust.
Have you ever made your own homemade graham cracker pie crust? Homemade graham cracker crusts are great for no bake desserts and pies. Yes, you can purchase them premade but, then they aren’t served up in a pretty pie dish. Or taste quite as good as a homemade pie curst.
If you’d like to make show stopper crusts that taste yummy, I highly recommend learning how to make your own pie crusts. There are several ways to make today’s homemade graham cracker pie crusts.
Some of the recipes don’t call for sugar. Some do brown or granulated. Most all call for butter. I made this pie crust for yesterday’s no bake lemon ice box pie.
Graham Cracker Pie Crust Recipe
How To Make A Graham Cracker Crust:
You will need 1 cube = 6 tablespoons to 1/2 cup softened /melted butter. 1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers. *I use Honey Maid Grahams. 3 tablespoons to 1/3 cup of granulated sugar. Adapted from Carol’s recipe All Recipes
Here’s a few tips for making graham cracker crusts.
- Using only butter softened will make it easier to blend vs fully melted
- Using granulated sugar will make the graham cracker pie crust a bit crunchier when baked
- For softer crusts textures omit the sugar or use the lesser amount!
- Bake graham cracker pie crust in oven preheated at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes
- If recipe calls for No bake graham crust set it in the fridge for about one hour / or use per your recipe’s directions
- Depending on the brand of graham crackers you use, size of crushed crackers the butter you will use will be between 6-8 tablespoons.
- Start with less butter and add more as needed
- Crush your graham crackers in a plastic bag by using a rolling pin
By starting with less butter and adding as needed, you’ll get the proper consistency for your graham cracker pie crust. See image after butter in photo collage. You want it crumbly, saturated but, not dry or overly saturated.
When you pour the graham cracker crust into your pie dish press the crumbs with your hands. First pressing the bottom and then pushing and pressing up the sides.
That’s it. It’s way easier than you thought. Have a tip to add feel free to leave it in the comments!
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- You will need 1 cube = 6 tablespoons to 1/2 cup softened /melted butter. 1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers. *I use Honey Maid Grahams. 3 tablespoons to 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
Start with 6 tablespoons softened butter.
Crush 1 Sleeve Graham Crackers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or wooden spoon.
Add sugar depending if wanted.
Pour into pie dish.
Form with hands by pressing bottom and then working way up the sides.
Bake if called for in recipe for 7-10 minutes on 375 degrees or chill for 1 hour. Follow your recipe directions if they called for baked or not baked.
See notes on post for tips!
Adapted from Adapted from Carol's recipe All Recipes