Are you making Easter cupcakes? We are sharing how to make bunny cupcakes. They are perfect for any spring celebrations, a baby shower or even a bunny themed party. We love cupcakes for our celebrations and parties. Don’t you? They are easy to make, decorate, serve and most everyone loves a good cupcake.
Not looking for bunny cupcakes? You might like our other treat recipes, such as our easy robin’s nest cookies, chocolate dipped cookies, birds nest krispie treats. Which all make great Easter treats to make too.
You might remember when I shared how to make these bunny butt cupcakes, plus I shared how to bake the perfect cupcake. Making cupcakes can be so fun. And a fun activity to do with the kids. My grand daughter loves to bake but, even if your kids (or grand kids) don’t bake they can help you decorate these bunny cupcakes.
- See this post if you need tips for decorating cupcakes with frosting. You can see how I added peeps to the top of some of them, another easy Easter cupcakes idea.
How to decorate cupcakes to look like a bunny
- Set aside 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes to make the Easter bunny cupcakes.
Baking Supplies you will need
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 8-9 oz. white fondant
- 12 candy googly eyes
- 4-6 oz. pink fondant
- 1-2 oz. black fondant
Yields: One dozen cupcakes
How to make bunny cupcakes
- Begin by checking on your cupcakes: they have to be completely cool before you begin the decorating process.
- Using an electric mixer, make your butter cream by beating together butter, sugar and milk on medium speed.
- Gradually increase speed to high.
- Once the buttercream is formed, scoop it into a piping bag and frost the center of each cupcake (use a round icing tip).
- Separate your white fondant into 24 spheres, about one inch in size each.
- Flatten out the white fondant spheres and then point one end. They will act as your bunnies’ ears.
- Roll out a portion of your pink fondant into 24 small spheres, about 1/3 of an inch in size.
- Flatten the pink spheres, slightly smaller than your white fondant pieces. Point one end and press one onto each white fondant piece.
- Insert a toothpick into each fondant bunny ear.
- With the remainder of your pink fondant, roll out 12 small spheres, about ¼ of an inch thick. Place one on the middle of the frosting of each cupcake to make the nose. Above it, place 2 of your googly candy eyes to each side of the nose.
- Roll out small, thin strips of your black fondant – you’ll need 48 of them.
- Place the black strips on your bunnies’ faces – 2 on either side of its nose.
- Gently insert 2 fondant bunny ears on the top of each cupcake.
Now your bunny face is done!
Store your bunny cupcakes in a cool place until you are ready to serve them. Serve, enjoy and Happy Easter!
Looking for more ideas for your spring celebrations?
- New here? Subscribe and add us to your inbox. You also get a freebie
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest and find out what we are pinning for Easter dessert ideas.
- Strawberry Fudge
- Lemon Truffles
- Jelly bean cake (This is a super old post I hope to update soon! But, it will show you how to)
- Baking recipes
- Treat recipes