Are you making Easter cupcakes? We are sharing how to make bunny cupcakes. They are perfect for any spring celebrations, a baby shower or even a bunny-themed party. We love cupcakes for our celebrations and parties. Don’t you? They are easy to make, decorate, serve and most everyone loves a good cupcake.
If this isn’t what you are looking for try our other cupcake recipes.
You might remember when I shared how to make these bunny butt cupcakes, plus I shared how to bake the perfect cupcake. Making cupcakes can be so fun. And a fun activity to do with the kids. My granddaughter loves to bake but, even if your kids (or grandkids) don’t bake they can help you decorate these bunny cupcakes.
- See this post if you need tips for decorating cupcakes with frosting. You can see how I added peeps to the top of some of them, another easy Easter cupcakes idea.
How to decorate cupcakes to look like a bunny
- Set aside 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes to make the Easter bunny cupcakes.
Baking Supplies you will need
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 8-9 oz. white fondant
- 12 candy googly eyes
- 4-6 oz. pink fondant
- 1-2 oz. black fondant
Yields: One dozen cupcakes
How to make bunny cupcakes
- Begin by checking on your cupcakes: they have to be completely cool before you begin the decorating process.
- Using an electric mixer, make your buttercream by beating together butter, sugar, and milk on medium speed.
- Gradually increase speed to high.
- Once the buttercream is formed, scoop it into a piping bag and frost the center of each cupcake (use a round icing tip).
- Separate your white fondant into 24 spheres, about one inch in size each.
- Flatten out the white fondant spheres and then point one end. They will act as your bunnies’ ears.
- Roll out a portion of your pink fondant into 24 small spheres, about 1/3 of an inch in size.
- Flatten the pink spheres, slightly smaller than your white fondant pieces. Point one end and press one onto each white fondant piece.
- Insert a toothpick into each fondant bunny ear.
- With the remainder of your pink fondant, roll out 12 small spheres, about ¼ of an inch thick. Place one on the middle of the frosting of each cupcake to make the nose. Above it, place 2 of your googly candy eyes to each side of the nose.
- Roll out small, thin strips of your black fondant – you’ll need 48 of them.
- Place the black strips on your bunnies’ faces – 2 on either side of its nose.
- Gently insert 2 fondant bunny ears on the top of each cupcake.
Now your bunny face is done!
Store your bunny cupcakes in a cool place until you are ready to serve them. Serve, enjoy and Happy Easter!
Looking for more ideas for your spring celebrations?
- New here? Subscribe and add us to your inbox. You also get a freebie
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest and find out what we are pinning for Easter dessert ideas.
- And if you are looking for bunny crafts and Easter crafts you might like to see all our Easter Crafts.
- Strawberry Fudge
- Lemon Truffles
- Jelly bean cake (This is a super old post I hope to update soon! But, it will show you how to)
- Baking recipes
- Treat recipes
- Cupcake Recipes (which includes bunny bottom cupcakes and jelly bean cupcakes!)