Today I’m sharing another one of our treat recipes. We made Birds Nest Krispie Treats. These treats are super easy to make for spring, Easter, a party treat or any other celebrations. I think they’d be a cute baby shower treat too. Honestly these are the easiest sweet treats to make.
Birds Nest Krispie Treats
We created the birds nests out of krispie rice cereal, and added Mike and Ike jelly beans, and Peeps to them. Plus added sprinkles to make them festive.
- We also have a PEEPS® discount for you at the end of the post for your candy/Easter basket stuffer merchandise needs. Sweet, right?
How to make Birds Nest Krispie Treats
This is an easy no bake treat. You’ll love how fun, and easy these krispie birds nests are to make. What’s not to love about adding all the colorful candies to the birds nests, and into your mouth?
- Pre-spray your cupcake tin, and set to side
- Melt your marshmallows and butter.
- (Melt marshmallows in a microwave measuring cup or bowl for 1 min, stir, heat 1 more min. if needed)
- (In a separate bowl melt butter the same way only 35 sec. at a time, until melted.)
- Add them to your bowl of krispie cereal.
- Mix the 3 ingredients together.
- Scoop into cupcake tin.
- Use the back of the scoop handle to indent, and shape your birds nest.
- Sprinkle a little edible grass onto your nest. Let the nests set up, and marshmallow harden.
- Remove from cupcake tin, add to your serving plate.
- Add in your jelly beans.
- Top with peeps for the kids.
NOTE: All the amounts you need are in the printable treat recipe at the end of the post. To get your peeps to fit into your birds nest, use clean kitchen scissors to cut the outside ring off the peep. Add a little of the edible grass to that area, it will minimize the white.
We really enjoy making treats for seasonal holidays, birthdays, and other celebrations. Grab the printable recipe below!
- We did receive free products in exchange for sharing the following discount code for you to use while shopping for your Easter treat supplies.
Looking for more treat ideas? Or PEEP® candy ideas?
With Easter around the corner, you might like to try other PEEPS® recipes, and crafts. You can make my Krispies Birds Nest Treats Or make these Peeps Brownie Nests Treat. It might be one I try next. Another place to find fun crafts, and tasty recipe is marshmallowpeeps.com
PEEPS® Discount Code
- You’ll find a variety of candies to pick from from the Peepsandcompany.com Grab the 20% PEEPS® discount on merchandise for use on their site. Use code: EASTER18
Ideas for Easter
Looking for more ideas to make PEEPS treats? Last year when we shared our PEEPS idea for Easter basket stuffers, it’s a fun, and easy DIY for Easter We also made birds nest cookies, and chocolate dipped cookies recently, and you can see how we added PEEPS to the top of our cupcakes. Plus tips for baking cupcakes, and how to get the perfect cupcake every time. You can also find more ideas by searching the hash tag #PEEPSONALITY on social media.
What flavor Peeps are there?
A few of our favorite PEEPS® flavors are Party Cake PEEPS®, and chocolate dipped PEEPS® There are always so many new flavors of PEEPS® coming out all the time such as Pancakes & Syrup, and Sour Cherry.
Do you love adding sweet treats, and PEEPS® to your Spring Easter festivities? Have you ever made birds nest krispie treats or birds nest cookies before?
- New here? Be sure to subscribe
- Pin it for later
Theresa Huse DearCreatives.com
- 4 cups krispie cereal
- 1/2 package mini marshmallows = 3 cups marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- edible grass
- Mike & Ike Jelly beans
- Candy Sprinkles
.Pre-spray your cupcake tin, and set to side
Melt your marshmallows and butter.
(Melt marshmallows in a microwave measuring cup or bowl for 1 min, stir, heat 1 more min. if needed)
(In a separate bowl melt butter the same way only 35 sec. at a time, until melted.)
Add them to your bowl of krispie cereal.
Mix the 3 ingredients together.
Scoop into cupcake tin.
Use the back of the scoop handle to indent, and shape your birds nest.
Sprinkle a little edible grass onto your nest. Let the nests set up, and marshmallow harden.
Remove from cupcake tin, add to your serving plate.
Add in your jelly beans to the hollowed out nests.
Top with PEEPS® for the kids.
We made a second tray for the kids with PEEPS®. These are such an easy, and fun Easter Treat to make. Prep time is quick. Then wait for the treats to set up prior to adding jelly beans. Then they are ready to serve, or cover and serve next day.
Will you try making Birds Nest Krispie Treats? Would you top them with Peeps or jelly beans? Or both?
Easter Cookies and Treat Ideas
- Treat recipes
- Baking recipes
- No bake cakes, and pies
- Olive Oil Sugar Cookies (with lemon zest)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
New here? Be sure to subscribe. Bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder.