Today I have a quick, and easy tutorial for topping your Easter cupcakes. How to decorate Bunny Bottom Cupcakes. Use this for a party, baby shower or any time it suits your needs. Bunny bottom cupcakes are super easy, and fun to make.
You can either one of our cupcake recipes such as chocolate, vanilla or cherry coke or use store-bought cupcake mix. By just adding a cute cupcake topping decorations you end up with Easter bunny cupcakes.
If you like these cupcakes then you will enjoy making our other Easter bunny cupcakes. They aren’t difficult to make either. But, the bunny butt cupcakes are really easy!
You don’t have to be a pro to make cute cupcakes! If your new to baking I’m sharing how to make cupcake basics, and our favorite baking tools for cupcakes and how to store and transport your delicious cupcakes.
In our house for the Easter holidays, there are times when we just have the three of us at home. Most of our family doesn’t live nearby. It’s times like this we still want the fun in the celebration. I bake up bunny cupcakes for the family ahead of time and freeze them for sharing when we visit. Reserving a few for us to eat. Other times I love experimenting with recipes to come up with easy baked goods like these carrot cake muffins.
Bunny Butt Cupcakes
How to make Bunny Butt Cupcakes
The best cupcake pans are non stick cupcake pans as they are versatile for other baking needs too. Grab the vanilla cupcake recipe to make bunny cupcakes with. Or make your favorite flavor cupcake batter.
My must-haves for baking my stainless steel mixing bowls (with non-skid bottoms), a spatula and an ice cream scoop for putting the batter in the cupcake liners. ( I use my spatula to swipe the bottom so it’s not drippy before taking over to the nearby cupcake liners) It helps keep things neater and the portions correct. Which means the cupcakes will all be the same size.
- Bake your cupcakes according to your recipes directions
- Let them cool completely
- Ice them with your favorite frosting
- Add coconut or white sprinkles (optional)
- Add your pretty bunny tails and feet or other Easter cupcake decorations
Optionally you can use these candied decorations if you are making cupcakes for a party.
How to store and carry your cupcakes to a party
- Last year I got my cupcake/cake storage carrier. I love it! See why I love this tool at the end of the post.
I do have a piping bag but, honestly, it’s not a great one. I often find myself zipping off a tiny corner of a Ziploc bag and piping using it. Instead of a new piping bag, I purchased this frosting decorating tool.
- I purchased the dessert decorator plus, and love it for topping cupcakes. It’s my game changer. It works so much better than what I had for this post.
Serve your festive bunny cupcakes on pretty plates
Baking tools for making cupcakes
To help you I’ve listed my favorite baking tools below for making cupcakes, treats, and other baked recipes.
My favorite tools for making cupcakes
- Wilton Non-Stick Cupcake Pans
- Hot Pads
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (with non-skid bottoms)
- Pyrex Measuring Cup (2 cups)
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer (with attachments)
- Stainless Steel US/Metric Measuring Spoons
- Wilton Silicone Spatula (comes in a 3 piece set)
- Medium Sized Ice Cream Scoop
- Snap & Stack Cupcake/Cake Storage Carrier
What I love about this cupcake/cake carrier is that has another stacking level that attaches with the clips that fold up as seen in the image above. Use one or both depending on the number of cupcakes you bake.
- If you are using a cake you flip the inside tray over and there are no cupcake inserts.
- The tray comes out easily for cleaning.
- Stores perfectly in the fridge!
- It’s super affordable and if your taking things to school functions, parties picnics, and gatherings.
If you are getting ready for Easter you might enjoy seeing our Easter Crafts too.
- To find all our favorite cupcake recipes follow our Cupcakes Pinterest board.
- See our other treat recipes and baking recipes.
- You can also find how to make jelly bean cupcakes. Find this and more recipes for cupcakes here –
- Cupcake recipes
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe bonus you get a free printable recipe binder.
What type of cupcakes are you making for your next celebration?