Dear Creatives, I wanted to update you on one of the recipes from Meal Plan Monday. I made Chicken Tortilla Soup, which was Rachel Ray’s recipe she calls her version Mexican Chicken Lime Soup. It is an easy 1 pot meal & then just add the fixings. Don’t you love 1 pot meals? I do! The changes I made for the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe were simple. While your soup is cooking I have a few special discounts to share with you from CRICUT®who is one of my sponsors at the end of the post! I hope this recipe & discount makes your day a little nicer!
I followed Rachel Ray’s recipe only made a few changes: I didn’t add the 2 chiles in adobo sauce,( she uses canned chiles) finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce. We always have the freshest chilies of many kinds here in Central, CA. I used a big, fresh Pobalno Chili in place ( since my daughter prefers a green or clear broth vs red ) . I also reduced the garlic to 4 cloves instead of six. I only had 1 package of vegetable stock & 1 can of chicken stock so I mixed them both in & the results were great. Her recipe calls for just chicken stock. If I had it I would of used it.
This is a super easy recipe to put together & very filling all by itself. Sammie loves soup & we all loved this recipe. I think you will too. Just add as many of the fixings that you like to top your Chicken Tortilla Soup
Easy! Adapted from: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/mucho-gusto-latin-recipes/mexican-chicken-lime-soup
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 package boneless chicken breasts or chicken fillets ( cut up into cubes)
- olive oil
- Chicken Stock 1 large box + 1 can or min. 6 cups
- cilantro (chopped)
- 2-3 limes (quartered leave out & cut 1 only in half to juice into soup)
- 2 avocados ( bite sized pieces)
- tortilla chips
- pre shredded Mexican three cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in peppers & cook a few minutes while stirring.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked on all sides.
- Stir in the chicken broth & lime juice. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes,( skimming any foam if there is any)
- Stir in the cilantro.
- While cooking prep the garnishes.
- Garnish with toppings in serving bowl
Cook time may very on size of cut up chicken.
What is your favorite soup recipe?
Related Recipes you may enjoy:
- Minestrone Soup
- Tortellini Soup
- Chili Verde
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Chicken Lime Soup*Rachel Ray’s Version
- Green Chicken Tortilla Stoup *Rachel Ray
PS! I can’t wait to share what I have been making using my CRICUT® using my Love Stuck cartridge! & I hope your going to love these discounts & deals! These are offers from my affiliate Cricut
Sorry these particular offers are no longer available but, if you head on over to Cricut you can see what’s currently on sale!!
Get the Pink Cricut Expression for ONLY $189.99! Get $100 OFF the Reconditioned Cricut Expression Machine!