Dear Creatives, I wanted to update you on one of the recipes from Meal Plan Monday. I made Chicken Tortilla Soup, which was Rachel Ray’s recipe she calls her version Mexican Chicken Lime Soup. It is an easy 1 pot meal & then just add the fixings. Don’t you love 1 pot meals? I do! The changes I made for the Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe were simple. While your soup is cooking I have a few special discounts to share with you from CRICUT®who is one of my sponsors at the end of the post! I hope this recipe & discount makes your day a little nicer!
I followed Rachel Ray’s recipe only made a few changes: I didn’t add the 2 chiles in adobo sauce,( she uses canned chiles) finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce. We always have the freshest chilies of many kinds here in Central, CA. I used a big, fresh Pobalno Chili in place ( since my daughter prefers a green or clear broth vs red ) . I also reduced the garlic to 4 cloves instead of six. I only had 1 package of vegetable stock & 1 can of chicken stock so I mixed them both in & the results were great. Her recipe calls for just chicken stock. If I had it I would of used it.
This is a super easy recipe to put together & very filling all by itself. Sammie loves soup & we all loved this recipe. I think you will too. Just add as many of the fixings that you like to top your Chicken Tortilla Soup
Easy! Adapted from: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/mucho-gusto-latin-recipes/mexican-chicken-lime-soup
- 1 onion ( chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 package boneless chicken breasts or chicken fillets ( cut up into cubes)
- olive oil
- Chicken Stock 1 large box + 1 can or min. 6 cups
- cilantro (chopped)
- 2-3 limes (quartered leave out & cut 1 only in half to juice into soup)
- 2 avocados ( bite sized pieces)
- tortilla chips
- pre shredded Mexican three cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in peppers & cook a few minutes while stirring.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked on all sides.
- Stir in the chicken broth & lime juice. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes,( skimming any foam if there is any)
- Stir in the cilantro.
- While cooking prep the garnishes.
- Garnish with toppings in serving bowl
Cook time may very on size of cut up chicken.
What is your favorite soup recipe?
Related Recipes you may enjoy:
- Minestrone Soup
- Tortellini Soup
- Chili Verde
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Chicken Lime Soup*Rachel Ray’s Version
- Green Chicken Tortilla Stoup *Rachel Ray
PS! I can’t wait to share what I have been making using my CRICUT® using my Love Stuck cartridge! & I hope your going to love these discounts & deals!