I’m so glad fall is here and I can start baking again. Aren’t you?? I love being in the kitchen creating fun recipes or adapting them. Before I headed to take care of my grand kids I decided to do two things to bring to them. Bake cookies and add them into bags with Halloween toppers. I’m not going to be here for this Halloween this year we’ll be traveling. Today I have both the Easy Halloween Monster Cookies recipe and free Halloween Treat Toppers Printables for you!
- Let’s get making these fun Halloween cookies. Printable Monster Cookies Recipe and Halloween treat toppers at end of post.
Easy Halloween Monster Cookies Recipe
I adapted a recipe from this cookbook. I grabbed spider cupcake holders and cupcake liners from the craft store and I mixed up a batch of cookies with my new T-Fal bakeware/cookware. Let’s get baking.
How To Make Monster Cookies;
First, this recipe is really easy and doesn’t need a lot of ingredients.
- Pre chop your nuts or purchase some pre chopped.
- Mix up the cookies in a mixing bowl. (printable recipe at end of the post)
- Add in Peanut M&Ms
- Scoop onto your non stick cookie sheet (T-Fal is great to use! and gets them the perfect brown, removes without sticking due to their airbake technology)
- Let the cookies cool completely
- Ice the cookies with monster shapes and add eyes ( the 3 and 4 eyed monsters were the biggest hits!)
- Add into clear bags and top with Halloween cookie-cupcake-treat bag toppers (subscribe and stay tuned for the free Halloween Toppers!)
Below I am sharing a few bakeware items that I’m using in the kitchen, making my baking and cooking life easier. Each item has a special features to make using them a pleasure and perfect if you have kids who are learning to bake or cook.
What’s New In the Kitchen
What’s new in my kitchen? We received these baking tools to try out in the kitchen. Let me give you a few reasons we loved them and a closer look to their benefits. Whether your starting out as a new baker / cook or updating some of your kitchen tools this might be helpful for you.
The T-Fal 12 ” barrel rolling pin comes with stoppers that keeps it on your counter surface. It’s non stick! I can’t wait to make pie dough and share it in action with you! So stay tuned. This isn’t a light rolling pin it is a nice weight that will make rolling easier!
I love how the T-fal measuring cups have rubber tips. They help them stay in place when you set them down and stack for storage. They are really sturdy and nice. You can see in the first image I even set a spoon in them for icing and they didn’t even tip over. They come with a lifetime warranty.
The T-fal measuring spoons were made the same as the measuring cups. They are dishwasher safe, rubber tips and lifetime warranty. I love that if your baking with kids you don’t have to worry about these breaking vs. my ceramic ones.
The T-fal measuring cup is a 2 cup capacity and has a rubber handle. It’s really made nicely for pouring liquid. For this recipe I used it for measuring flour.
Watch for my fall beef boneless ribs slow cooker recipe. I used it for pouring my broth. I do like using plastic as it is lighter to hold and great for when you have kids in the kitchen learning to cook or bake.
The T-fal Baking sheet has the airbake bottom, which really is great for getting even heating for any of your cookies or baked goods. It has a no rust guarantee and 10 year warranty.
The Halloween cookies were a big hit with the kids. The new supplies for in the kitchen were a bit hit for us! Have you tried T-fal bakeware before? Or other T-fal products for in the kitchen??
Free Printable Halloween Toppers
- Happy Halloween: Halloween Printable Toppers (print or download) Clear 4 x 9.5 treat bag
- Spider / RIP: Halloween Printable Toppers (print or download) Clear 6 x 8 treat bag
Easy just click to print for free! Hope you enjoy these along with the cookies recipe below. They are two sizes but, can be resized in Pic Monkey, which is free to use. Just download and resize to suit your needs. Both will fit clear party treat bags. Fold bag, print and fold topper staple to top of bag. Design can be printed on cardstock or standard quality printer paper. I used printer paper for this.
Printable Baking Recipe
Halloween Monster Cookies
- 1-1/2 Graham Cracker Crumbs 1 pack crush them in a large plastic bag
- 3/4 cup white all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 stick of softened butter equal to 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag chocolate M & M's
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
pre chop your nuts
pre crush your graham crackers
mix all your dry ingredients together
then add in your wet ingredients
mix together well
stir in gently your bag of M & M's
scoop with small ice cream scoop onto non stick cookie sheet
bake at 350 degrees until done about and bottoms are browned slightly about 10-15 minutes
when cooled ice with monster shapes and add edible eyes
Baking time may vary by size of cookies, oven and altitude. I adapted the recipe from their book Sweets and Treats and not the recipe linked, which is slightly different.
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff Graham Cracker Monster Cookies