Do you enjoy the coffee lifestyle? We do! Summer has really set in. We have had really hot days which makes it the perfect time for drinking iced coffee. At night if we are lucky cooling off in the evenings with the fog rolling in. When it’s really hot outside we try to get out early for walks then hang out indoors watching movies, reading, writing and creating projects. But, then there are those times it’s too hot to handle, even indoors. We pack up and head out to the coast. We really love that we have such beautiful beaches nearby. We have a 26-mile drive through the countryside and stunning mountains.
We wind our way to the highest peak and down the other side of the mountain, then a few miles up highway one. We hit the small town of Cambria, CA. which has our favorite beaches. I’ve been feeling like it’s been too long since we drove out to the beach. Sometimes you can feel cooped up living in an area that gets so hot.
You know when it’s time to chill out while enjoying the coffee lifestyle and outdoors! I had a lovely #coffeepassion package (I received for free) from Starbucks arrive, full of iced coffees, Frappuccinos…. to help us cool down and pack up for a day at the beach! I was ready for our day trip, to chill out and head to the beach to do some lifestyle photography.
We loaded up our picnic basket, grabbed our beach blanket, camera and #icedcoffee to head out of town. The drive is scenic full of beautiful mountain ranges.
Packing up for the beach
On the drive, we always sing to the radio. Sammie and I have more in common than she’d like to admit. We love music, art, photography, Starbucks and summer road trips. The beach is one of my favorite places. I have always loved the ocean, collecting shells, hikes on the beach and taking photographs of nature and of the CA lifestyle. Since this photo, I got a nice new beach bag. It’s pretty awesome, sturdy and made from recycled ship sails.
We got to the beach later in the afternoon than we normally go, which can be nice as a lot of people come early and leave early. Locals seem to come later and stay later. Here’s where you can find out more about our local beaches and travel adventures.
That includes the surfers I got a few photos of some climbing down the mountain with their boards. When we first got there we headed down to find a spot nearby some driftwood on a higher spot on the beach. The tide was already coming in and higher than normal.
There was a full moon last week, making the waves really big. There were many surfers taking advantage of that and the great weather.
Unpacked and ready for beach fun and iced coffee drinks!
Our blanket set up, I sketched for a while after finding a few rocks and feathers. Then we took a break. I tried the new S’ mores Frappuccino. Next, I grabbed my camera to take some more photography to share a bit of our summer California lifestyle with you.
There was no fog coming in yet, the sun was bright but, it wasn’t hot. There was a light ocean breeze. It was the perfect weather to be there.
We love drinking Starbucks Iced Coffee and Frappuccinos, it’s fun being part of the coffee culture. Or should I say tasty!
We hiked back up the hillside when we were done, we swapped drinks. They were yummy and refreshing we both liked each other’s picks. Surfers were still heading out to catch the waves. We watched the surfers a bit longer before heading back. I promise to share more photos soon.
I would have stayed until sunset but, Sammie loves our local evening concerts in the park. We finished up our iced coffees and headed back into town for a summer concert to complete our day.
Whether you are home, in your backyard, picnicking, headed to the beach or hitting the road this summer you might enjoy grabbing yourself Starbucks iced coffees and Frappuccinos. They are perfect for the times you need to chill out!
Top 5 Iced Coffees Must-Haves For Summer Chillin’
Grab any of these mixes and bottled iced coffees to enjoy at home this summer or on the road! Cool off, stay energized and have a fun summer!
- Via Instant Iced Coffee
- Double Shot Coffee Energy
- Starbucks Frappuccinos
- Iced Coffees in Caramel, Vanilla, and Mocha
Do you enjoy a coffee lifestyle? What’s your favorite iced coffee drinks to sip on?
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe!
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Coffee Lovers Pinterest
- Coffee Art
- See all our Coffee Posts!
- Frozen Orange Coffee Drink Recipe is really delicious, blending coffee, chocolate, and orange flavors. This drink is topped with whip cream and chocolate drizzle.
- 18+Iced Coffee Drink Recipes You Must Make! You can make these iced coffee drink recipes at home. Perfect if you can’t make it to the coffee shop!
- Brew The Best Coffee – Pour Over Coffee DIY We share step by step how to use the pour-over coffee method. You really get the full flavor of the coffee beans, much like when using a French press but, only quicker. If you have never tried pour-over coffee, you should!
- Coffee Lovers Gift Guide This gift guide is for the coffee lover selections for all coffee coinsurers.
- 5 Must Haves For Summer Chillin’ Easy grab and go coffees you’ll love taking on ice to your picnics, barbecues …
- How To Make Iced Chai if you get tired of making coffee, another alternative is chai tea. It has black tea and spices. This recipe brews up easily, add ice, soy or milk and you have a festive drink recipe to sip on the patio.