Are you looking for baby shower gift ideas? DIY a baby gift basket! We just got back from a baby shower, and are counting down the days until the new baby arrives. (Grandbaby that is) I thought you might like to see what my daughter and I made for the mom to be. We made a baby gift basket, filled with gifts for the new mom.
You will be able to put your own spin on this gift for new moms. Looking for something else? See all our other gift ideas.
DIY Baby Gift Basket
The nice thing about making a gift like this for a baby shower is you can personalize it to fit the mom to be and how much you want to spend. You can make a smaller basket with gifts or a larger one filled with things for the new parents. Make it for a baby boy, baby girl or make it gender-neutral.
Baby Shower Gift Ideas
It’s such a thoughtful baby shower gift.
Baby Basket Gift DIY
Here is how we put together our gift basket for the baby. We had to take photos before we headed off to the baby shower with the gift basket we made! Is anyone else obsessed with bubbly water?
What should you put in a baby shower gift basket?
Baby Gift Ideas
- First, we purchased a basket like this but, ended up needing a bit larger one like this basket. Due to the fact that I had a wood mountain-shaped shelf that was a bit longer than the first basket. We also liked this set of three-lined baskets. How handy would it for the mom to be to get 3 baskets!
- We picked a few things off the baby registry such as droll bibs, organic crib sheet and swaddle blankets.
Next, we handpicked the best baby gifts we spotted for our gift basket;
- Boppy pillow and woodland themed boppy cover perfect for mom to be, especially if she is nursing.
- This round storage laundry hamper which could be used for toys. It’s fully lined with a waterproof coating, collapsible, and comes in so many designs and colors. They have rectangle collapsible baskets like this too.
- Nursery wall decor like this bear head, which also comes in different metal finishes or in a fox design.
- Cute baby socks and toddler boy socks with grips. (Which you can also find in girls styles.)
- Organic baby gowns.
- Baby Onesies.
- Nursery table lamp.
- Baby Mobile Starry Clouds Woodland for girl/boy nursery.
- This cute wood feathers and rings baby bracelet and teether.
How to make a baby gift basket
It can be a trendy baby shower gift or a practical baby shower gift. We put together this gift basket with a mix of baby items from a registry list, plus our favorite baby gifts.
- The first thing we did was to make a budget for our gift. It’s super easy to go beyond as baby gifts are sooo adorable! We wanted it to be nice, include cute items, and include things the mom to be needed on the registry and gift items to surprise the parents to be.
- We purchased the gift basket and white tissue paper but, you can get colored tissue paper pink/blue, or gold tissue paper… to add around the gifts here and there, then for adding into the basket. Use the tissue to wrap something to be a surprise. Or wrap a few gifts with cute baby gift wrapping paper.
- Then we unwrapped each item we purchased, removed or blacked out pricing, and assembled the gift basket. Keeping all the receipts and original boxes until we knew they liked and wanted all the gifts we picked.
- For making the sock clothesline, we also needed and purchased two dowels, twine, and mini clothespins (I spotted these mini clothespins which would be perfect for making the clothesline to hang baby socks for the gift basket; (natural with twine included) (glittery) or (themed characters) (woodland animals) (pretty and colorful)for stringing the baby socks on the line which we assembled and put into the gift basket on each side.)
- We assembled the gifts first.
- Then added the dowels and string on each side, to hang the baby socks.
- Secured the dowel to the bottom/sides of the basket and wrapped the twine around the dowels to make the clothesline. (To secure dowels, use twine and/or clear packaging tape)
- Next, we hung the baby socks with the mini clothespins.
- Tada! The gift was done.
My daughter in law is having her second baby so this was a sprinkle baby shower. I think these are perfect because the mom to be, needs things to be ready for when the baby comes. Her first baby was a girl and this baby is a boy. Oh, boy are we excited to have another grandson in the family!
They are decorating their nursery in adventure awaits styled nursery theme. (I can’t wait to share more of the baby room and how it’s painted!) If they were having a girl they would have picked the forest frolic nursery theme. You can see all the cute ideas, and baby gifts that go with both.
Be sure and tag @dearcreatives #dearcreatives on social media when you make your baby shower gift basket! I’d love to see how it turned out.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Baby Rooms
- Baby Showers Pinterest
- Gift Ideas
Looking for other baby shower gift ideas?
- Baby Boy Gift Ideas
- Nursery Room Ideas – Baby DIYs
- Baby Shower Gift Ideas and Registry Gift Ideas
- Sewing for Baby
- Handmade Baby Gifts and Patterns
- How To Make Burp Cloths
- Wool Felt Baby Hair Accessories
- Baby Shower Gift Idea Tutorial
- DIY Iron-on Onesies and T-Shirts
- Unicorn DIYs