Are you ready to go to the beach? Grab ideas for what to wear to the beach. I think you will love these outfit ideas. We are always heading to the beach for fun and thought we would share some of our favorite things and must-haves to bring and, beach outfits for women.
If you don’t live near the beach and are taking a vacation we hope these must-haves for the beach and outfit ideas for what to wear to the beach will help you get the perfect idea of what you need to wear (and bring).
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Beach Bag Must-Haves
Don’t forget to fill your beach bag with these must-have items!
- Sunscreen (Our favorites SPF 50 Sunblock/Sunscreen and this SPF 30 Sunscreen), and SPF 30 Sunscreen Lip Balm to protect your skin and lips.
- Beach sunhat, wide brim hat with lanyard, or a beach-style baseball cap.
- Beach Towels. Or a light compact beach blanket in a travel bag.
- Flip Flops.
- Mesh beach bag for collecting shells. (You should see our collection!)
- This is our favorite beach blanket. PS they wash well and hold up well! (We use it for picnics, the kids playing outside on the grass, and more. I even got one for Sammie for college in Arizona for when she camps or does outdoor activities.)
- This beach bag is made from recycled sails! It is our favorite! (Sea Bag – Beach Bags).
- Water bottles like the hydro flask. They are reusable and keep water and drinks cold.
What To Wear To The Beach?
Beach Outfits For Women
- You might have to walk or hike to the beach. Most parking lots fill up quickly. Many beaches don’t have parking lots. Wear tennis shoes, women’s vans, or walking sandals you can trek in.
- Bring flip-flops in your beach bag. They keep your feet protected when the sand is hot.
- Shorts and cute beachy tops. Shorts like this, that are easy to take off if you are wearing a swimsuit under them.
- Or cute sundresses.
- Always bring layers like a sweatshirt, pullover sweater, and a windbreaker for windy weather or fog.
- Add leggings or sweatpants to your beach bag. Then slip the sweatpants on when it gets cold, or after a swim.
- Swimsuit to wear if you swim or wade in the waves.
- Coverups are always great to have, like this embroidery tassel trim coverup. Or this beach coverup Kimono Cardigan style.
- On cool days where it’s foggy wear jeans like this or these Capri jeans.
- Grab a water-resistant jacket. This jacket is packable and can fit in a bag. Or grab a fleece jacket. (Tip: Fleece will not be waterproof, I wear my windbreaker over it on misty foggy hikes.) This is Sammie’s go-to jacket for bonfires at the beach. (She got it for a ski trip but, uses it for the beach too! It’s lightweight but, keeps you warm…).
Shop For Beachwear
Shop The ListCarmen Ruffled Mini Dress By Carolina K in Pink Size XS • Carolina K.
Cloth & Stone Classic Buttondown By Cloth & Stone in White Size XS • Cloth & Stone
MUK LUKS Women’s Beach Blanket Sandal-Navy Wedge 6 • Muk Luks
Maeve Wellesley Pants By Maeve in Assorted Size 0 • Maeve
Amaryllis Abroad Wave Rider Kimono
Laidback London Heron Sandals By Laidback London in White Size 6
SoYoung Petite Lunch Poche Bag By SoYoung in Grey Size XS
Geneva Tiered Blouse By Moon River in Beige Size XS • Moon River
Tie-Front Wrap Beach/Swim Pants • Chico’s
Havaianas Women’s Sandal • Havaianas
Sudi Woven Crossbody Bag By Anthropologie in Beige • Anthropologie
Farm Rio Murcia Mini Skirt By Farm Rio in Pink Size XL • Farm Rio
Nisolo Huarache Sandals By Nisolo in Brown Size 6 • Nisolo
Lacy Puff-Sleeved Midi Dress By Place Nationale in White Size S • Place Nationale
UGG Goldenstar Sandals By UGG in Black Size 7 • UGG
Belted Wrap Beach Dress • Lemlem
accsa Women Classic Wide Brim Sun Hat Summer Straw Hat for Beach Travel Black Band Panama Hat UPF 50+ Foldable Beige
Maeve Tiziana Tank By Maeve in White Size XL • Maeve
KIRUNDO Womens Casual Striped Sleeveless Jumpsuit Crewneck Tie Waist Tank Top Short Romper with Pockets (XX-Large White) • Kirundo
OCA Low Stripe Washed Black Canvas Contrast Thread Sneaker Women • Cariuma
Btb Sunday Morning Tote
Gray Ombre Straw Rancher Hat
Azokoe Women Summer Casual Elastic Waist Wide Leg Beach Shorts with Pom Pom Detailing Blue S
MUK LUKS Women’s Beach Bingo Sandal-Navy Wedge 9 • Muk Luks
Victoria Emerson Vigo
Berryou Women Summer Casual Mini Dress Spaghetti Strap V Neck Beach Swing Dresses Blue XL
Mrs. Wickman Women’s Floppy Straw Sun Hat and Foam Flip Flop Sandals Set US Women’s Shoe Sizes 7-10 • Aerusi
High-Waisted Everyday Shorts for Women — 3.5-inch inseam • Old Navy
Women’s Panama Styled Woven Straw Hat and Foam Flip Flop Sandals Set US Women’s Shoe Sizes 7-10 • Aerusi
Free People FP Movement Hit The Slopes Sweatshirt – Women’s • Free People
Back Beat Co. Organic Cotton Surf Jogger – Women’s
Roxy Do You Good Sweater Women’s Clothing • Roxy
Patagonia Organic Cotton Towel • Patagonia
Hulken Collapsible Medium Grocery Tote Bag By Hulken in Gold
Coastal Vibe – Dresses
We love putting together beach vacation outfits. Coast the vibes are casual. You can’t go wrong getting one nice outfit or dress to bring. Grab a new dress for your coastal vacation.
What are your favorite beach outfits for women? Be sure to tag us on Instagram @DearCreatives with your beach outfit! We’d love to see it!
Looking for more ideas?
- Going to the beach with the kids? Print this beach scavenger hunt!
- Spring/Summer Essentials You Will Want To Wear! (Includes swimwear!)
- Need a travel planner? Subscribe and get this printable travel checklist!
- See our travel posts that include many beach trips and coastal spots in California.
- Looking for more fashion and style posts? See our lifestyle posts.
- Flying Carry On Travel Tips
- Don’t need this now? Pin this post for later!