In a hurry to get a delicious, healthy dinner on the table? Cook this Chicken Stir Fry With Pineapple! Using a few simple spices, boneless skinless chicken breasts, vegetables, and pineapple. You can have dinner in under 30-minutes.
I don’t know about you but I love quick and easy dinners like this. I put them on repeat in our house. You can serve this chicken stir fry over rice garnished with green onions and soy sauce.
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Chicken Stir Fry With Pineapple
You don’t need a wok to make stir fry but they are nice to own and cook with. Honestly, I wish I still had mine but, lost it in a move. It’s on my wish list. You can use a large non-stick pan like this to cook this dinner.
Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- Fresh cut-up pineapple (2 cups of pineapple chunks)
- 1-1/2 lb. of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Cubed)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 small White Onion
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper
- Smoky Honey Seasoning (This seasoning has Dried Blossom Honey, Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt, and Smoked Paprika.)
- Garlic & Chilis Seasoning
- Vegetable Oil (Vegetable oil is better for higher temperatures. Especially if you are using a Wok)
or Sesame Seed Oil
Garnishes and Sides
Recipe Notes and Substitutions
- If you don’t like pineapple you can omit it and just have chicken stir fry with vegetables.
- Feel free to use garlic powder and onion powder in a pinch. If you don’t have garlic cloves or onion on hand.
- You can substitute canned pineapple chunks if you don’t have fresh pineapple.
- As far as spices go you can use your favorite Asian spices or a Gourmet 5 Spice blend like this too.
- You can use Sesame Oil,
These oils also can be used for cooking stir fry Olive Oil and Avocado Oil.
- There are so many ways to make a sauce for the stir fry. One idea is to make a sauce with pineapple juice, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce in the pan. To make a sauce thicken you would have to add a thickener such as cornstarch.
- Add 1/2 a pound of chicken meat per person for additional servings
- How to cut pineapple using a knife
Favorite Cooking Tools
How To Make Stir Fry With Pineapple
- Wash, seed, and chop your bell peppers.
- Prepare the fresh pineapple by cutting it up into chunks.
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Cube the skinless, boneless chicken breast (if not already prepared).
- Add the chicken to a medium/high pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Next, add the salt and pepper.
- Stir for 6-8 minutes until cooked on all sides.
- As the chicken cooks; Sprinkle with the other seasonings. Add spices to your taste preference.
I sprinkled the chicken well with the two seasonings. Probably about 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp.
- Then, add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the stir fry.
- Stir until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Lastly, add the pineapple. When heated it’s ready to serve.
Serve over prepared white rice. Garnish the dish with Soy Sauce. Grab chopsticks or forks and enjoy! This simple Asian-inspired dinner is easy to make and delicious.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder and cooking resources. Plus, never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Not making the recipe now? Pin it for later Or Print the Recipe (below)
Helpful tips for cooking pineapple chicken stir fry
- Fresh pineapple is available all year long. Its peak season is March to July. To make this recipe go faster you can prep your pineapple a day before. And keep it in a food storage container like this (It’s my favorite set for prepping fruits and vegetables and keeping them fresh). Or optionally you can use canned pineapple chunks.
- A handy tool to use for cutting pineapple is this pineapple corer tool.
- To have the rice done at the same time as the stir fry. I prepare before starting to cook the chicken. It stays warm in the pot when done. Or you can use a rice cooker.
Print The Recipe
Looking for something else to cook?
Related recipes that you might like to cook
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- Hawaiian Grilled Chicken (with Pineapple Mango Salsa)
- 15-Minute Asian Chicken Salad
- One Pot Chicken Fried Rice