Blueberry Banana Bread is easy to make and bake. A quick bread recipe. Perfect for breakfast, brunches, snacks, or getting together with friends over coffee. I remember baking all types of goodies with my grandma. She loved to bake too.
Baking is something I enjoy doing. It’s really easy to take out a bread pan or two and make a loaf or two of this quick bread.
Blueberry Banana Bread
We love baking sweet breads and pairing them with coffee or tea, and friends. Pick a light to medium bodied coffee. It typically has a medium acidity. Flavor pairs well with breakfast breads, muffins, citrus fruits, blueberries, apples and nuts. *coffee pairing reference and here’s where to grab all our coffee recipes and posts.
You might like our other quick bread (s)
- Strawberry Banana Bread is made with fresh strawberries.
- Rustic Banana Bread this banana bread has a crumb topping.
- Zucchini Bread is perfect for when you have an abundance of zucchini from your garden or when they are in season.
If baking isn’t your thing, or you aren’t looking for banana bread with blueberries hop over to see our Recipe Index and the drop-down menu.
We enjoy using blueberries in our recipes and smoothies they are so good for you. Be sure to pin these recipes to try too.
- Berry Smoothie with spinach. This is packed with blackberries, blueberries, peaches, spinach…. A healthy smoothie option for any day of the week. Head over to see it blended.
- Wild Berry Smoothie is a dark in color, delicious, and made with wild blueberries. You will love wild berry smoothies! They are not only packed with flavor, but wild blueberries are also so good for you.
- baking soda
- cinnamon powder
- pure vanilla extract
- chopped nuts chopped pecans or chopped walnuts (optional)
Blueberry Banana Bread
Blueberry Banana Bread - A tasty quick bread that is moist from the bananas, and has blueberries for an added pop of flavor. It's so good with coffee, tea and friends.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 mashed bananas peel and mash
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts *can be ommitted
- 1 cup blueberries
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
Prepare your bread pan and set to side (instructions at bottom)
Measure all the dry ingredients into a medium size bowl, set to side.
Mix together in a larger bowl or your mixer. Butter, brown sugar, vanilla. Cream them together, then add in eggs and finish creaming.
Fold in mashed bananas.
Slowly add flour mixture to your creamed ingredients, mix into creamed ingredients. Repeat until fully mixed in. Do not over mix.
Add chopped nuts. Used chopped pecans or chopped walnuts. (or omit step if not using nuts)
Lastly gently fold in your blueberries.
Add to your prepared baking bread pan. Pre spray with non stick spray, and lightly flour. Knock out excess flour from pan.
Bake at 350* for 45-1 hr 15 min depending on oven & altitude. Check often at 45 min mark on to ensure top isn’t getting to dark, if so tent with aluminum foil and continue to bake until knife comes out clean.
Let cool slightly. Run knife around inside edges of bread pan. Turn bread out of the pan. Cut, when cooled. Serve with or without butter.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe Bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder kit.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Baking on Pinterest
How often do you bake?