Today we are sharing our Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry Tart Bites. This is an easy appetizer recipe. This post also contains content for our 21+ audience. When creating wine pairings I think of both sweet or savory appetizers. I usually include sweet, and savory appetizers at brunch. Or when entertaining.
Today’s recipe is a sweet appetizer that you can serve with wines. I’ll share a list below of how to pair your strawberry tart appetizers with wines. This a delicious appetizer pairing for any spring gathering.
Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry Tart Bites
The other day I mentioned our spring is filled with so many birthdays, (including my own) Easter, and before you know it there is Cinco de Mayo, and Mother’s Day.
This time of year for us is as busy as the holiday season. We decided we are going to visit our family for spring break. I’m in charge of easy appetizers, and beverages for our brunch. I decided what I’ll make, and bring for our celebration. First, I grabbed an extra $3 off coupon before I headed to shop and make a run through my recipe.
When you are done with today’s post if you like savory recipes, you’ll like this Spinach Broccoli Artichoke Dip, serve it warm with bread, or crackers. This is just one of our favorite savory appetizers. I’ll have a few other appetizer ideas at the end of the post, along with the wine pairing.
I always make a run through with new recipes, before we make them for company. Do you?
How to make Strawberry Cream Puff Pastry Tarts
First, get your groceries.
Here are the groceries you’ll need to have on hand to make the strawberry tart appetizer. I grabbed my groceries at Grocery Outlet.
- Box of Puff Pastry (in the freezer section) 1 section will make 12 bite-sized
- 1 Basket of Strawberries per pastry puff sheet (blackberries, and other garnishes optional)
- 1 Strawberry spread or jam
- 2- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened, and room temperature) (1 per sheet)
- 1 small whip cream (8 oz.)
- vanilla (1/2 tsp.) per recipe
- powdered sugar 1/2 cup
- 1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water per sheet (in a small bowl)
The full printable recipe is at the end of the post.
- Start by making your sweet cream mixture.
- Add whipping cream, and vanilla into the mixing bowl.
- Whip it until it peeks.
- Add in mix powdered sugar, jam, softened cream cheese.
- Blend well. Then pop the mixture in the bowl into the fridge, until your puff pastry is baked, and cooled.
- Cut the pastry in half
- Then cut it into 6 rectangles.
- Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush on the egg wash.
Bake your puff pastry according to the box directions. Let them cool completely. (400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.)
After your pastry is baked, and completely cooled cut each piece in half again to make 12 pieces total. If you are serving 6 or want them bigger you don’t have to cut them smaller. But, for a few bites, and no fork appetizers you’ll want them smaller.
- While the pastry puffs are cooling; wash, then slice your strawberries.
- Next assemble your tarts by spreading on sweet strawberry cream mixture, then top with strawberries.
- Set each prepared strawberry tart one by one onto your serving trays. (Sorry, no pics for this part. It takes two hands, and Sammie was at a school track meet.)
You can cover the dish loosely with saran wrap, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours prior to serving. PS You don’t need a fork to eat these. Serve them on appetizer plates, with napkins.
These are so good!
Pair this with a wine such as; Prosecco, White Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel. It can also be paired with a Champagne. What else is great for a brunch? And pairs well with wine? My quiche recipes: Asparagus Quiche, ,
I picked up a few wines when I was shopping, Grocery Outlet Wine Sale. Right now they are having their twice-yearly Wine Sales! You can find some amazing wines for a great price – the Wine Sale is 20% off all bottles of wine and, is in full swing! All selected by trained buyers. I spotted local wines too, which is perfect for our wine pairings.
- Don’t forget to Grab, and Take The Bonus, extra $3.oo off coupon!
I saved big time ($47.50) compared to the grocery store, yep circled right on my receipt. Grocery Outlet offers high-quality products at 40-70% less than traditional grocery stores. I spotted, and bought some Belgium mini cream puffs, and grabbed artisan rolls, and green olives, and wine. I think it’s beginning to feel like a spring brunch is right around the corner. I can’t wait to share what I make next.
Do you like easy entertaining ideas? We enjoy wine pairing, appetizers, and gathering where the focus is on good food, and who your with vs. running around preparing hard to serve recipes.
I love getting extra money off, on top of sales too. Do you? I shopped the #GroceryOutletWineSale for all my grocery, and wine supplies for today’s post. Not only was it convenient I saved so much stocking up for our celebrations.
Strawberry Cream Puff Pastry Tart Bites
- Box of Puff Pastry Find puff pastry in the freezer section of the grocery store 1 section will make 12 bite sized (take out 40 min prior)
- The recipe is for 12 bite-size pieces Double ingredients if you make both sheets.
- 1 Basket of Strawberries per pastry puff sheet blackberries, and other garnishes optional
- 1 Strawberry spread or jam 2 tablespoons
- 2- 4 oz. cream cheese softened, and room temperature
- 1 Heavy whipping cream 8 oz. larger if you want extra. (1/4 cup heavy whipping cream)
- Vanilla 1/2 tsp. per recipe
- Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup
- Egg Wash: 1 egg white discard yolk + 1 tablespoon water whisk, and put in a small bowl.
Take your Puff Pastry Dough out of the Freezer. *use 1 for this recipe
Start by making your sweet cream mixture. You will need 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Add whipping cream, and vanilla into the mixing bowl. Whip it until it peeks.
Add into mixture; 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons strawberry jam (or slightly more if your taste desires), 4 ounces softened cream cheese. + one fresh strawberry smashed (for natural color, and fresh taste). Blend well with a mixer.
Then pop it in the whip cream/cream mixture fridge to harden up a little, and keep cold, until your puff pastry is baked, and cooled.
Next set out your puff pastry. Unfold, and discard any tissue that separates the sheets. Set it onto a lined sheet pan. (use a siplat, or parchment paper) Cut pastry in half, then into 6. Crimp the edges with a fork.
Brush on the egg wash.
Bake your puff pastry according to the box directions. Let the baked strawberry tarts cool completely. (400 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.) After your pastry is baked, and completely cooled cut each piece in half again to make 12 bite-sized pieces. If you are serving 6 or want them bigger you don't have to cut them smaller. But, for bite-sized pieces, and serving with no fork appetizers you'll want them smaller.
While they are cooling wash and take out strawberry stems, lay strawberries on side, and then slice your strawberries.
Next assemble by spreading on sweet, strawberry cream mixture, then top with strawberries. Set each prepared strawberry tart one by one onto your serving trays.
You can cover with saran, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours prior to serving. Or serve right away.
Pair this with a wine such as Prosecco, White Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel. It can also be paired with Champagne.
Nonalcohol options are sparkling cider, sparkling water with strawberries, or coffee, and tea.
Adapted from Strawberry Puff Tart
What types of appetizers, and recipes do you enjoy making for brunch? Or celebrations?