Do you have a favorite baked zucchini bread recipe? I think you might enjoy this Zucchini Bread Recipe. I’ve had several I enjoy but, always seem to go back to this easy zucchini bread recipe. I love that you can actually find zucchini in the stores over many seasons. For us baking, and using our baking recipes begins in the fall. Summers are just too hot here to bake. There is nothing like a fresh baked homemade zucchini bread topped with butter or jam.
When my son was little he used to tease his sister all the time because she loved my zucchini bread so much. He nick named her Jenni zucchini. Because she liked zucchini (and he didn’t). He would say she looked like a zucchini because she was thin. To this day he still will tease her. Oh, older brothers.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
Easy Zucchini Bread
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans chopped pecans are optional, not used in loaf pictured
- 1 1/2- 2 cup shredded raw zucchini 2-4 zucchini
- 1/2 cup peeled shredded or chopped apple
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated white sugar or 1/2 cup granulated white sugar + 1/2 cup light brown sugar*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt into medium size bowl. Stir together gently & set to side.
Add oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar together in a large bowl and stir together.
Slowly add in dry ingredients into your mixed wet ingredients. When all the flour mixture is mixed in go to next step.
Gently stir in zucchini.
Add your mixture into a prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes or until done. I like to check 15 minutes prior to end time. This way will help you determine how much longer it will need to cook.
I use a non stick spray such as Pam and flour my pan shaking out excess flour.
*You can split the sugar to be 1/2 c sugar + 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like. This is how I like mine!
Optionally you can add a 1/2 cup of grated apple to the mixture, for this loaf I did.
Use a toothpick or clean knife to see if loaf is done. You just want the dough to be done and toothpick to come clean but, you don't want your bread over cooked.
I make this often without nuts for those who don't care for them. I personally love chopped pecans in the zucchini loaf. To see a video of how it's made with a mixer view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpWYmMImnM
Adapted from Joy of Cooking Zucchini Bread
How to make zucchini bread
- Use a non stick spray such as Pam and flour my pan shaking out excess flour.
- You can split the sugar to be 1/2 c sugar + 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like. This is how I like mine!
- Optionally you can add a 1/2 cup of grated apple to the mixture. I did for this loaf pictured.
- Use a toothpick or clean knife to see if loaf is done. You just want the dough to be over done but, do want toothpick to come clean.
- Make this zucchini recipe with or without nuts.
- I personally love chopped pecans in zucchini loaf.
You can freeze this zucchini bread for later if you like. Then defrost it before your ready to serve.
The original recipe has coconut, nutmeg and other ingredients our family doesn’t care for. I adapted it to suit my family, you can make adjustments as needed. To see the original recipe see the adapted link in the recipe.
Baking supplies you might need for making zucchini bread
- Pyrex glass loaf pan
- Wilton steel pan *easy to clean, won’t stick
- Want another baking recipe? Be sure to search baking category
- Subscribe bonus you’ll get a free printable recipe binder, meal plan template, grocery lists, conversion chart…..
I use both my grandma’s Pyrex handed down to me and my Wilton loaf pans equally. They are good not only for baking breads.
How often do you make zucchini bread?