I think you will like this Zucchini Bread Recipe! Whenever you have extra zucchini on hand it’s a great time to make this quick bread with zucchini. I’ve had several recipes that I have enjoyed over the years but, always seem to go back to this recipe.
This year we planted a small backyard garden with zucchini plants. Which means we will have plenty of zucchini for cooking and baking quick bread recipes. But, any time you have zucchini on hand from the store or your garden easy zucchini bread recipes like this are hands down worth making.
For us, baking, and using our baking recipes begins in the fall but, we still have cool days in the summer to bake on occasion. There is nothing like a fresh-baked homemade zucchini bread topped with butter or jam. Not making this recipe now? Pin it for Later.
Our family has always loved zucchini bread. When my son was little he used to tease his sister all the time because she loved my zucchini bread so much. He nicknamed her Jenni zucchini. Because she liked it so much and he didn’t. He would say she looked like zucchini because she was skinny. To this day he still will tease her. Oh, older brothers.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
Tips for making zucchini loaf
- Use a nonstick spray such as Pam and flour my pan shaking out excess flour.
- You can split the 1 cup of sugar and use 1/2 c white sugar + 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like. This is how I like mine! But, for the total sugar only use 1 cup.
- Optionally you can add a 1/2 cup of grated apple to the mixture. I did for this loaf pictured.
- Use a toothpick or clean knife to see if the loaf is done. You just want the dough to be overdone but, do want the toothpick to come clean.
- Make this zucchini recipe with nuts or without nuts.
- I personally love chopped pecans in zucchini loaf, chopped walnuts are also great in zucchini bread.
How to make zucchini bread
- 1-1/2- 2 cups of shredded raw zucchini 2-4 zucchini
- 1/2 cup peeled shredded or chopped apple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans are optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt into a medium-size bowl. Stir together gently then set to the side.
- Next add the oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar together in a large bowl and stir together.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients into your mixed wet ingredients. When all the flour mixture is mixed in go to the next step.
- Gently stir in the shredded zucchini. And optional chopped pecans.
- Add your mixture into a prepared loaf pan when incorporated.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes or until done.
- Check on the baking zucchini bread 15 minutes prior to the end time. This way will help you determine how much longer it will need to cook. Adjust the baking time as needed.
- When done remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Invert pan, slice, and enjoy!
You can freeze this zucchini bread for later if you like. Then defrost it before your ready to serve. Grab the printable recipe for zucchini bread below!
The original recipe has coconut, nutmeg, and other ingredients our family doesn’t care but if you do you can add them. There is a video of the original recipe below! I adapted it to suit my family’s taste. You can make adjustments to this recipe as you think you and your family will enjoy this zucchini bread.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe bonus you’ll get a free printable recipe binder, meal plan template, grocery lists, conversion chart…..
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
Baking supplies you might need for making zucchini bread
- Pyrex glass loaf pan
- Wilton steel pan *easy to clean, won’t stick.
- Want another baking recipe? Be sure to search baking recipes.
I use both my grandma’s Pyrex handed down to me and my Wilton loaf pans equally. They are good not only for baking bread.
How often do you make zucchini bread?