Today’s recipe is for a berry smoothie. We are calling this my, Berry Green Smoothie Recipe. Essentially, a berry smoothie with other healthy fruits, and veggies. We love smoothie recipes for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Do you? You will find us blending healthy smoothie recipes all year long. Especially as the season brings backs fresh fruits we love, berries, and when it’s hot out!
Today’s smoothie recipe is for a combination of berries, and baby spinach. But, if you don’t like spinach you can always leave it out. But, then it won’t have your greens. (insert sad face) This recipe is packed with fresh ingredients, and so easy to make. Raise your hand if you love easy smoothie recipes. Let’s get blending this recipe.
I froze a bunch of peaches when I got a flat fresh from the market. Since there is only three of us, it’s a great solution to having fresh on hand all the time for recipes, and smoothies. You can use fresh, or flash frozen peaches and other berries for this smoothie recipe.
Berry Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients you’ll need
- blackberries (if you don’t like seeds omit the blackberries, and double the blueberries)
- peaches ( I used frozen)
- baby spinach – 1/4 cup o 1/2 cup depending on your preferred taste (start with less, add more to your liking)
- organic apple juice (or water) 8 ounces
- yogurt (about 2 tbsp. vanilla Greek yogurt)
- honey (1 tsp.)
- ice (if not using frozen peaches)
This recipe is one large smoothie, or 2 medium servings. Do not double recipe unless you have an extra large blender. I made this recipe before I got my new Vitamix. This is my bar blender it’s a Waring blender, vintage in style, a good blender but, not as powerful as my new blender.
First add in your apple juice about 8 ounces. You can always add more if you want it a bit thinner after blending. Next add your blackberries, and blueberries. About half a cup of each.
- Be sure to always pre-wash all your fruits, and veggies.
At the end of summer I froze bags of fresh peeled peaches. I pulled some out of the freezer to add about a half cup to the blender. I try to keep our favorite fruits in the freezer for when we are out of lunch ideas, and ready to blend smoothies.
Since we don’t live by a Sprouts or Whole Foods, we try to go to Costco a couple of times a month to stock up on their fresh fruits, and veggies in bulk. We grabbed this big bin of baby spinach which was perfect for adding greens to our smoothie. And making some of our favorite soups with too.
Berry Smoothie with Spinach
Next add in your yogurt, honey, and cover with the top. Your ready to blend. If needed stop half way through, stir, (or pulse) top, and blend some more.
Pour it into your favorite glass for sipping.Sip, sip.
Printable Berry Smoothie Recipe
- blackberries if you don't like seeds omit the blackberries, and double the blueberries
- peaches I used frozen
- baby spinach 1/4 cup or omit
- organic apple juice or water 8 ounces
- yogurt about 2 tbsp. vanilla Greek yogurt
- honey 1 tsp.
- ice if not using frozen peaches
Add apple juice to blender.
Next add pre washed berries, peaches, and spinach.
Add yogurt, honey, and ice if your peaches aren't frozen
Top your blender, and blend.
Add more apple juice or water for a thinner consistency if needed.
You can easily double this recipe in a larger blender.
- New here? Be sure to subscribe bonus, you get a free printable recipe binder for all your recipes.
- Pin it for later
Want to try a few more easy smoothie recipes?
- Easy Berry Smoothie
- Wild Blue Berry Smoothie *with banana
- 25 Smoothie Recipes to Try + Strawberry Smoothie
- Smoothie Tools Zero to Hero
- See all our Smoothie Recipes
I used to work in a coffee shop that used Blend Tech Blenders, which are awesome, and my daughter’s and I have Vitamix Blenders. We love them. If you are serious about blending daily, it’s wise to invest in a good blender.
What type of blender do you have? How often do you blend smoothies?