Girl, you know I’m all about that coffee, that coffee. Right now, one of the biggest trends is Dalgona Coffee, so we had to try making whipped coffee! And you should too! Grab this coffee drink recipe! Get ready to start whipping and sipping!
But, if you don’t feel like coffee, try any of our other drink recipes.
Why is Dalgona Coffee trending?
For Americans, it’s a viral Tik Tok video that piqued our interest in what this was and it peaked from there. But, it all started with a viral trend from South Korea.
Where did Dalgona Coffee originate from?
The viral trend of sharing recipes and photos of the DIY (do it yourself) coffee first gained prominence during the social distancing orders in South Korea, and for that reason, it is dubbed the ‘quarantine drink’ or ‘quarantine. (source)
Is Dalgona Coffee sweet?
Yes and no. It does have sugar in it, which helps get that whipped fluffiness but, you can adjust the amount.
How Do you make Dalgona Coffee?
You can not make this drink from ground coffee beans it must be made with instant coffee crystals. See how we made it below.
Dalgona Coffee Recipe
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 tbsp. of instant coffee
- 2 tsp. to 2 tbsp. of sugar (depending on your taste)
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- International Delight Vanilla Toffee Caramel (or) Your favorite Flavored Creamer
- Milk of choice (we used 1% for this recipe) But, Almond Milk or Soy will work too!
- Ice cubes
To make this you will either need a hand mixer, a whisk (which will take you more time and arm power), or a frother mixer. A mixing bowl, coffee cups, and spoons. You could also flavor the milk of your choice with Torani Syrups instead of the flavored creamers. Torani Syrups have sugar-free options too.
How To Make Dalgona Coffee (DIY Whipped Coffee)
- Whisk together instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water until peaks are formed. (You can use a hand whisk, a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Your choice)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and top with the desired amount of Vanilla Toffee Caramel cream (optional). If you just want a touch of sweetness just start with a teaspoon, but if you’re looking for an intense flavor you might want to go with an ounce.
- Top the rest of your cup with milk of choice, dairy, and my favorite, with non-dairy options such as almond milk, soy, or coconut milk.
- Spoon on the whipped coffee by putting one to three spoonfuls of the whipped coffee mixture on top of the milk!
- Finish adding the topping to the two coffee beverages.
Now, your drink is ready to ENJOY! Be sure to print, save, or pin this Dalgona Coffee recipe/Whipped coffee recipe for later!
Have you tried making this coffee drink yet?
- New here? Don’t forget to Subscribe!
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Coffee Lovers Pinterest
- Coffee Art
- Drink Recipes
Enjoy related coffee posts!