Spring is the time of year where many of us get back into focusing on eating healthier and getting back to outdoor exercising. Even start entertaining more again. I was able to have a meet up with my friends. What’s not to love about gathering your friends? That’s just what I did and I thought I’d share a little about my day, the brunch recipe I made and how easy it all came together. I also want to share how things are getting a little easier for meal planning with Fresh Express with their recipes and share The 30 Day Salad Swap!
For me time is everything. I ‘m sure it’s the same way for you. Everyone is busier than ever these days. Balancing daily life, work and having healthy meal options can be challenging. When I am meal planning I like to have a mix of easy recipes that are healthy. I recently visited the Fresh Express Salad Recipes to find ideas for my meal plan and my gathering. I spotted the Albacore Tuna Nicoise Salad with Tarragon Dressing recipe. Then I had my eye on a few other recipes from the gallery. I decided to make a salad that was my own based off a few recipes I viewed on the recipe page.
What I came up with was a White Albacore Tuna Salad with a homemade Champagne Dressing. (recipe at end of post)
I grabbed three different bags of lettuce. One was the Fresh Express Spring Mix and the other was the Double Carrots. The other was Sweet and Crunchy Butter Lettuce. Oh, so easy and pre-prepped.
For my recipe I added cucumbers, grape tomatoes, green onion and red apple. For a garnish I grabbed pecans. I decided to hard boil a few eggs for a little splash of white and yellow. I could of kept going. Don’t you just love great veggies?
For the party I made up several big bowls of salads prepping was so easy as I only had the additional items to chop up. Other favorite topping options bell peppers, organic tomato, artichoke hearts and avocado.Layering them on one by one. Until the bowl was filled and then I added sliced apples around the edges to give it a festive feel.
Since I was going to talk about Fresh Express at my mom’s meet-up I decided to make up some take away gifts by adding the extra salad into small mason jars which I set up with coupons and information for them to take home. I thought who wouldn’t like a little healthy salad later or even for them to give the kids for an after school snack.
The ladies each got different salad, a coupon, information about the 30 Day Salad Swap. I printed a recipe I got on Fresh Express’s Pinterest Page, along with a blank one for my salad if they wanted the recipe.
We all sat around casually talking, laughing, catching up and eating healthy. I explained how I really wanted to focus on eating healthier and was starting to use the 30 Salad Swap for my meal planning. It’s a win / win. I decided to share some of the things I learned from an online seminar I was part of with my neighborhood mom’s group. And now I am sharing it with you too!
The the top questions asked about Fresh Express as we ate and talked at the brunch were:
- Many asked if the salads have to be washed again before using.
- Answer: No. Fresh Express salads are thoroughly washed, rinsed and gently dried, then sealed in our patented “Keep-Crisp®” breathable bag to keep their just-picked freshness without preservatives. The lettuce needs to be washed only if you use something like the Harvest Originals, example Full Head Lettuce.
- How quickly should the salads be used after opening?
- Answer: They should be used right after opening or if needed within one-two days. The reason for this is their Keep-Crisp® breathable bags that holds in the oxygen to keep it fresh. Once opened it loses that oxygen, then it loses quality and freshness.
- You can find out more about Fresh Express right at their about page! Links at bottom of post.
- Costs of various salads?
- Answer: Prices vary but, typically are between $2.-$4. per bag.
You can access Fresh Express’s healthy recipes online or through a phone app. both are free it’s packed full of great recipes you can use for yourself and your families meal planning. I love adding salads into my meals daily but, I also like variety. That why this is so perfect.
- The 30 day salad swap program makes it easy for you to swap a favorite higher calorie food for a lower calorie Fresh Express Salad that matches the flavor profile.
- The recipes are put together by Chef Britney Ruby Miller and Jessica Fishman Levinson, MS, RD, CDN.
- This post that is brought to you by Fresh Express and Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC. I received coupons for my salads (& to pass out with other information) and attended a online seminar with Fresh Express to help me facilitate my mom’s group meet-up. All opinions are my 100% honest opinions and my own.
- If you are a foodie you can even submit your recipes to them by going to the recipe page and scrolling to the bottom and clicking the pop up!
Best of all from Fresh Express :
- I love that they have product options straight from the field, pre-packs, organic, on the go, large containers, products for juicing and are always bringing new ones to their line up!
- I love their commitment to Food Safety
- Earn Coupons After your purchase of any variety salad you can earn coupons for free salads! (scroll to bottom of page and click how do I get coupons)
- I love the healthier options and recipes from the Fresh Express Recipe page
- Visit the Fresh Express Pinterest page check out their boards and you’ll never be bored with salads again!
Learn More About Fresh Express Online at:
- Fresh Express.com
- Fresh Express Salads Facebook
- Fresh Express Pinterest
White Albacore Tuna Champagne Salad
- Fresh Express Salad Mixes
- 1 bag spring mix
- 1 bag extra carrots
- 1 small container grape tomato s
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cucumbers
- 2-3 cans white albacore tuna packed in water drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- if making two salads use additional and optional ingredients as follows; yellow and red bell peppers, organic tomato s, artichoke hearts and avocado.(note avocado will brown if not served right away!
Pour half of each type Fresh Express Salads into one bowl and the rest into another bowl or use one giant bowl if you prefer.
Wash and chop grape tomato s, green onions, (peel & chop) cucumbers, then add into bowls. Mix in gently.
You can either mix drained tuna into salad gently or add a scoop when dished out onto salad.
Sprinkle top with chopped pecans.
Optional: hard boil three eggs,rinse with cold water and peel. Slice and add to salad. If using boil them prior to starting your salads.
How often do you add salads to your menu planning? Have you hear of Fresh Express’s 30 Day Salad Swap before?