This Chicken Pasta Salad is easy to make, for a side dish, picnic, barbecue or to use for a dinner idea. It’s delicious and healthy!
I love salads like this for the 4th of July and other holidays because it ticks a lot of boxes! Easy to make, healthy, cold (which makes it easy to take to pot lucks and is refreshing for summer dinners) uses one of our favorite pasta noodles bow ties, and you can use your favorite pasta salad dressings with the recipe!
If you are looking for more options. See all our pasta salad recipes to make for get-togethers, holidays, celebrations or just to make for side dishes or an easy dinner. Try any of these delicious cold pasta salad recipes.
Chicken Pasta Salad
You might remember our recipe for Italian Chicken Pasta Salad This recipe is slightly different. If you need step-by-step directions for cooking the chicken pop over to this recipe.
But, you can use pre-cooked chicken, grilled chicken, chicken sausage, or purchase a rotisserie chicken and chop it into bite-size pieces.
Or as mentioned, cook chicken fresh for the pasta salad using the directions from the Italian Chicken Pasta Salad it only takes about 15 minutes.
You can adapt this recipe! Are you a vegetarian? Just leave out the chicken. Or serving vegetarians, and meat-eaters, just keep your chicken in a chilled side dish.
Pasta Salad With Chicken
I’ve always been a fan of pasta salads and often times we just use our favorite seasonal fresh vegetables to make cold salads like this. This recipe is easily adaptable to include your favorite vegetables.
Other ingredients you might like to add to the recipe are avocadoes, cooked corn, chickpeas, celery, peas, red bell pepper, broccoli…You get the idea.
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
- 1 cup of Shredded Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- Half of a Red Onion
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Black Olives
- Canned Artichoke Hearts (optional)
- 1 Basket of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Cooked Chicken (or what you have on hand)
- Cooked Bow Tie Pasta Noodles (or other pasta noodles)
Note: 1 package of bow tie noodles will serve up to 8 people. Half a package will serve up to 4.
- Cook the bow tie noodles according to the directions for al dente noodles. After draining the noodles, rinse them in cold water. Shake off excess water and add them into a large bowl.
- Rinse and chop or slice all your vegetables.
- Slice your black olives and canned artichoke hearts.
- Mix all the ingredients into the bowl with the noodles.
- Add the chopped cooked chicken into the bowl (or) make a separate bowl for adding the chicken to the pasta salad.
Are you serving vegetarians? Omit the chicken or keep it separate.
- Use your favorite pasta salad dressing. Or serve it with bottled dressings for everyone to pick from.
So many options! Ranch Dressing, Honey Mustard Dressing, Cafe Style Dressing… Or make a homemade pasta salad dressing like this.
Notes: Keep the pasta salad chilled. Or in the refrigerator, until ready to serve!
Printable Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
Related pasta salad recipes
- Easy, Healthy Vegetarian Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad (quick and easy!)
- 11 Pasta Salad Recipes To Make!
Not making the recipe now? Pin it for later!
Looking for other salad recipes to make?
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad with Champagne Dressing
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Sweet Potato Pineapple Salad
- Beet, Cucumber, Tomato Salad