Today I want to share with you a few beginning gardening tips. How you can start a garden and maintain your garden. Plus tips for helping you achieve great results by adding mulch your garden this spring or any time of year. Doing this helps the earth and your garden. Plus you get to benefit from having a pretty lawn or growing healthy plants, herbs or a vegetable garden.
When it comes to my garden I am always looking for ways to be greener while helping to maintain it. I love growing roses, raised bed gardening, herb, and vegetable gardening. It’s hard to keep lawns pretty where we live and the heat and frost can be harsh on plants. That’s where mulching comes in to play.
Beginning Gardening Tips
This was originally a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scotts Miracle-Gro for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine. Affiliate links may be included in the post. This post has been updated to help you start gardening and gain knowledge for mulching.
How do to improve your garden’s soil?
Do you want a healthier lawn, outdoor plants, or vegetable garden? First, you need to improve your garden’s soil. I want to produce healthier flowers, lawns, plants, and vegetables while protecting the soil. Mulch is a great way to enhance sustainable gardening. One of the ways you can improve your garden is by using mulch.
By using a mulch like Scotts Naturescapes you can prevent weeds naturally. It is great for mulching around trees, plants, shrubs, flowers, and vegetables after plants have sprouted and or developed. I want my herb garden, flower and rose gardens to be as healthy as possible.
Living in the Central Coast of CA I am always looking for gardening supplies that will help protect my plants from the heat and the frost. Enabling, conserving and enhancing precious soil. My daffodils and roses survived the frost thanks to mulching!
How do you start a garden?
Having a garden, raised herb bed, a raised vegetable garden or small flower garden doesn’t have to be hard. Start with a few select gardening tools that is all you really need to get started, along with a gardening plan. Pick out what you are going to plant, purchase seeds or plants grow.
- Prepare your soil. (how to prepare your garden soil) (how to mulch)
- Plant seeds or plants with proper spacing and in the proper sun or shade area based on the type of plants you are planting.
- Water mindfully and Weed your plants. (article 10 basic gardening tips for beginners)
- Keep up with your garden chores. (article 10 steps to beginning a garden)
- Start small and grow what your family will eat. (article vegetable gardening tips for beginners)
Gardening Tools And Supplies To Start A Garden
- Gardening Books (Basic Organic Gardening) (Vegetable Gardener’s Bible) (Raised Bed Gardening For Beginners)
- Gardening gloves
- Gardening Hoe
- Gardening Rake
- Rose pruners
- Garden Hose
- Garden bucket
- Garden Bucket With Wheels(good for gardening and picking up leaves, pruning cuttings or grass cuttings)
- Garden Seeds
- Wildflower Seeds
- Herb Seeds
- Scotts Nature Scapes mulch (Add around plants, trees, and flowers)
- EZ Seed and Patch Repair Sun and Shade Mulch (Great for lawns)
- Lawn seeds or Patch and Repair Seeds
- You can purchase more things as you need them or want to expand your garden. Start with exactly what you need and add to it as you gain gardening skills and knowledge.
Remember mulch will help maintain moisture, prevent weeds and helps with your landscaping all year long for your gardening needs.
How do you know how much mulch you need?
Use this mulch calculator, enter your garden dimensions and it will help you determine how much mulch you will need.
I want to create a dream garden to sit, read in like this! Don’t you? But, honestly, I am probably switching my garden to have more drought-tolerant flowers and plants, plus a raised bed herb and small vegetable garden.
I am so happy that spring is here and I can work in our backyard garden. Follow us on Pinterest as we pin products and articles to help you achieve a healthier garden and get started planting a garden.
When is the last time you mulched your garden? What are your favorite plants to grow?
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe!
- Follow Us on Pinterest
- DIY Pinterest
- Garden Pinterest
- Garden Designs Pinterest
- For when you are done gardening you may like to make and use our DIY Beauty Recipes for DIY natural hand lotion, sugar scrubs, salt scrubs, bath bombs and more.
- You also might like this easy Cherry Scrub DIY with free printables
DIY Garden Ideas
- DIY Planters
- Woodbox Centerpiece Ideas
- Seed Tags, and Planters DIY
- How to Make a Seed Packet – Free Seed Packet Template –Printable
- Learn How to Make A Terrarium