Today I have an awesome resource for you. Learn the art of making indoor gardens. Have you ever seen terrariums and thought I want to make one. But, never did. Or maybe you did but, something went wrong? With this resource for how to make terrariums, you’ll find all the ins and outs of how to be successful in building a terrarium. They make perfect gifts, home décor and are even great projects for a classroom.
Terrariums Gardens Under Glass
The book is; “Terrariums Gardens Under Glass“ by Maria Colletti. It’s a book about designing, creating and planting indoor modern gardens. I’ve tried to create a terrarium garden before. Then I did I found out there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. This is a great resource for anyone wanting to DIY their own terrariums. Today I’m sharing some of the things I found out from the book along with my review.
- This post may contain affiliate links, at no cost or price change to you. We will earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
How to build a terrarium
Craft Book Review
Quick Overview of Chapters
- The Basics
- The Glass Vessels
- Getting Started
- The Plants
- Modern Indoor Gardening
- Resource Guide, Glossary & Index …
Overview of the craft book
The author Maria shares insider tips from years of experience. She shares what worked and did not work for her when designing and maintaining terrariums. She also shares tips from other industry retailers, growers, and designers.
What you’ll find in the indoor garden books chapters
- In chapter one, it covers different designs, themes or seasonal ideas.
- Chapter two covers the basics. Covering tools, ingredients, the importance of various soils. It also touches on top dressings and designs.
- Chapter three offers many types of options for housing your terrariums. From traditional, unique, glass to modern.
- Chapter four offers step by step images. This is helpful for creating your own terrariums. In this chapter, it even covers air plants. I really enjoyed this chapter as it is very visual along with having detailed instructions.
- Chapter five has some really detailed options for choosing plants. This section also includes a list of the best terrarium and modern indoor gardening plants.
- Chapter six wraps things up with modern inspirations from Japanese Zen inspiration. Then covers mosses. The chapter finishes with floating gardens.
- Chapter sevens all about the maintenance basics and troubleshooting. Moving onto watering methods, pruning and rebuilding.
About The Book’s Author
The author Maria Colletti has degrees in both horticulture and cultural anthropology. You can find out more about her in the author section at the end of the book.
Final Thoughts on this DIY craft book
I found this book to be a great resource for anyone wanting to DIY their own terrarium s. It has pretty images and step by step images in various sections of the book. The step by step images and instructions make this book very user-friendly. There is very detailed information to help you be successful in creating your own indoor garden. There is also great information to help you be successful at maintaining healthy indoor gardens – terrariums.
- I did receive a complimentary copy to facilitate my review. These are my 100% honest opinions.
- The book is published by Cool Springs Press © 2015
- Author & Photography by Maria Colletti
- If you’d like to preview pages in the book you can on Amazon. The book is available in both Kindle format and Paperback.
- If you are using the book as a resource you might enjoy checking out these terrarium kits.
- Don’t forget to subscribe for more DIY, resources and more.
Related DIY garden Posts
- DIY Gardening Gift Terrarium Crafts
Be sure to subscribe for our newsletter, and free stuff. Pin post for later.
- You also might like this easy Cherry Scrub DIY with free printables
- See all our Free Printables
- See all our Mother’s Day Ideas
- DIY Planters
- Woodbox Centerpiece Ideas
- Herb Garden Kit DIY
- Follow Us on Pinterest
- DIY Pinterest
- Garden Pinterest
- Woodbox Centerpiece Ideas
- Seed Tags, and Planters DIY
- How to Make a Seed Packet – Free Seed Packet Template –Printable