Are you looking for handmade gift ideas? Or Mother’s Day ideas? How about creating your own Mother’s Day gift DIY. We are sharing a gardening gift for mom. Today’s gift idea for Mother’s Day is for a herb garden kit DIY. We are sharing how you can put together, and make this easy garden gift idea for mom. It comes with free printable tags.
This garden kit also can also be used for Earth Day, spring birthday gifts, Father’s Day Gifts, and a teacher appreciation gift. Anyone who loves gardening would enjoy receiving this garden gift that you make. Or take the homemade gift idea and run with it by using flower seeds, garden seeds or even adding plants.
Herb Garden Kit DIY
Mother’s Day Gift DIY
How to Make a Herb Garden Kit
● Paper Gift Bag
● Small clear cellophane gift bag
● Gardening gloves
● Potting soil
● Seed starting trays or small pots
● 4 packs of herb seeds including Thyme
● Hole punch
● Printed Herb Garden Kit Label
● Printed Herb Garden Gift Tag
Gather your supplies and follow the instructions for making your herb garden gift
Gather your garden supplies, and follow the directions below to make your garden gift bag.
- Grab the printables here (Printed Herb Garden Kit Label ), and here (free Mother’s Day gift tag).
- Head over to see them, Print them, and follow the directions 2 through 4
Instructions for Garden Kit
How to make a herb garden kit
1. Fill a small cellophane gift bag partly full of enough potting soil to fill the seed trays or small pots included in your garden kit. Tie the bag closed with a ribbon.
2. Cut out the printed herb garden kit label.
3. Peel the backing off of the label, and attach it to the front of the gift bag near the top.
4. Punch a hole into the corner of the printed herb garden gift tag.
5. Use ribbon to tie together the four packets of herb seeds, being sure to put the pack of Thyme seeds on the top. Slide the gift tag onto the ribbon, and tie it closed around the seed packs with a bow.
6. Fold the gloves into a neat roll, and secure with glued or taped ribbon (felt ribbon pink) (felt ribbon lime).
7. When you are ready to give your herb garden kit as a gift, place the items neatly into the paper gift bag, and top with some colorful tissue paper.
Variations of the garden kit
make an indoor herb garden kit by purchasing kitchen herb seeds and indoor flowers and plants, for indoor garden containers.
- Pin it for Later (DIY Herb Garden Gift For Mom) Pin it for Later (DIY HERB Garden Kit)
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
- Follow Us on Pinterest
- DIY Pinterest
- Garden Pinterest
Here are a few more garden DIYs you might like to make for gift ideas for gardeners
- Woodbox Centerpiece Ideas
- How to Make a Seed Packet – Free Seed Packet Template –Printable
- How To Make Seed Bombs
- Herb Garden Kit DIY
- Seed Tags, and Planters DIY
Here are a few more Mother’s Day Gift ideas
- The Best Mother’s Day Gift Ideas – A gift guide full of ideas for what you can give mom for Mother’s Day. These gift ideas can be used for moms, grandma or auntie.
- Gift Ideas for Mom That She’ll Love
- Pick Gift Ideas For Creative Moms
- Want to help the kids make a few handmade gifts for mom? Kid’s Felt Craft Projects Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas For Mom She’ll Love
- Trendy Affordable Gift Ideas
- Handmade Gift Ideas
- Gift Ideas For Creative Moms
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas