What if I told you that you could serve lunch or dinner in 15 minutes or less? This meal is full of flavor by using a few quality ingredients you most probably have on hand. Today I’m sharing a simple recipe for Spaghetti with Garlic.
It really only takes a few quality ingredients to have a quick pasta lunch or pasta dinner. I love meals like this, they are refreshing, light, and flavorful! This pasta recipe just might have you licking the dish! Or maybe grab some French bread to dip into the olive oil!
Of course, I love making easy lasagna or spaghetti and meatballs but, I love cooking a variety of Italian recipes. Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil is perfect if you are looking for a light pasta dinner. And a great dinner idea for spring, summer, and fall when the weather is warmer.
Spaghetti With Garlic
I received products for free to try in my recipe. This post is compensated by Mom’s Meet and FlavorYourLife.com This page may contain affiliate links, at no charge to you.
This recipe for spaghetti with garlic and olive oil uses a few pantry staples. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (This makes all the difference when it comes to taste!), salt, pepper, dried chili flakes (optional), and spaghetti noodles. For the fresh ingredients garlic cloves (a staple in my house for cooking) and fresh Italian parsley. Don’t let me stop you from shaking parmesan cheese on the top if you like.
- 8-ounces Spaghetti Noodles
- Half of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup of Italian Parsley (minced)
- Chili Pepper Flakes (optional)
How to make spaghetti with garlic and olive oil
- Cook the spaghetti al dente according to the package directions.
- While the spaghetti is cooking – Mince the garlic cloves and Italian parsley.
- Add the drained spaghetti into a bowl.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of olive oil into the cooked noodles.
- Stir in the minced garlic and minced Italian parsley, salt, and pepper to taste (and optional chili pepper flakes).
- Serve and enjoy!
For variations to the recipe, top with Parmesan cheese. You are going to love eating this spaghetti recipe anytime! Our hero for flavoring was the Le Stagioni D’ Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has a flavor profile of artichokes and almonds. Hello, yummy meal!
We adapted this recipe for Spaghetti with olive oil garlic and chili flakes. See a video in the recipe card for how to cook the garlic… This simple spaghetti with garlic recipe has only a few more steps. Extra virgin olive oil has a high smoking point and is suitable for cooking and baking. (400 degrees F smoke point)
- Find out more below about using Extra Virgin Olive Oils in your recipes and to print the recipe!
It’s not the first time I’ve been part of a #FlavorYourLife campaign. You might remember this recipe for Olive Oil Sugar Cookies I made using extra virgin olive oil. Find more tips on the selection of olive oils, knowing the different flavor profiles of olive oil. Below are a few tips every home cook should know about cooking with olive oils.
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe. Grab our bonus printable recipe binder, cooking resources, and never miss a post with our newsletter!
- Don’t forget to Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Tips For Using Extra Virgin Olive Oils
- With a high smoking point of 400°F extra virgin olive oil is suitable for cooking and can enhance any dish by drizzling on as a finisher.
- Store oil in a dark cool pantry away from heat and light, which causes decay.
- 57°F is the best temperature for storing and beware not to store your oil next to the stove.
- Make sure the cap is screwed on tight after each use to protect it from the air.
- To ensure freshness, consume oil within 6 months from opening.
What is the FlavorYourLife about?
The Flavor Your Life campaign aims to educate North American consumers about authentic Extra Virgin Olive. They want to debunk misconceptions while empowering consumers.
Why Choose European Olive Oils?
The extra virgin olive oil I used in my recipe was the Le Stagioni D’ Italia is a brand. They take pride in bringing authentic Italian foods from seed to shelf. This olive oil is harvested in Italy. It is vegan, gluten-free, and contains no additives or preservatives. And has a flavor profile of artichoke and almond… You can find it at the Grocery Outlet stores.