Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? We love creating tabletop decor for our home. Today’s centerpiece idea is for Mini Glittered Rainbow Pots of Gold DIY. This is a quick, and easy St.Patrick’s Day Craft that is one of our spring craft ideas.
St. Patrick’s Day Pots of Gold DIY
You can use this for a centerpiece by placing your pots into a wooden tray, box or basket, and adding moss around the base of the pots. A few of my favorites are reindeer moss, and super moss .(comes with more than green)
Mini Glitter Rainbow Pots
- (6) 2.5 in. clay pots
- Glitter in rainbow colors
- White school glue or Mod Podge
- Plastic gold coins in green and gold or Plastic gold coins
- Optional box or basket, and moss listed above (if making a centerpiece)
- Paint one terra cotta pot with white school glue using a paintbrush. Do one section at a time.
- Holding the pot with your fingers inside, sprinkle some glitter onto the glue on the pot with your other hand.
- Continue to paint the glue on the pot and sprinkle the glitter on the glue until the entire pot is covered in a layer of glitter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 with the rest of your pots and glitter colors.
- Let the pots dry completely, and then knock the bottoms of them together gently over the garbage or a paper plate to remove the excess glitter.
- Fill each of the mini glitter pots with plastic gold coins to create a colorful display.
Step 2 – 3
Carefully set glittered pot down to dry.
Repeat the process until all the pots are glittered. Let dry completely. Note: If using just glue, an optional step would be covering with Mod Podge. Shake excess glitter off pots, and fill with plastic gold coins.
You can set these on a table, or create a centerpiece with them or fill them with gold coin candies to pass out to your kids or grand kids. If passing them out you can wrap them with cellophane, and ribbon.
New here? Don’t forget to subscribe
More fun and easy ideas for St. Patrick’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day Cupcake Toppers free printables
- Fun and Delightful St. Patrick’s Day Books
- St. Patrick’s Day Hoop Art
- St. Patrick’s Day Mini Canvas DIY
- Easy Spring Centerpiece
What types of crafts do you enjoy?