Before you know it spring will be here. Are you looking for home decor ideas for spring or Easter home decor? I love creating home decor DIYs, and easy DIY centerpieces. Do you? This year I thought I’d get a jump on planning my spring decor, and share an idea I have for an easy spring centerpiece.
Easy Spring Centerpiece
Making your own home decor DIYs can be budget friendly. Especially if you have a few craft supplies already on hand. You might remember my Spring – Easter Centerpiece from last year? I shared how you can decoupage your wooden eggs, and create a centerpiece with them.
This year, I pulled out a few pieces from my fall centerpiece to use for decorating this spring. These past projects were so easy to make, and everyone loved how it looked displayed on the table.
I spotted this decorated hurricane candle holder, and thought it was such a pretty decoration for an Easter table. But, then I remembered I have a hurricane candle holder from all the DIY weddings for my family we had a several years ago. Why not make this? You can if you are crafty. If not, you could try it’s easy just follow the instructions below. Or you can head over to shop pretty spring-Easter decor. Would you make it or buy it?
How To Make Your Own Spring-Easter Centerpiece
- Add a candle to your hurricane
- Cut your garland, and grab flowers
- Paint wooden eggs or grab pre decorated eggs (12 pack painted speckled eggs)
- Decorate your hurricane vase
- Place completed centerpiece on table, bookshelf, side table or coffee table
- You can make it for about 40-50% less than purchasing it pre-made. Depending on the supplies you purchase.
Supplies for a spring or Easter centerpiece
- Hurricane Candle Holder
- Greenery – Garland
- Little flowers (comes in several color options)
- Mixed Petals
- Wood eggs
- Robin Egg Blue, and Dark Brown acrylic paints ( or spring sampler set)
- 1 paintbrush
- Water container for paints (and paper towels)
- Hot glue gun, with glue sticks.
If you have craft supplies, you may only need a few items from the list to make a centerpiece.
How to decorate your hurricane vase
- First you’ll want to paint your wood eggs with the robin nest blue let them dry. Add dots, or add speckles to your eggs. (see links to video tutorials below)
- Cut your green garland about 3 or more times the diameter of the vase
- Wrap greenery around vase
- Hot glue greenery to a few points on the vase to secure it
- Next place your dried painted eggs, and flowers in the greenery
- Glue down your embellishments when you like the arrangement
- Now your ready to display your completed decoration
Spring decoration ideas
How do you speckle eggs?
You need to first paint your egg one color with your acrylic paints, and let it dry. Then add speckles with a dark brown acrylic paint, by first watering down your paint. Use watered down paint (75% paint / 25% water) or slightly more for speckling your eggs. Test on a blank paper first, to check the consistency of the paint. Too wet, too drippy. Not wet enough, won’t speckle. These two video tutorials are good resources if you have never tried it.
- How to Speckle Eggs Using a Toothbrush
- This video shows it being done, but doesn’t share the watering down process. How to Speckle Eggs with a Paintbrush
Optional greenery ideas for your centerpiece
- Ivy Garland (12 large pieces)
- Flocked Moss
- Artificial Rose Vine with Flowers (several color options)
- Ivy Greenery Garland (16 ft)
Looking for more ideas for spring or Easter?