Do you enjoy doing felt crafts? We do, and today’s St.Patrick’s Day craft. We made felt hoop art with clovers. It’s a no-sew project with minimal supplies needed.
Don’t worry if you can’t draw you can take an image of a four-leaf clover, and put it onto a window to trace. Or print, and cut out the shapes. This is a fun, and easy 30 minutes to 1-hour crafts project. First, you need to paint your hoop or buy one painted. Optionally you could use a permanent ink pen to color your hoop.
- See the supplies, and tutorial for this felt craft project below.
The hoop I used is a mini oval hoop but, you can use any size you have or purchase. Just make sure to have enough felt for your project. I had leftover wool felt but, you can use craft store felt too.
St.Patrick’s Day Felt Hoop Art
Looking for something else to make? See our – St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Wood hoop oval or wood hoop round
- Felt or wool felt
- Tacky Glue or Elmer’s Glue (*Must dry clear and be good for using on fabric)
- Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint – (color- New Life) or Americana Decor Sample Paint Pack
- Craft Twinkles Writer *Gold
- Ribbon, twine or string
- Small Sewing Scissors
Crafts Spring: St. Patrick’s Day Directions;
- Paint your wood hoop, or purchase a colored embroidery hoop.
- Next dry with a heat gun or air dry.
- Then enclose felt into the hoop.
- Flip over and cut off the excess.
- I cut my felt clovers out freehand but, I have included an image you can take to PicMonkey and re-size to the size you need and gently trace it off your computer screen or place on a window to trace it. recolor, print & trace. To draw one freehand just make little heart shapes meeting at the center point then bring the line down for the stem.
- Then carefully follow the top edge of the hoop adding your glitter glue paint and let dry completely.
- When fully dry cut ribbon or twine string for hanging.
- Loop the string through the hoop adjusters, and tie at the top.
- Now it’s ready to hang.
I hope you enjoy this St. Patrick’s Day craft idea.
Do you celebrate St.Patrick’s Day? What types of spring crafts do you enjoy?
Want to try another craft?
Crafts To Make
- St.Patrick’s Day Round-Up Easy Crafts And Recipes
- Mixed Media St. Patrick’s Day DIY craft
- Spring Crafts
- Craft Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Crafts