Have you been seeing a cooking revolution going on? Well, maybe not a revolution. There are a lot of cooking trends going on right now. Along with one of the hottest trending food cooking tools in the kitchen! Hopefully, this article will have you expanding your cooking skills and your family recipes.
Cooking Trends and Tools
Recently I’ve been noticing a few new food trends and reading about them too. Are you a foodie? Do you love hearing about or trying the latest kitchen tools?
Let me talk about a few healthy food trends and then talk about the hottest trending food cooking tool in the kitchen right now!
- Reducing your red meat consumption to be healthier? Add chickpeas, mushrooms, and legumes to your meal plans. Vegan recipes. Chicken and other easy recipes.
- Re-Purposing scrap foods. The concept is all about using vegetable skins, stalks, and leaves, reducing waste. Make your own stock with vegetable scraps. If this isn’t one you can wrap your head around a green can or kitchen composter are two awesome alternatives.
- Who doesn’t like a good cocktail? Well, the healthier version is the mocktails. (But, you’ll find drink recipes for both)
Why Get An Instant Pot?
Now, the hottest kitchen tool! Drum roll, please…..What is the hottest cooking tool in the kitchen right now? The Instant Pot. Update! I purchased the Instant Pot and have loved it you can find all the recipes I have been cooking in it by scrolling down to the link or in the recipe index! What I love it has settings for slow cooking too, just like a crockpot.
But, if you are looking for cooking things fast; The difference between this kitchen tool vs the slow cookers is that high-pressure cookers reducing cook times by 70%, and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food.
In our busy daily life what’s not to love about reducing your cooking times? Especially as we are trying to juggle it all; home, jobs, small biz, kids schedules, team sports… The Instant Pot equals fast, flexible cooking. Do you own one? Have you purchased an Instant Pot yet?
If not, learning how to use the Instant Pot is very easy. Here are a few key points. But, always read the entire manual for your Instant Pot!
- Read the manual.
- Rinse your new Instant Pot insert/container out prior to using it.
- Remember to attach the overflow plastic container on the back. (empty as needed after cooking recipes)
- Know how to turn it on, off, and saute.
- Find easy recipes for the Instant Pot.
- Be sure to follow the directions on the recipe.
- Know where the sealing valve is on the top.
- Know, how and when to switch it to the release valve.
- Countdown time.
- Make The Most of Your Insta Pot
They even have a Blue-Tooth Enabled Instant Pot. Program and monitor cooking with a free app from Android/iPhone/iPad; Expand the functionality by upgrading the free app and adding other recipe apps
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer and Warmer
- 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs
- Dual pressure
- Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for sauteing and slow cook
- Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice
What food trends we have spotted
A few other healthy eating ingredients are dark chocolate and the spice turmeric both have medicinal qualities to them that help aide your body.
- Dark chocolate is good for you by lowering blood pressure, is loaded with antioxidants, and lower heart disease… Do you love dark chocolate? I do!
- Do you cook with turmeric? Turmeric an anti-inflammatory.
Other cooking trends are learning to cook recipes from around the world and kicking up your cooking skills from zero to a foodie!
- Learn to cook online: Italian soups, pasta sauces, Mexican street food ….. and / or see all online cooking classes up to 50% off
When I purchase the composter I’ll be sure to let you know which one I got and how I like it. Right now the food class I’m taking is how to make the perfect pizza at home, which you can find from the link above. I’ll keep you posted on my cooking adventures and everything going on in the kitchen!
I’d love to know if you have cooked with an Insta Pot and are you loving it? Feel free to leave me a comment here or on our Facebook fan page. We’d love to know.
- New here? Be sure to subscribe to all our posts and get our bonus, free recipe binder printables! Which includes more cooking resources.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
In The Kitchen
Helpful posts about good kitchen tools to own
- Best Baking Tool To Own
- Best Casserole Dishes for Baking
- Tips for Buying a Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- 25 Kitchen Tools To Make Summer Cooking A Breeze
- Strawberry Smoothie + Vitamix Review
- Ozeri Kitchen Scale Review
- Why Kitchen Shears Can Be A Cook’s Best Friend
- Tips For Purchasing A Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- Smoothie 101 Zero To Hero
- Waring Pro Blender + Smoothie Recipe
- Mango Salsa + Vidalia Chopper
- Grilled Chicken Marinade + Indoor Grill
- Coffee Lovers Gift Guide
- Teaching Kids and Teens To Bake
- Cupcake Tips and Tools