Have you been seeing a cooking revolution going on? Well, maybe not a revolution. There are a lot of cooking trends going on right now. Along with one of the hottest trending food cooking tools in the kitchen! Hopefully, this article will have you expanding your cooking skills and your family recipes.
In The Kitchen
Cooking Trends and Tools
Recently I’ve been noticing a few new food trends and reading about them too. Are you a foodie? Do you love hearing about or trying the latest kitchen tools?
Let me talk about a few healthy food trends and then talk about the hottest trending food cooking tool in the kitchen right now!
- Reducing your red meat consumption to be healthier? Add chickpeas, mushrooms and legumes to your meal plans. Vegan recipes. Chicken and other easy recipes.
- Re-Purposing scrap foods. The concept is all about using vegetable skins, stalks and leaves, reducing waste. Make your own stock with vegetable scraps. If this isn’t one you can wrap your head around a green can or kitchen composter are two awesome alternatives.
- Who doesn’t like a good cocktail? Well, the healthier version is the mocktails. (But, you’ll find drink recipes for both)
Now, the hottest kitchen tool! Drum roll please…..What is the hottest cooking tool in the kitchen right now? The Instant Pot. I have to admit I have not used one myself. But, have seen them demonstrated on Facebook Live and considered purchasing one. Especially since I love my crock-pot /slow cooker so much.
The difference with between this kitchen tool vs the slow cookers? These are high pressure cookers reducing cook times by 70% and the low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food.
In our busy daily life what’s not to love about reducing your cooking times? Especially as we are trying to juggle it all; home, jobs, small biz, kids schedules, team sports…. The Instant Pot equals fast, flexible cooking. Do you own one? Have you dived in head first to this new cooking trend??
They even have a Blue-Tooth Enabled Instant Pot. Program and monitor cooking with a free app from Android/iPhone/iPad; Expand functionality by upgrading the free app and adding other recipe apps
- 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer and Warmer
- 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs
- Dual pressure
- Automatic keep-warm and 3 temperatures for saute and slow cook
- Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, Pasteurize and Fermented Rice
A few other healthy eating ingredients are dark chocolate and the spice turmeric both have medicinal qualities to them that help aide your body.
- Dark chocolate is good for you by lowering blood pressure, is loaded with anti oxidants and lower heart disease… Do you love dark chocolate? I do!
- Do you cook with turmeric? Turmeric an anti inflammatory.
Other cooking trends are learning to cook recipes from around the world and kicking up your cooking skills from zero to foodie!
- Learn to cook online: Italian soups, pasta sauces, Mexican street food ….. and / or see all online cooking classes up to 50% off
When I purchase either of the Insta Pots or a composter I’ll be sure to give you the 411. Right now the food class I’m taking is how to make the perfect pizza at home, which you can find from the link above. I’ll keep you posted of my cooking adventures and everything going on in the kitchen!
I’d love to know if you have cooked with an Insta Pot and are you loving it? Pros and cons…..Feel free to leave me a comment here or on our Facebook fan page. We’d love to know.
Don’t miss out subscribe to all our posts.