Summer Crafts – Hello, friends! Schools are out for summer! The days are getting hotter and you will be looking for things to do. Why not add fun things and activities to do in the summer? Like crafting…
The projects can be done indoors or outdoors. Get ready to pick a craft and start a new project any time you are ready for doing something fun. There are activities for sunny days, hot days, and rainy days. Find projects for everyone! Projects skill levels from easy, beginning crafters to projects for the more advanced crafter.
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
Summer crafts: Find easy summer crafts to do! Crafts with instructions, templates, and directions. There are craft projects for kids, tweens, teens, and adults. You can set up the kids with the supplies or do activities with them! Find projects for all ages and skill levels of crafters.
Summer Crafts To Make
- Do you remember this post? DIY Summer Camp. I have my grandkids over every summer. We do lots of activities and summer camp craft ideas. Keeping them busy is a must. Mamas and grandmas, there are a lot of ideas and resources to keep the kids busy in this post! Plus, I try to update it yearly.
- Kids Activity Jar DIY – Make this jar filled with activities to keep the kids busy! Let them pick something to do!
- Tweens, teens (and even the older kids) will enjoy painting CDs. This is a fun and easy paint craft. Get tips, and instructions for how-to paint CDs!
- Unicorn Dream Catcher DIY. This unicorn craft project can be for a tween, teen, or adult. Unicorn lovers, you will enjoy these unicorn DIYs!
- Throw a Tie-Dye Party! Tie-dye projects are fun for tweens, teens, and adults. Older kids can do this too.
- How to Make a Butterfly Feeder and Butterfly House. This is a fun outdoor summer activity for the kids.
- Are your tweens or teens loving Star Wars? Star Wars Tee Shirts DIY with templates.
- 45 Kids’ Crafts and Activities – Keep the kids busy and have fun while learning!
- DIY Candle Making – A few months ago we made candles! And it was so much fun. Supervision will be needed for this craft.
Find more things to craft, DIY, and make.
There are just too many to list. Find them here:
Don’t forget to print out the Summer Bucket List Printable – filled with ideas and activities for summer!
Summer Crafting Resources We Love! And You Will Too!!
- Right now! You can get 60 days of CreativeBug free! It is where you, teens, tweens, and the kids can learn how to make crafts! Find so many projects in various mediums. Find them for every age level! (patterns, instructions, and video tutorials come with the classes.)Pop over to see all the great ideas you can make! There are 214 online craft classes for kids!
- Become a Craftsy Premium Member for ONLY $2.49! Regular price – $97! Code: A37204 must be used for the discount. Cannot be combined with other offers. One use per customer.
- If you are serious about crafting (Craft/Maker Classes), photography, and learning things. Buy a class or get a subscription to CreativeLive. You can even watch free live classes!
I’ve taken so many helpful online crafting classes to learn new things or hone in on a skill! These are some of my favorite places online to take classes! And find crafting classes online for kids too.
Get inspiration and ideas from magazines and e-magazines. Do you? Get $5 off any instant download with the code: INSTANTIDEAS
Or you can get a creative magazine delivered to your home. Get $20 off Subscriptions plus a free gift! I’m a huge fan of art journaling magazines… Pop over to find inspiration and ideas.
Things To Remember
Entertaining kids in the summer is a real balancing act! Have plenty of time for outdoor activities, indoor activities, crafts, reading, playtime with friends (and siblings), and downtime.
Pick age-related crafts
Allow them to get bored, give them access to the best arts and crafts supplies for kids, and allow them to make things on their own. Using their imagination is important. They need creative free play and creative playtime. Don’t forget to add music to your days too! Dance, jiggle, and have fun! We call it getting the wiggles out.
Crafts and Craft Kits:
- Glow in the Dark Rock Painting
- Fun and Easy Kids Craft Kits
- Kids Crafts and Boredom Busters
- Kids Activities, Science and Art Kits (for boys and girls)
- DIY Beauty Products
Hope summer is off to a great start and these tips and ideas will help you! Be sure to tag us @DearCreatives on Instagram and Twitter with your finished projects we’d love to see them!
Let the summer crafting begin. Happy Summer!
- New here? Be sure to Subscribe.
- Pin it for Later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Shop our favorites on Amazon
Related Posts and Resources!
Ideas To Make This Summer!
- Find easy DIY Jewelry
- Felt Crafts Projects
- Sewing Gallery and Sewing (learn or teach them how to sew)
- Easy DIY Projects
- For Teens and Adults – DIY Beauty Recipes (Make homemade beauty recipes: bath bombs, sugar scrubs, and lip balms …)
- Home Decor DIY
- Unicorn Crafts
- Use our free patterns and templates to make a variety of DIY Coasters
- Patriotic Crafts and Recipes
- DIY Patriotic Tray
- Cricut Crafts
- Journaling and Art Journaling
- Free Printables – printable summer bucket lists, planners, chore charts, reading checklists…
- Make a summer wreath like this: a succulent wreath with butterflies!
- Or make a patriotic wreath!
- CRAFT IDEAS