Are you looking for kids activities for the summer? We are sharing how to make this Kids Activity Jar DIY – This includes a free printable summer activities list. Trust me, you will want to make this boredom buster jar and never hear those dreaded words. “I’m bored!”
Summer activities for kids and summer activities for preschoolers are a must when they will be home with you all day, every day. We have you covered for all your summer needs and beyond. Keep your kids entertained, busy and happy! Plus, grab ideas, crafts and other fun stuff that you can do with your kids this summer.
You might remember this post where I shared how you can DIY Summer Camp. It also includes a summer bucket list and more. It’s just one of our series of ideas for kids and crafts for kids. See how to keep your kids busy in the summer months. These are also packed with fun, free activities for the kids.
Kids Activity Jar
We love summer. Staycation mode or traveling mode. But, one thing is for sure, you need things to keep your kids busy! Summer lasts a long time. Summer seems longer if there is nothing to do. Then, the summer blues can set in.
You will be hearing those dreaded words, “I’m Bored.” Ain’t no mama got time for that! Or grandma! That’s when this boredom buster jar comes in handy! It’s a jar filled with kids activities they can pick from to do.
Call it a Kids Activity Jar, Boredom Buster Jar or I’m Bored Jar. No matter what you call it, make this activity jar is filled with ideas kids can do when they are bored. The best part is all the activities are free!
You can never have too many ideas or planned things to do with the kids as a mom, grandma or parent. Right? I love taking my grandkids for the week but, hearing what’s next or what can we do or I’m bored is the worst. There has to be a balance of activities that are fun and help you get the everyday chores done.
Because ultimately that will ensure there is time for even more fun! This activity list includes fun stuff to do for the kids and kids chores. Keeping your home organized or clean with the kids home isn’t easy. Right? Neither is keeping the activities flowing but, with these boredom busters, you are one step ahead of the kids.
Summer Boredom Busters List
Giving them a balance of outdoor activities when it’s cool, indoor projects for when it’s hot and quiet time ideas for when they are tired. Will help you balance it all.
- Having ideas in a jar that they can pick from will make it seem even more fun.
- Will you let them swap ideas?
- Or trade ideas they pick?
- Well, that is up to you.
- Make a game of it!
Let’s make this summer fun happen!
I’m Bored Activity Jar
- Free Printable summer boredom busters list
- Free Printable “I’m Bored” – jar label
- Pint-size jar
- Rainbow craft sticks
- Glue stick
- White paper
- Shipping Tape for label *optional
How to make a boredom buster jar
- Print the summer boredom busters list and jar label on plain copy white paper.
- Cut out each boredom buster on the summer bucket list along the lines.
- Glue one boredom buster on a craft stick and place it inside the jar.
- Continue until all boredom busters, kids activities have been glued onto a stick.
- Cut out the jar label along the outer edge.
- Attach the label to the jar using glue or tape.
Tada! You are done. Or you can decorate your lid.
FREE PRINTABLE Summer Bucket List
Keep all the popsicle sticks with activities handy by closing the lid until needed. Optionally you can decorate your jar lid.
How to decorate the mason jar lid
- Decorate your lid by drawing a circle on paper with the size of your lid.
- Next, cut the circle out
- Then glue it to the top of your mason jar lid.
- Replace the ring over the top (if your jar has a ring)
- Screw onto the top of the jar.
This part is optional but, I enjoy using coordinating papers to make the jar look pretty. Even add a little ribbon to the jar if you like. What’s great about this bucket list of activities is that many of the activities can be used for other seasons; spring, summer, fall, and winter. Especially, if you live in the warmer climates.
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe and never miss out on ideas for the kids and you!
- Pin it for later
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Summer Pinterest
- Kids Arts and Crafts Pinterest
We hope you enjoy printing and making this to help you keep the kids busy this summer.
Looking for more ideas for kids?
Don’t leave without getting these summer ideas for your kids.
Summer ideas for kids
- Crafts for Kids
- DIY Summer Camp
- Free Printable Reading List
- DIY Star Wars Tee Shirts (easy with free templates)
- 15 Ways to Spark Your Kids Love of Reading (Includes a free printable reading log. Perfect for tracking summer reading and more activities to do with your kids!)
- More Boredom Buster Printables
- Unicorn DIYs
- 10 Fun and Free Summer Activities
- Summer Craft Ideas
Books for Kids
This list includes craft kits and craft activities for kids.
Don’t forget to subscribe!