Today I’m going to share a warm, delicious Spinach Mushroom Quiche recipe along with a few tips for creating an easy holiday spread perfect for your gatherings.
- This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. (#CollectiveBias) and its advertiser. All text, images, my opinions are 100% honest and mine alone.
Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
When it comes to entertaining over the holiday season there are so many ways to create a spread that will not break the bank, yet leave your guests impressed. With a little pre-planning and I like to #ChooseSmart by Warehouse Store shopping you can create a brunch, luncheon or even breakfast dinner spread that is oh, so yummy and has holiday flair to it! Just entertaining our family can be costly as we are such a big group which has made me much more budget conscious without sacrificing style or taste!
My goal was to keep this spread simple and under $50 yet, not sacrifice style! I know, your saying to yourself no way! But, really it can be done. The meal plan is simple; a broccoli mushroom quiche, a bagel spread, fresh fruit, and granola with vanilla yogurt. The drinks; mimosas, cranberry raspberry juice and coffee. When my family gathers we create meal plans just like this only a little less festive for everyday gatherings.
Broccoli Mushroom Quiche ingredients
- Broccoli Cuts (frozen)
- Pre-made or homemade pie crust
- Heavy Cream
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Small Container of Ricotta Cheese
- Garlic clove or crushed garlic
- Italian Herb Seasonings
- Salt and Pepper
- I picked up the other items at the same time by shopping at our nearby Smart & Final store in Paso Robles, CA.
- Full recipe at end of post
What I love about making quiche is that you can whip them up ahead of time if you like, serve them warm or at room temperature. The recipe is easily adaptable, if you prefer you can always substitute spinach or a mixed vegetable mix instead of the broccoli cuts. Pick your favorite cheese and substitute it if these aren’t your favorites!
Tips for setting up your table for entertaining
You can do a lot of the prep in advance by preparing and covering in the refrigerator until needed. Nobody likes scrambling at the last minute, finding out they forgot something or even feeling rushed by doing these simple things you’ll be able to spend quality time with your guests.
- Pre-slice your bagels arranging them on a platter *First Street bagels come pre-sliced!
- Put your whipped cream cheese in a pretty dish with a spreader
- In pretty cups or bowls add your vanilla yogurt topped with granola, place them on a tray for serving or for a casual brunch create a yogurt bar area
- Set up a coffee bar area with sugar, creamer (brew up a fresh pot just as guests arrive or use your one cup brewers)
- Have all your utensils, cups, plates set out in advance (you can purchase all these at Smart & Final along with your groceries!)
- Add touches such as flowers, ornaments in a vase, decorative cloche, twigs or branches and don’t forget candles
- Candles are an easy way to make your food area look festive
- Cloth napkins that are reusable can add a touch of elegance
- Cover your table or island with a pretty table cloth
Pre-chill your champagne or sparkling wine. Mix up a batch of Mimosas. (mimosa recipe is 1/2 champagne to 1/2 orange juice) Easy! I love entertaining by setting up self serve you can mingle, guests enjoy getting their favorite foods. You can create style that’s not formal. For me entertaining is all about your guests having a good time and feeling comfortable.
I like to #ChooseSmart by shopping at my favorite local Smart & Final Store. With their great prices helping me to keep to my budget yet create a great spread for less. Plus I love the everyday savings! You might remember me telling you about how happy I was they opened one up nearby me! Smart & Final is a great place to do a one-stop shopping of everything from produce to meats.
These were the items I used in my recipe and holiday entertaining spread!
How to Make Quiche
Broccoli Mushroom Quiche Recipe
Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
- 2 cups Broccoli Cuts 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 package Mushrooms wash and chop or slice.
- 1 Onion (small onion) peeled and chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- Butter and a little olive oil for sauteing
- 2 Pre-made or homemade pie crust pie crust pre-made
- 5 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian Herb Seasonings
- Salt and Pepper to taste - pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper
Pre- bake pie crust according to packaged directions. Or pre make and bake ahead of time! Let Cool.
Saute chopped onion, garlic, mushrooms with a tablespoon of butter, a little olive oil, dash of salt and pepper. Set to side until needed.
Whisk 5 eggs and cream slightly with half n half. Add the veggies. Add the 2 cups broccoli cuts (frozen) Add all the cheese. Salt Add 1 tsp. Italian Herbs, a dash more salt and pepper. Mix gently Then: Pour dividing into pre- baked pie crust and bake at 350* until center is set about 30 - 45 minutes. Tent if necessary towards end to prevent crust from burning.
This makes two quiches in a pre-made pie crusts. You may only need 4 Eggs if your eggs are extra large! Optionally, you can make homemade pie crusts for your quiche recipe.
I love the big selections and First Street Granola is one of our favorites this is where I shop for my cereal and granola choices! Smart & Final carries warehouse size items without a club fee, making shopping easy, less expensive and less daunting to shop in than a big warehouse store. Smart & Final is a perfect place for you to shop for all your food needs, bakery items, etc. I really like their First Street brand items, talk about savings and quality!
- To find more great recipes visit Smart & Final’s Community
- Connect with Smart & Final on Twitter and Facebook
What is a dish, recipe or tip you have for entertaining?