Spun Cotton Crafts is a just-released craft book. I am going to share an overview and book review for “Spun cotton Crafts“. The book’s author is Valerie Lloyd.
Make crafts using affordable materials to create a vintage aesthetic. The book is filled with crafts for any level of crafts. I have included a video of me flipping through the pages of the book.
This book reminds me of the type of crafts my grandma enjoyed making with her hands. I love using books like this to make ornaments for the Christmas tree, holiday decorations, and other seasonal decorations. Perfect for Christmas in July!
Affiliate links may be included in the post. By clicking the links for qualifying purchases we earn a small commission. This is at no additional cost to you.
I was gifted this copy of the book.
Vintage Inspired Crafts
Nostalgic crafts – Make crafts for spring, Midsummer gardens, autumn treasures, and winter wonderlands. Peeking into the book projects that caught my eye are vintage birds, victorian slippers, crescent moon fairy lights, woodland deer, mini mushrooms, Halloween cat…
Find cute angel crafts, elf crafts, and Santa. This book isn’t the first for Valerie Lloyd. Another book Valerie Lloyd authored is Spun Cotton Christmas Ornaments”.
What’s in the Spun Cotton Crafts craft book?
Vintage Inspired Craft Projects
- 25 Step-by-Step projects organized seasonally
- A brief history of spun cotton
- Included in the book are some project templates
- Overview of materials and embellishments
- Technique tutorials for adding color, making armatures, applying cotton, and making spun cotton balls
- Detailed material list for each project
- Detailed step-by-step images
The crafts use craft materials you can find on Amazon, or at the sewing and craft store.
- (easy to find) cotton quilt batting
- cotton roving
- cotton coil (inexpensive option for armatures)
- medical cotton
- premade spun cotton shapes
- diluted glue
- figural elements
- embellishments and more!
I love this craft project. I might make it for Sammie’s dorm room, or apartment! I’ll keep you posted. The book includes a template for this craft on page 139. I can’t wait to make a few craft projects from this book.
Flip Through The Book on YouTube – Don’t forget to subscribe to our new channel!
Home Spun Cotton is available on Kindle and Paperback
What project would you make from this craft book?
How-To Craft Books
Craft Book Reviews
- Crafting With Digital Cutting Machines
- Sewing Simple Softies
- Felt Craft Books And Patterns
- Creative Candle Making
- A Year Of Creativity
- Hello Angel Floral Paper Crafting
- Art Books To Spark Your Creativity
- The Granny Square Book Not Your Granny’s Granny Squares
- Paper Jewelry
- Nature-Inspired Embroidery Kit
- The Hand-Stitched Surface
- The Only Hand Lettering Resource You’ll Ever Need
- 51 Things To Do With Cardboard Tubes
- 51 Things To Do With Egg Cartons
- Easy Sewing Patterns For Handmade Baby Gifts