Dear Creatives, I know there are so many cookies recipes to be had but, sometimes it is the simple Old Fashioned Cookie Recipes that can’t be beat! For the holidays or anytime. In this case Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies. My grandma made them with Quaker Oats, as did my mom & I continue the tradition. As a testament to being tried & true. Sammie says these are her favorite cookies, I am sure she will have these in a recipe box one day. An entire batch was gone in over a weekend! Of course we had guests over too. Whether you use this recipe now or save it it for later it, is a simple go to & vanish Oatmeal cookie recipe with or without raisins, substitute with semi sweet chocolate chips & go nuts if you like with walnuts or pecans! In a few words one of the yummiest recipes to be kept!
We have a consensus of non raisin lovers in my house so half the batch is made substituting the semi sweet chocolate chips! & well the other half simply just the plain Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookie!
Anytime you want to bake your way into someones heart & melt it in one bite this will be one of your go to cookie recipe! Yummy with a glass a milk, cup of tea or your favorite coffee or latte! Old Fashioned Oatmeal love bite after bite! Oh, that’s not all we are baking up in our house! But, its one of the simpler recipes that is always included! You can find & save the recipe right here & then visit my recipe swap to grab my favorite shortbread recipe & raspberry crumble bars, not to mention a few other recipe favorites of other bloggers.
Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick plus 6 tbsp. butter softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- 3 Cups Quaker Oats quick or old fashioned uncooked
- Add in 1 cup raisins or 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or leave without any additions.
Heat overn to *350
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars & then add in eggs & vanilla.
Combine & then add:
flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt
Add Oats & optional items fold in, mixing well
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets ( I use parchment paper )
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool a few minutes & transfer to wire rack to complete cooling. Store in tightly cover containers.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?
Why don’t you swap it with me & drop your link in right here in the Sweet Recipe Swap
& have yourself a very Merry Christmas Eve!
- Save $1.10 on (2 )HERSHEY’S KISSES, REESE’S, HERSHEY’S Nuggets, HERSHEY’S Miniatures, ROLO, YORK or HERSHEY’S BLISS bags (7.8oz or larger)
- SAVE $1.00 on any 3 (THREE) Welch’s Sparkling Juice Cocktails 25.4oz (any flavor)
- SAVE 40¢ ON THREE when you buy any THREE Pillsbury® Crescent Dinner Rolls
- SAVE $1.00 ON TWO when you buy TWO PACKAGES any variety Pillsbury® Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- SAVE 40¢ ON THREE when you buy THREE CANS any size/variety Pillsbury® Refrigerated Grands!® OR Grands! Jr. ® Biscuits
- SAVE 60¢ ON THREE when you buy any THREE Pillsbury® Sweet Rolls OR Grands!® Sweet Rolls
- SAVE 50¢ ON TWO when you buy TWO packages of Pillsbury® Rolled Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- SAVE $.55 on any one (1) package of any Delizza Patisserie Products
- Save $1.00 on one (1) Minute Maid® Juice Box 10-pk, any variety