How to decorate mini chalkboards – Be Mine DIY. I love finding easy ways to make DIY home decor for Valentine’s Day and crafts for Valentine’s Day. I picked up a few crafting supplies for my Valentine’s Day Crafts project. We started with cute chalkboard frames, pretty red glitter and a be mine stamp in a banner style. Then I added a few items I had on hand to make it perfect for use on Valentine’s Day!
Let me show you how easy this Crafts Valentine Day project is to do. This craft project will include a tutorial, supply list, and resources to enable you to create the same project or something similar.
This craft DIY can also be done a Valentine’s Day project to do with the kids, used as a teen craft or an adult Valentine’s Day craft. You can put quite a few spins on the ideas making each one unique. I hand Stamped the chalkboard with the be mine after adding a bit of Valentine’s glitter to the outside frames! But, you could use a chalk pen to handwrite a little message too. You cand also use this project for a DIY wedding.
How To Decorate Mini Chalkboards
Be Mine DIY
Besides being an easy project you can create variations on the design. If this isn’t the craft you are looking to make see all our Valentine’s Day Crafts or our other craft ideas from the menu.
Valentine’s Day Craft – Mini Chalkboard DIY
- glue (that dries clear)
- twine or ribbons
- mini chalkboards
- chalk pens
- Valentines Day stamp
- hot glue gun
See all the supplies we used later in the post.
How To decorate mini chalkboards
The steps are easy. Tip if glittering do a bunch at once following these directions –
- Cover work area with wax paper (to pick up excess glitter and save it)
- Spread glue onto the frame but, make sure not too thick and try not to drip onto the chalkboard. Tip: have handy a damp rag ready to wipe off drips.
- Glitter frame and let dry! (ya, you might not want to glitter it as much as in the photo, just enough to fully cover glue area)
- Again, let completely dry! This is where you go up in the laundry or read a book to the kids.
- Shake off excess glitter onto your wax paper and pour back into the jar. Tip: if using different color glitters use a different piece of wax paper for each color.
Shake your chalk pen with the lid on up and down to distribute the ink inside of the pen tip. Test on paper that nib has ink flowing to tip. Color stamp with the desired color and quickly place stamp where you want it inked applying pressure. (don’t lift up and down) Then lift off. If not enough ink or too much and blurs wipe off and try again.\
Mini Chalkboard Valentine’s Day DIY
Vary your designs tie together two wood glittered hearts and hot glue to corner of the chalkboard. Of course, I needed to make some gold ones! I would have used my white chalk pen but, it ran out of ink. Note to self get a new one! lol
And if you would like to hang them measure out some twine or pretty ribbon and hot glue it onto the back of frames. Try making your own designs in chalk pens and if you don’t like it just erase with a damp cloth and redo them. If you want to make them permanent there are products on the market you can spray on top to seal it.
BE Mine DIY
Of course, if you have pretty handwriting you can always just do it yourself with no stamps.
Craft Supplies you may need – Amazon
- Black Slate Chalk Board Double-Sided 8 1/2″ X 6 1/2″ Natural Wood Frame
- Chalk Ink Marker 6Mm Metallic Solidgold Dancr
- Chalk Ink Marker- Chalk White (15mm tip)
- Chalk Ink 6mm Classic Wet Wipe Markers, 8-Pack
- One Package of 400 feet 100% Natural Hemp Cord #20
- Be Mine Stamps
- Hearts wooden with holes
- 130 ct Wood Hearts
Next just find some cool vintage hanger to re-purpose. This was a tarnished piece I found and spray painted gold. Then set your pretty board on it for display and make some more to give away! On a sunny day or in the garage spray your glitter with Krylon 6-Ounce Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating Aerosol Spray this will seal your glitter. (make sure to cover chalkboard with paper when doing this!) I hope you enjoyed this easy Valentine’s Day project!
What have you been crafting for Valentine’s Day?
- New here? Don’t forget to subscribe.
Want to grab more free printables? Free Printables
Looking for more Valentine’s Day Crafts to make?
Valentine’s Day Crafts To Make
- Valentine’s Day Free Printables & Craft Round-up
- 10 Easy Valentine’s to DIY
- Our free printable Valentine’s Day Cards
- Valentine’s Day Salt Dough Craft
- Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Valentine’s Day Crafts
More Valentine’s Day Craft Fun!